Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When I open a file to edit outside of Teams, add a "close and return to channel" button on the "Resume editing here" dialog

When I launch an external edit of a file from a file I have open in teams, the teams window has a modal with "Resume editing here" as the only option. To get back to the chat/channel I came from, I have to resume editing and then close the file. I almost never want to resume editing inside of teams after launching externally - but I do almost always want to return to where I left off. Please add a "close and return to chat/channel" button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to automatically publish all Q&A in Live Events

Give Live Event producer the ability to automatically publish all Q&A instead of having to publish each individual message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Response button

allow "response" button on the desktop or web chat, to be able to make a reference on the direct or relevant chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to disable badge notifications in task bar

Please enable the ability to disable badge notifications in the task bar when teams is running in the background. I get them even if i'm on do not disturb and its honestly a needless distraction. thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Comments" in Office Files should be Teams Conversations

Currently when opening an office document in teams, you can have a conversation around that document by "starting a conversation". I also see that recently when opening files, in the top right you have "Comments" and now "Conversations", the latter being the Teams thread.

It would be great if that "Conversations" button showed up in the web and desktop versions of Office as well and not only in Teams.

I'm guessing it would need to display all the threads that the document has been mentioned in and that you have access to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need to show the user

Need to show the user as to how long He/She is unavailable in the Microsoft Teams session and when did He/She connect back to the session

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please fix recent bug issues around joining and screen sharing.

When someone shares a screen after people have joined, not everyone can view it and some have to hang up and re-join. Please look into this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delete messages for good. Not just hide

Delete messages for good not just hide them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hide new conversation

It would be nice if the "Start new conversation" field would be hidden once I click Reply to a post. Sometimes the buttons at the bottom of the reply don't show on screen without scrolling down and I've accidentally clicked the buttons below the new conversation field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate teams with the new Project Online

Microsoft recently re-launched Project Online. This is a powerful PM software that has the ability to see Gantt Charts and Kanban boards. It would be great if this can have a similar level of integration as Planner currently has.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Warn you when creating Teams Meetings in the past

It would be good if Teams warned you when you accidentally create a meeting for a date in the past. We have had a few examples where the meeting organiser doesn't notice that they selected a day in the past for the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remember chat group options - Expanded or Collapsed

I know this has been posted several times, but this has been a problem for multiple years. Microsoft, please fix this. I say fix because this is an option on Skype / Lync. I want to be able to collapse chat groups and have Teams remember this whenever I navigate away from chat. DOES ANYONE FROM MICROSOFT EVEN SEE THESE "IDEAS"?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Permanent Views

The ability to create permanent filtered views to see things like only unread messages is needed to remove the great deal of clutter that is currently present in the application

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Missed chat notifications

All missed chat messages should send an email regarding a missed conversation, currently this feature does not function well if at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. use quick edit in Teams "File" tab

Allow users to use SharePoint quick edit within teams Files Tab. So you do not have to open in sharepoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Post and track on going tasks in group chat

For each group chat with different group you are collaborating, there are tasks that’s need to be followed up. However, if someone just teams it, the task will most likely get lost in the millions conversations. Just like announcements, if special message “task” is posted, there is a way to view the on going tasks list for this group chat. If some one completes the tasks, it can be checked off or maybe even add a note.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to see all my coworkers when I´m in a vidiochat with more than 4 people

I only see 4 videos with people with active camara and not the 8 who was in my meeting.

Can you fix that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. eSoftTools Exchange Server Database Recovery Software

An outstanding utility name as the Exchange Database Recovery software of eSoftTools provides the facility to all users to easily restore all lost database from any Corrupt Exchange EDB file.

Also, This tool facilitates users to export all EDB items like emails, contacts, chats, tasks, notes, journals, and appointments to multiple file formats such as- PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, and HTML.

It can easily repair any size EDB file because it has no file size limitations to repair the Exchange EDB.

For More Info, Visit Here:- https://www.esofttools.com/exchange-edb-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base