Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return to the same conversation after clicking on a file

After clicking on a file and closing it, the displayed channel and message can change completely, obfuscating navigation.

To reproduce:
    - Open the Activity feed
    - Click on an activity that is not near the top
    - Scroll through the opened channel and open a file by clicking on it
    - Close it
    - The activity feed will open with the top item selected, instead of the item you were viewing

I am using the Teams desktop app for Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MS Teams Chat Discussion Topics

The Chat Feature in MS Teams is nice, however as discussion topics get old it is often hard to find what was previously discussed. I would like the ability to have a Chat that is organized by a specific topic. If the topic continues on it would be good to have the ability to transfer the discussion to a Team Channel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cloud File Upload

It would help to have the ability to delete files. I accidentally uploaded a file to my cloud that I do not want and there is no option to delete it. Only to edit it. Also, it does not format the same when I upload a file. Anything that I tabbed when I created the document on Microsoft Word is clumped together when I upload on Teams. It will not let me use the tab key when I edit on Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bigger Notification when message received

Make a box pop up on the screen that I have to click to ignore or reply

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Document Zoom feature is not showing all information on the document

When viewing a document under the Files tab in Teams, if you zoom into the document, some of the information may be lost. Just spent an hour on a bank reconciliation that I was viewing zoomed in at 125%. It was missing information, so the bank rec didn't tie. I zoome dout to 100% and all the information reappeared.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search field is not working properly

My team and I previously using the search bar to look for messages we put on teams. Now the search seems useless. It does not show up any results at all. I am talking about the search bar in Team desktop application and on the web app. however the search bar on the mobile app works fine. Any idea how to fix it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can we please have more rooms available to book for meetings e.g. Capita House and Capita Park meeting and 121 rooms?

Have more rooms available to book for TEAMS meeting e.g. those in Dearne Valley

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there and thank you for posting a suggestion in our public Teams UserVoice. Your request isn’t controlled by our product but instead by internal IT. They manage the resource list that appears in the product. I’d suggest reaching out to the IT dept. and issuing a ticket to make your suggestion. Thanks again! Microsoft Teams

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. UI + notification issues

1.UI is very bad. Take ideas from hangout or whatsapp.
    2. User will not get any notification if there are any incoming msgs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pantalla compartida

Estaría muy bien que cuando compartes pantalla con otras personas en un meeting y tienes varias plantillas abiertas las cuales quieres presentarlas no tener que estar cambiando e indicando la plantilla que quieres compartir en cada momento ya que se convierte en algo incómodo y poco ágil.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Prohibit to add guest users

I would like you to implement a feature that can prohibit to add guest users by default when a user creates a team while only specific team can add guest users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Rollover Files and folder including permissions to "New" class Teams.

Our school uses Teams to share content relating to specific school classes. We have around 300 classes, and 1200 students in our school.

Example Team name: 201908MA1 is a year 8 maths class. There would be course material in there uploaded by the teacher. At the end of the year the class is archived.
    Next year we create 2020
    08MA1 for the "new" year 8 maths students, however have to re-upload all the content. It would be great to have a Rollover function, so as the old team is archived but a new team is created preserving the basic…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve the diary and link in the To Do list

If Teams is to be the center of the daily workflow and the concept is to live in Teams then the diary/calendar needs to have better view options ie. weekly and monthly. Also the To Do list needs to be visible in Teams as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Showing the badge, three dots and the ribbon at the end of the message frustrates me when I try to copy the message.Show them below the msg

Showing the badge, three dots and the ribbon at the end of the message frustrates me when I try to copy the message.Show them below the msg

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Anrufbeantwortungsregeln: Klingeldauer vor dem Umleiten benutzerdefiniert eingeben

Die Klingeldauer sollte individuell eingegeben werden können. 10 Sekunden zu warten, bis der Anruf umgeleitet wird, sind zu lange für den Kunden bei mir. Ich entscheide in den ersten 2-3 Sekunden. Danach sollte der Anruf sofort umgeleitet werden. Deshalb sollte mindestens 5 Sekunden als Auswahl zur Verfügung stehen, oder die Sekunden sollten frei wählbar sein.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. GPO prevent users from installing standalone version of teams

Please allow the ability to have a GPO to prevent users from installing the standallone version of teams if the machine is on a domain. We only want users installing the machine wide version from SCCM Software Center and users will just go download it its please allow us to prevent this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move comment buttons over in chat

The 3 dots, Like button, and Save overlaps messaging in chat from others and needs to be moved over in times needing to copy data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base