Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Time zone issue in lists

I am using the Lists feature from Japan but apparently it works in US time zone and every time I create an item choosing "Today" in the morning JST, it is created under the previous date. In my microsoft setting, the time zone/location is correctly set as Tokyo.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to delete a list

Within a channel, once a list is created and attached as a tab I do not see the option to permanently delete it. The only option available is to rename or remove from view. Please add a feature to delete redundant lists.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve the embedding of Sharepoint Lists

When adding a Sharepoint List to a Tab in a Team, it puts the entire sharepoint site in a frame. It's visually akward and exposes functionality you may not want the team members to see or be distracted by. Just embed the list itself.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft Lists - Enable importing data in bulk to an existing lists and setting up format for future bulk imports

One should be able to add data in bulk to an existing list from an identical list edited on a separate tool.

Also, the import from excel is extremely primitive: dates are not even recognised as such but as numbers.

The idea behind this bulk import would be that, data is imported in bulk to an existing list as formatted on the app. For instance, when a column is formatted as 'choice', Lists should recognise the different choices (and even add new ones) and add the data from the file used for importing in bulk but as formatted on the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export function in Lists app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Lists アプリのエクスポート機能
    Export function in Lists app

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams のチーム上で追加した Lists アプリを別のテナントへエクスポートできる機能の実装を要望します。

Please add a way to export content from the Lists app added to a Teams team into a separate tenant.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. fixed filter on sharepoint list in Teams

I add one sharepoint list to different teams as a tab page. Here it would be nice to set a fixed filter in every team so when a member navigates to the tab page they only see the filtered list that is set in the team.

Now i use the following work around:
    1. in the sharepoint list: create a view
    2. Select the view and copy the URL
    3. Add a new tab and select website
    4. paste the url of the sharepoint view

It would be nice if I could use this functionality when I add an excisting…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Color coded events in Calendar view of Lists

Hi, as was in the earlier demo of Lists, we would love to be able to colour code items in the calendar view of Lists based on a a field.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lists in Teams - show Conversation pane on by default

When opening a list item in Teams, it would be great to have the ability for the conversation pane to be visible by default to easily see the current discussion regarding the item.

Today, when opening a list item the conversation pane is hidden by default with no way to set it to default to visible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow multiple people to be assigned to an item in Lists app

Allow multiple people to be assigned to an item in the Lists app. Currently only one user can be assigned to each item, but as a tool we wish to assign multiple users to an item.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lists app on Teams mobile

Please make lists available in Teams on Android and iOS. I cannot see my lists that are added to channels on desktop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Generate a members list

We are building a Teams Champions team and would love to use Ms Lists to generate a list of our members. It would ideally have their name, email, photo and some key points from their Delve profile.

We know the info pane gives some of this information, as does manage team; but we want the champions to work together and form their own community. It would be great to have this info to hand, along with info about their areas of special expertise.

This would be for an internal facing team only. All of this information would be discoverable elsewhere…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Attach multiple files from view/edit form in Microsoft Lists

I'd like to be able to attach multiple files to an existing list item. Right now you can only attach multiple files to an item when you're creating a new item in the new item form. In the view/edit form it lists existing attachments, but there's no obvious way to add more attachments. Maybe I'm missing something.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Addition of a key when using conditional formatting in Lists

The conditional formatting feature in lists is useful but unless you are the one who has set up the formatting or you have a key stored separately, users can't see what the formatting/ colours mean at a glance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add take picture option for Microsoft Lists

We use Surface tablets for auditing and created a list off the Issue Tracker template. There is no easy way to add images to list. Ideally, there would be a take picture option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow the Lists App for all MS 365 accounts. Home and Business

I could really use this app. And I'm already paying a lot of money! Also make it a Stand-alone app!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. can you enable the ability in Lists to modify the drop down without going to sharepoint?

can you enable the ability in Lists to modify the drop down without going to sharepoint?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom categoris for content types

When a list is created from a template it would be useful to be able to add custom content types (there are only 4 currently) e.g. PowerPoint presentation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. List Permissions

Permissions in general need to more granular

Please allow setting item level permissions from the app.

Also permissions for enabling or disabling quick edit and column edit visibility per user

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow us to hide Site header (Suite bar) when adding SharePoint Online lists from “Add a tab” option

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams にて "タブを追加" より SharePoint Online のリストを追加した場合の表示について

Allow us to hide Site header (Suite bar) when adding SharePoint Online lists from “Add a tab” option

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて "タブを追加" より SharePoint Online のリストを追加した場合、サイトのヘッダー (スイート バー) が表示される。
    Microsoft Teams のタブにサイトのヘッダー (スイート バー) が表示されると、画面の縦幅が圧迫され、表示できるリストの行が少なくなってしまい業務効率が低下する。
    Microsoft Teams にて "タブを追加" より SharePoint Online のリストを追加した場合、サイトのヘッダー (スイート バー) を非表示とする設定の追加を希望します。

I would like to have an option to hide Site header (Suite bar) when adding SharePoint Online lists from “Add a tab” option in Microsoft Teams. Once Site header is shown in Microsoft Teams tabs, the height of the screen will…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Channel list

In the Channel List - I would like it to allow me to automatically show MORE lists in the Team Channel - My team uses this for our tenders and it would be helpful if they were able to see all of the Channels automatically - with a Collapse function to minimise viewing space for Teams in general.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base