Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it possible to go back and record a session after it has started.

Making it possible to record an entire session, after if has already started.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Once the one-note is corrupted there is no other way apart from recreating the one-note

This is in reference to the support ticket that we raised with Microsoft (16479713) Microsoft Partner Cloud Support for Office 365 .

Issue - I can't add a OneNote notebook to my team in "Teams". I get an error about the API. Same error occurs on multiple attempts. The notebook is stored in a SharePoint site. If I try to add it using a URL it fails as well.

We have been asked to recreat and reconfigure the whole onenote book, however the action plan suggested is not feasible for us to implement. As this will impact 100s of users…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notification pop-up - right click to turn off

With the notification pop-up "so and so is now available", this is currently turned on and off for an individual in the Chat page by right-clicking their name. I would like to be able to turn off the notifications for this person by right-clicking on the pop-up itself and having an option there, rather than having to go back into Teams > Chat etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I really need the option to draw on documents in teams

you can fill out a form by typing but there isn't an option to handwrite/ draw on a document. This makes getting a signature impossible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. notificaitons

Allow a setting where if I turn off the Banner notification, I can still choose to have a sound notification. Right now when I turn off the Banner, the sound goes away as well so I get no notification at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. HEVC support for videos in the program

HEVC video support is missing from the app and videos will not play in the app and have to be downloaded to the PC to play.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Guests

Hi, I would like to use TEAMS with internal and external employees of the company I work for. Thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. i want to send the same massge to like 50 people so mass sending please

I want an option where I can send custom message to 50 20 people

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Send short post to general tab when writing in another chanel

Hi!

An option to post a short (automated) message to general chanel when user submit something on other channel. I believe it would be a great feature for those who work at school there different channels are used for different types. When teacher submit something in one channel then automated message should be posted in general channel with simple text as : New post has been submitted about ...." followed by a short text from post teacher submitted (firs 2 or 3 rows")

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. i want to avoid popping up of mini window on desktop when msg comes.

i want to avoid popping up of mini window on desktop when msg comes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. i want to avoid popping up of mini window on desktop when msg comes.

i want to avoid popping up of mini window on desktop when msg comes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft teams feature

Hi, I miss the emojis and the drag and drop feature in the chat function. For example when creating a group in your contacts, is not possiible to drag the contacts beetween goups. In skype for business it is possible.
    And also all the emoijis is needed.
    Maybe you already planned to add the feaure later?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Functionality to add days off like bank holidays in Shifts that will apply for all team members.

It would be great to add days off in Shifts that will apply for all members of the group. It should be set by Group as we may have people located in different countries.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Team Member

Our teams include partners outside our organization. I want to be able to include them in conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have the latest message in Teams appear at the top of the chat screen

When posting messages in Teams have the latest message appear at the top of the screen so you don't have to keep scrolling down to he bottom of the page to view the latest messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Roll call feature

The awkward roll-call that kicks off our 10+ person meetings needs a solution!

The moderator needs to see a simple list that lists attendees. The feature/tool could allow people to click a name and "check-in" when they join a call. The feature would also address the situation when a few people are in a room together and join a call. Currently, only the individual who calls in is listed which doesn't actually capture who is "on the call."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want to export my wiki to a markdown and or import a markdown into a teams wiki.

I want to export my wiki to a markdown and or import a markdown into a teams wiki.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CQD needs the ability to report, alert and grade a call based on maximum %rate measureables rather than averages

CQD grades a call based on average (normalized) data – as such it misses instances of severe packet loss and round trip numbers that are way too high. As a result a person can label a call as terrible but your tool will grade the call as good (because the call averaged out to be okay – within the thresholds). As we are not able to change the thresholds this will be an issue.
    ooking for a way to work around this from an alerting perspective.
    We will need ability to set up reporting that is based on the debug…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base