Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams has a bug: On windows 10, it some times does not show new message alert on the task bar

Teams has a bug: On windows 10, it some times does not show new message alert on the task bar

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On minimize the main application, there should be small view of the application at the top of all apps. Just like zoom does on minimize.

On minimize the main application, there should be small view of the application at the top of all apps. Just like zoom does on minimize.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. notifications

I don't get a pop-up notification for any channel (chats, groups etc). However, it works for my other colleagues and all our settings are the same.

Can anyone provide any insight to this issue?
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. teamsの履歴をアウトプットできるようにしてください

teamsの履歴をアウトプットできるようにしてください

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple login pages after Active Directory password changed

When I change password in AD then open teams app on Android it asks for password multiple times. I need to click back button like 10 times and logout the app because it's faster then putting password 10 times

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remember my choice to enable chat across all calls

When I enable chat in a call, have the app save that choice and display it on all my calls till I disable it again. Once disabled it will show disabled on all calls till I enable it again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Do not display Contacts | Favorites unless the user actually has Favorites

Screen real-estate is valuable. Taking up space with something that a user doesn't use causes excessive scrolling. Forcing a user to give up space to Contacts | Favorites when they don't use Favorites within Contacts causes loss of productivity, frustrates the user and costs the company real money.

Do not show "Favorites" under Contacts unless the user actually marks a contact as a Favorite.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don’t put the record button where the send button is.

Whenever I push send, it also records since the send button turns into a record button shortly after. Please relocate the record button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Praise available in named group chats

We're enjoying the Praise feature. However, we've found that the Praise feature doesn't work in group chats where we've changed the chat name. Group chats where we've not changed the name accept Praise posts with no problems. For named group chats, the Praise feature hangs after choosing the badge.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ranking Key Words in Channels/Teams/Tenant

Ranking Key Words across Channels/Teams/Tenant as part of the analytics. Supervision is available so I imagine this should be possible.

Request from Tech Community

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. getrennte Audioausgabe von Rufsignal und Sprache ( Ruf auf Lautsprecher und Audio auf Kopfhörer)

getrennte Audioausgabe von Rufsignal und Sprache ( Ruf auf Lautsprecher und Audio auf Kopfhörer)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide an O365 Tenant rule to Lock a Teams setting so a TEAM Owner can not change a Teams setting.

Provide an O365 Tenant rule to Lock a Teams setting so a TEAM Owner can not change a Teams setting. Example: We may want to ensure no channel posts can be deleted at anytime. right now the owner of a team can turn off the setting that controls the delete capability on a channel post.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Easily Rearrange Favorite Teams

When more than a handful of teams are marked as Favorites it is difficult to rearrange the order of the Favorited Teams. Specifically, when you try to drag a team from the bottom the list will not scroll to allow you to move it near the top of the list. This seems to happen with both the Desktop and Web Teams apps.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notify user when Flow Bot @mentions them

Flow Bot can now @mention users using the <at>email </at> tag, but this does not generate a notification. Could we notify the user the in the same manner when someone @mentions them during a conversation?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Explain the cause and reason for Teams being installed

Not sure what this is asking... "my area"? I work in R&D. I'm just writing to provide feedback that the Teams installer ran this morning when I restarted my PC and I really want to know what it is, what caused the installer to run, and what the point of it is... but none of that information is made available. Who caused it? Was it my own IT department, or something from Microsoft? If the former, it would be most appropriate to issue a message on the opening screen saying so. If it is from Microsoft's own initiative, then who…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Password change does not affect notifications on android device

When user's password is changed, teams app in android device shows notifications on device. App asks password when teams is opened but notifications continue to work without providing new password. I think this is security flaw and should be fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. more menu item in left-pane

i think this space (see attached image) can show more than 6 menu
    and can customize to show/hide/order from team admin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow selection of channels to show on chat page

You can only see 3 channels on the chat list page, and they seem to be picking the general channel from my first 3 teams I favorite. I’d like to pick which three channels I want to see. The general channel isn’t always my most active

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can you have feature of recalling sent message in MacBook Outlook?

Can you have feature of recalling sent message in MacBook Outlook?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ios UI not intuitive

Please take a look at the Slack mobile app. It’s very easy to use and intuitive. The #1 thing you want to do is participate in a channel or a DM. They provide you a list of those as the default view vs having to shop around and then it’s just clunky. Takes way too many taps to start a chat and/or find it when you return. The Windows desktop app is much better. I was using the iOS app.

Oh, and when in dark mode, some of the profile text is gray on black when editing your profile, can’t…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base