Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Focus lock when multiple people editing the same excel and on a conference call .

When on a conference call , and multiple people are editing the same excel , an option to focus lock on cells for the primary editor can be option to be provided.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams is not working suddenly on my laptop, please contact me soon need your help. +919731896607

Teams is not working suddenly on my laptop, please contact me soon need your help. +919731896607

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Interoperability with Cisco Unity for voice messaging

Key requirement for our company is to allow voice messages to be exchanged between users on Cisco vs Teams platform. For example a broadcast message sent from Unity to be delivered to multiple users Teams/Exchange, and 1:1 voice messages to be exchanged between users on Cisco CUCM/Unity and Teams/Exchange. Will be a critical factor to enable widescale Teams migration. Is there any prospect of this natively or with a 3rd party tool?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete Teams off the face of the earth and let Slack do what it does best!

Delete Teams off the face of the earth and let Slack do what it does best!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Some USB camera/speaker/mic combo lead to 1 min pause opun plug in on macOS

Immediately following plugging in a Logitech Meetup camera, latest Teams on macOS 10.14 and 10.15 both spend approximately 1 minute in a non-responsive state, where no pointer clicks or keyboard input are registered. After about 1 minute, the situation times out and the software behaves normally.
    This seems to have started in the last months of 2019- it has not always been this way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please add a search bar on the chats to loook up for an specific message

please add a search bar on the chats to loook up for an specific message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide option to delete and/or rename Files

As in Windows Explorer, the ability to delete and/or rename files posted in the Files area of Chat or Teams should be permitted. Ideally, simply adding these options to the 3 ellipses to the right of a file would be intuitive. Currently, you have to go to the actual file location via Windows Explorer to delete the file, however, it still shows in Teams (but indicates it has been deleted when you click on the filename in Teams).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. we added a people to chat and at the end i want the random chat head in to a particular group

we have added people and have conversation , and i end i want to convert that chat head in to teams group

so if there was a option for that would be great

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. General Channel to be moveable

It would be great if you could move the the general channel to lower down if you don't use it under a team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. eSoftTools Zip Password Recovery

To unlock zip file password use eSoftTools zip password Recovery software and open any password-protected zip file in just two mouse clicks. it has advanced techniques(Mask attack, Brute force attack and Dictionary attack) which recover password without damaging saved data. This tool is tested with all windows and zip editions and comes with the free demo version.

More Info:- https://www.esofttools.com/zip-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to see all channels when we filter in Teams

When we filter for a particular Team, we are seeing only 'Genera' channel. It would be very helpful if we can see all the available channels for the team.

For now, we had to browse through all the teams to see all channels for the Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Feature that allows you to send one or multiple messages from one chat to other chats.

Idea 1:
    You could add feature that allows you to send one or multiple messages from one chat to other chats.

Idea 2:
    Person A and B are chatting. Person A adds person C. Person C cannot see any old messages. Change this so person C can read older messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In Planner, we're often being asked to provide a % of progress done. Other task systems provide

We use planner to keep track of tasks, but unlike other tasks management software, we can't provide update on % done of a task.

We need to provide an update as to if we've done 20%, 50% or 90 % for instance.

Could a % progress indicator be added to Planner also, so that if status is progress that you can also specify the % done so far?

thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. This is just a Thank You to the Team behind Teams!

You have a very happy customer! My colleague, a medical doctor by training, is currently seting up an NGO, on which I am a board member. We were using google drive for our collaboration before I got us on Office 365 mail. She discovered Teams all on her own, and for the past 2-3 months she has become so proficient with it. She loves the tool, and today sent out an email to the board that we are moving all our documents to Teams; makes me so happy!
    Here is a brief note she sent to the board:
    "We are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Move the popup emoticons to the right

The pop emoticons are now presented direct on the message, sometimes it gets misclicked. My advise is to move the to the right site (a lot of blank space)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How about end this practice of begging for feedback?

It's coutnerproductive anyway because you cannot control the source of data and most of all it's annoying. I always leave negative feedbacks to prove it, regardless if I like it or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide an update notification mechanism for Linux

While the deb and rpm packages install update channels this does not work for other distributions. It would be good if there were a way to check that there is an update available through some mechanism: rss feed, in app notification, manual (check updates).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base