Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Methods to control sign ins to Teams from non-domain joined devices

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ドメインに参加していない端末で Microsoft Teams へのサインインを制御する方法について
    Methods to control sign ins to Teams from non-domain joined devices

■Description(内容):
    ドメインに参加している端末は、サインインを制御する場合グループポリシーから一括で制御が可能だが、ドメインに参加していない端末はレジストリを変更するなど個別の対応しかできないため、Microsoft Teams 管理センターから特定のテナントのみのサインインに制限するなど、簡単に実施する機能を追加して欲しい。
    <背景>
    Microsoft Teams に個人アカウントでサインインができる機能が実装されたが、個人アカウントでのサインインを制御して運用をする背景がある。

It is possible to control sign ins from domain joined devices using group policies to set all restrictions at once, but to do this for non-domain joined devices, you need to individually do things like change the registry etc. so please add a way to restrict sign in on certain tenants and so on easily from the Teams admin center.
    Background:
    Teams has a way to sign in using personal accounts, but we…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Painful switching between different domain accounts

I'm working for 3 different customers who all use Teams, where I BYOD (Mobile and Laptop).

It's a super pain across Desktop App, Browser, Mobile App: seemingly I have to completely log out of the current app instances, and log in again in a different domain.

At one point I was just using web browser access, but the experience was so poor and buggy I wastold I must use the Web or Mobile app ....

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Be able to work with a status showing (offline) when I have internet connection

When I'm connected to internet, I want to be able to turn my status ''offline'' so people can't not see I'm online similar to Skype. This is useful when working after hours or over weekend and you don't want other people to see you are working. This functionality was on Skype.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Choose which App to open when loading Teams for the first time

Like in Outlook, I can choose the folder I open as default; I would like to have the same Teams option. I would be able to have my Teams load my calendar first and not one of the Teams I am part of.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make SSO sign in fail pop-up less annoying

During a failed SSO sign-in attempt (e.g. not being connected to the organization's VPN), there is a "You cannot access this right now" notification / popup. It is blocking the main Teams window in the background (and also other O365 applications such as Outlook) and doesn't allow to do to anything else or click anywhere else (e.g. dismiss the Upcoming Activities in Outlook popup) until it is closed.

When it is closed, the next log-in attempt is made by the App and the window pops up again, blocking any user interaction. This usually happens roughly 3-5 times (number of login…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add ability to be logged in with multiple business accounts like Outlook

There are a lot of us consultants that needs to be able to see multiple team chats. Therefore we need to be able to login with multiple accounts (business accounts).
    Outlook have this feature allowing us multiple email accounts. Do same with Teams.
    Not just one extra account, but as many as we need.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adding multiple accounts

■Title(件名):
    複数アカウント追加機能の実装要望
    Adding multiple accounts

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams には、複数アカウントにサインインし、同時に閲覧できる機能がない。
    複数アカウントでサインインした状態で、ゲストユーザーのテナント切り替え機能のように、複数アカウントでサインインし、テナントを切り替え閲覧可能となる機能実装を要望します。

Currently, it is not possible to sign in and view several accounts at once in Teams.
    Please make it possible to sign in to multiple accounts and switch tenants, so that we can sign in to several accounts and switch to a guest user tenant.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Visible the Admin Credentials

When accessing the Admin Account in Teams the Admin needs to have the admin credential window box visible when sharing a screen with remote user. Example: installing software on company issue device via Teams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Multiple Accounts

I have two office 365 emails from two different institutions, would be nice to be able to switch back and forth from the accounts in teams. I can do this in Outlook.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple Tenant Sign Ins

It would be extemely beneficial to be able to log in to multiple tenant logins and switch the teams profile based on the account you choose. Similar to other Microsoft account features such as outlook, mobile apps, etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable customizing One time password prompt

Hello Team!

While logging in, One time password prompt is the same for Teams and Outlook. Please help provide the admin side option to customize the prompt message.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Guest status not showing when connected via Mobile App

When a user outside the organisation (Guest User) joins using the Teams App (iOs & Android). (Guest) does not appear after the username.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Autologon with HKCU reg value adjusted UPN username

You can empty the Teams logon prefilled upn information with a reg value

Computer\HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Teams
    SkipUpnPrefill(REG_DWORD)
    0x00000001 (1)

I would like to have similar setting, that you can set the username UPN and logon automatically with that username to Teams.

When domain UPN is different from email-addess you have to login to Teams by typing your email. You cannot use the autologin feature if your domain user account UPN is different from your Teams account UPN.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New-CsOnlineSession does not adhere to Sessionoptions?

There is no category PowerShell, so I list it under Account Access (close enough, I hope...)

I have created Session Options to pass on to the New-CsOnlineSession (SkypeOnlineConnector v7) Command.
    My intent was to increase the timeout to 4 hours.

This did not do anything - I still get timeouts after 60min, sometimes even after 5 (which is odd).

Having just switched to creating the session with New-CsOnlineSession (MicrosoftTeams), I could not yet test it thoroughly, but the hardcoded timeout after 60mins seems to be there still.

Can this be looked at please as it is highly disruptive having to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple Account login in One teams application

Idea is user can sign-in to teams using one account but can get the notification from other accounts too by add account functionality.

Requirement : I have to login in teams with my office email ID but at same time I have to check notification on my client's side email ID.

Currently I am login into app with one ID and on Browser with other ID but sometime I miss browsers notification. But if teams provide multiple account login into single app then user won't miss any notification.

Reference : Similar feature is available in SLACK.

We will glad to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Differences in the Teams sign in screen

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のサインイン画面の違いについて
    Differences in the Teams sign in screen

■Description(内容):
    ユーザー毎に、Microsoft Teams へサインインする際のサインイン画面に違いがあります。
    サインイン画面の違いについて、明確に記載された公開情報の展開を希望します。

There are differences in the sign in screen for different users when they are signing into Teams. Please make details of these differences clear in publicly available information.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a way to check which tenant account is used to sign in in the Teams client.

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams クライアントで、どのテナントのアカウントを利用してサインインしているかを確認する機能
    Add a way to check which tenant account is used to sign in in the Teams client.

■Description(内容):
    どのテナントのアカウントで Microsoft Teams クライアントにサインインしているかを確認する機能を提供してほしい。
    Microsoft Teams クライアントで個人用アカウントでサインインできるようになり、あわせて、指定した ID 以外のテナントのアカウントではサインインできないようにする機能も実装されたが、この機能を利用してサインインの制限を実施した場合の影響を懸念している。
    例えば、これまで、他社のアカウントを借りて Microsoft Teams にサインインして利用していたユーザーがいた場合、制限を実施するとそのような作業ができなくなる。
    このため、Microsoft Teams クライアントについて、管理者ユーザーが、組織内のユーザーがどのテナントのアカウントを利用してサインインしているかを確認できる機能を提供してほしい。

Please add a way to check which tenant account is used to sign in in the Teams client.
    There are functions to allow signing in on personal accounts in the Teams client, or to prevent signing in with tenant accounts other than those on specified IDs, but I am concerned about the effects which implementing these controls would have. …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base