Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to open a tab in a second window or always open file with external program

If I'm having a conversation and want to refer to a file, I have to switch to the files tab, or perhaps a file pinned as a tab, wait for it to load, open the file using the desktop app, so I can have it open while I continue my conversation, then go back to my conversation. It shouldn't be that hard. I just want to be able to open a second window, like I might in a browser so I can have both chat and information side by side.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include up and down arrows to scroll through a chat instead of the bar scroll

Include up and down arrows to scroll through a chat instead of the bar scroll

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have all Channel Notifications automatically on so it is not forgotten to turn them on when being added to multiple teams and channels

Have all Channel Notifications automatically on so it is not forgotten to turn them on when being added to multiple teams and channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. keyboard shortcuts teams admin center

The Teams Admin Center needs to be optimized for accessibility. As someone who constantly uses industry-standard keyboard shortcuts, trying to create an AA or CQ is an extremely frustrating experience.
    "Tab" should go to the next field. If you are in a text box, "Home" should take you to the beginning of the field. "End" should take you to the end, etc.

How does a website get published without those simple features tested and fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Synchronizing a Team with one drive not showing private channels

When I synchronize my Team through one drive the private channel is not showing in windows explorer below the Team. The sync is showing the private channel on the top level. Working most of the time in windows explorer that is annoying to have the private channel at the right location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. create channel only

Dear Teams developer,

Let me start off: please do not create to much stuff. Keep it simple.

But do create the following:
    Allow people to create a channel only. So no nesting within a team. A channel as a team. Channel is a team....

There are a couple of reasons to consider this idea:
    - You already created Pinned channels...why do you think this is?
    - It reduces complexity (it works for slack)
    - You have private channels, why do you think this is?
    - Channels are the places to communicate. We see a lot of teams where only general…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Want Tabs in order to have ability to switch between chats and docs easily

It's really frustrating to have to navigate back into a document within a channel, within a folder and then when you go over to a chat, you have to enter back into your document rather than being able to quickly switch between chat and document or meeting and document with tabs at the top of the page. should be a "open doc in new tab" and then you can have multiple documents and chats open at once. Would be great if things could be pinned as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New Files-tab experience should show up file size

The new SharePoint-like experience of the Files tab is quite awesome but does not show up the file size as a default column. I think that this is really annoying not to know how much bandwidth consumption takes place - especially with mobile use cases.
    Please add the file size column as default column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No Separate Browser Window in HyperLinks

I want to put a link to create a chat in teams in my email signature, that does NOT open a separate browser window. This URL to create a chat link opens a browser window and then reverts to the TEAMS browser.

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=username@domain.com&topicname=Chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a OLED dark mode for iOS and android

I would love a true OLED dark mode for iOS and android I have an iPhone XS and I would like a true black dark mode so we can take advantage of saving battery life and I’m confident many other people would agree people may say that the dark mode we have at the moment is fine but in reality it just isn’t enough I think it would be better to have a OLED one so we can save battery life.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Meeting Dial-in Information Customization

Add the ability for a user to customize the meeting dial-in information within the Teams client so that whenever the user creates a meeting, it uses that information. This would be helpful when people are required to use a non-Teams conference bridge.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an option to display to-the-second chat message timestamps on all messages.

Not all chat messages in the Windows 10 app show a timestamp if several messages are entered by the same person, such as to update everyone during IT maintenance. As a way to track how long the entire maintenance or parts of that maintenance took, the timestamps for each chat message is important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to serach users by their 'display name'

Right now it is not possible to serach user by their 'display name'. Some companies are adding eg. team name to user display name. Following this example it is impossible to find users using team name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. notifications

I don't have an idea to improve, but I don't see notifications and miss messages for hours even though I am at my computer all day. can you please improve this feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Editing Excel on Teams

I want to see who has edited which cell on Excel workbook on Teams, however it is not shown

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Backup Outlook 365 | Best tool for Office 365 backup - Shoviv Software

With the launch of Microsoft Office 365 it's popularity increases every day. Basically Office 365 is a successor of Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS).
    Confronting growing competition from Google's similar service Google Apps, Microsoft planned the Office 365 program to "bring together" its existing online services (such as the Business Productivity Online Suite) into "an always-up to date cloud service" including Exchange Server (for email), SharePoint (for inward social systems network collaboration, and an public site), and Lync (presently Skype for Business) (for communication, VoIP, and conferencing).

All these features makes Microsoft Office 365 as a ideal chooise for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. What a poor feedback experience! This is where you drop users to let you know about poor navigation? I'm lost.

What a poor feedback experience! This is where you drop users to let you know about poor navigation? I'm lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Regarding changing of Microsoft Teams team names and deletion

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams チーム名の変更、削除について
    Regarding changing of Microsoft Teams team names and deletion

■Description(内容):
    現在不要なチームの乱立を避けるため、チームを作成できるユーザーを Office 365 管理者のみに制限しています。
    管理者のみで組織内の全メンバーの追加、編集を実施することは現実的でないため、複数の一般ユーザーをチームの所有者に設定しています。
    現在の動作ではチームの所有者であればチーム名の変更、チームの削除ができてしまうため、Office 365 管理者のみチームの編集ができるよう機能の拡張を要望します。
    Currently we have restricted the users who can create teams to Office 365 administrators only in order to avoid having lots of unwanted teams being created.
    It is not practical for the administrator only to add all organization members and edit them, so several normal users have been set as the team owners.
    But currently as long as a user is a team owner they can change the team name and delete the team, so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Best Free Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration

For the better migration of Lotus Notes NSF to Office 365, Try the best third-party migration tool - Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 Migration Tool.
    Using Shoviv NSF to Office 365 Migration tool there is no requirement of an expert, the user interface of this tool is very easy to use non-technical users use this tool is very easy.

With the help of this tool, you can take the following advantages

1: The tool migrates multiple mailboxes to Office 365, Outlook PST, and Live Exchange in a single attempt.
    2: It converts multiple mailboxes and also saves in EML…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base