Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time

We need the ability to sign in with multiple accounts. Many of us have several O365 accounts for various reasons (consulting, etc), and we’d need to be able to access teams directly. This is not a federation or B2B scenario, but a case where new O365 credentials have been created in another tenant for us. The app today only allows a single signed-in account at a time and that’s a blocker.

30,053 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2560 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The engineering team is continuing to work on adding support for multiple accounts on desktop clients. We will first launch support for 1 work/school account and 1 personal account so users can enjoy Teams for work and personal side-by-side. Windows and MacOS. Support for multiple work accounts is still being worked on and will come at a later date.

You can track status via the roadmap here: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?searchterms=68845.

Thanks!

2. Integrate the client login with Office 365

Integrate the client login with Office 365, similar to the integration of OneNote, Word, and Excel. This utilizes the current login information instead of prompting the user for credentials each time the client is started.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This request is now under review by the feature team.

Thank you for the suggestions!
    -Warren

3. Expired password login loop

When I change my expired password in AD, and thus Office 365, Teams Desktop app asks me to login again. The app closes, re-opens and I get the same message. Loop. Cannot get to settings through normal method. Had to use the system tray icon to access settings to log out.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto sign-in MS Teams disable with centralized policy

I have been informed that the only way to disable the option of Auto start is from a user Teams setting option which is by design. which is why it is only operated user vise. However with our Terminal server environments having the auto start ability disabled would be a great help on server resources. Either being a tenancy setting for this, or a powershell script for tenant wide is a good idea. Hope this is a possibility as it would be a real win for our Microsoft client base, which is over 30 businesses in the UK, all using…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Error when assigning Teams Service Admin via group in Azure AD

When we assign Teams service admin role to a group in Azure AD (preview feature), users in this group become available to sign-in to Teams Admin Center, but cannot access to app permission as expected.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams app should support multiple accounts logon

Teams app should support multiple accounts logon .

Many customers create an external email id and account for external consultants working for their company .

It becomes very difficult to find customer counterparts via teams due to their internal security policy.

It will be very easy in Teams app allow to sign in with multiple accounts so that external account can be used to chat with customer counterparts.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Gif / Animated teams avatars

It would be nice to be able to use a gif / animation as your user profile pic / avatar

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to work with a status showing (offline) when I have internet connection

When I'm connected to internet, I want to be able to turn my status ''offline'' so people can't not see I'm online similar to Skype. This is useful when working after hours or over weekend and you don't want other people to see you are working. This functionality was on Skype.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Is there a way to delegate permissions to view/respond to chats in Teams on behalf of someone - like Outlook?

I find that if leaders are engaged in a chat and files are being shared/worked on - that would normally have been done in Outlook where permissions/access is set up - is there such a function in Teams chats?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable customizing One time password prompt

Hello Team!

While logging in, One time password prompt is the same for Teams and Outlook. Please help provide the admin side option to customize the prompt message.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. QR code reader for mobile login

The logged in Desktop app should have a QR code reader, so that its easy for mobile login

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a way to check which tenant account is used to sign in in the Teams client.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams クライアントで、どのテナントのアカウントを利用してサインインしているかを確認する機能
    Add a way to check which tenant account is used to sign in in the Teams client.

■Description(内容):
    どのテナントのアカウントで Microsoft Teams クライアントにサインインしているかを確認する機能を提供してほしい。
    Microsoft Teams クライアントで個人用アカウントでサインインできるようになり、あわせて、指定した ID 以外のテナントのアカウントではサインインできないようにする機能も実装されたが、この機能を利用してサインインの制限を実施した場合の影響を懸念している。
    例えば、これまで、他社のアカウントを借りて Microsoft Teams にサインインして利用していたユーザーがいた場合、制限を実施するとそのような作業ができなくなる。
    このため、Microsoft Teams クライアントについて、管理者ユーザーが、組織内のユーザーがどのテナントのアカウントを利用してサインインしているかを確認できる機能を提供してほしい。

Please add a way to check which tenant account is used to sign in in the Teams client.
    There are functions to allow signing in on personal accounts in the Teams client, or to prevent signing in with tenant accounts other than those on specified IDs, but I am concerned about the effects which implementing these controls would have. …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add support for multiple accounts on same Teams Desktop version

Please add support for switching to multiple accounts on same Teams Desktop version. Everyone I know in my industry really wants this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simultaneously logged-in to multiple tenants

Today we have the ability to switch tenants under the same user ID. Service providers (like consultants, IT services, creative agencies, accountants, ...) often act very integrated with their client teams.

To allow Teams to be used in these collaborative workflows, we need simultaneous access to multiple tenants - without manual switching.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Should be able to utilize multiple account for Teams, just like you can add different email address accounts in Outlook.

Should be able to utilize multiple account for Teams, just like you can add different email address accounts in Outlook. Contractors especially are often going back and forth in different accounts. Make the desktop version more like the phone app version, where you can seamlessly jump into a different account. Right now I have to have an incognito window open to see my other Teams accounts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A place were we can see our personal information

Like a place were we see our personal information on team

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A place where we can see our password

We need a place on settings were it can show personal information like name, passwordetc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base