Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar view in Lists within Teams.

The "Create New View" option shows up in Lists on web, but not when viewing the list in SharePoint or Teams. Once created, the calendar itself can be viewed in Lists and SharePoint, but not in Teams (it shows as a list...not a calendar in Teams). I made a "website" tab in our Teams channel as a workaround that allows us to view the calendar, but if you click on a calendar entry the details view then shows the SharePoint comments instead of our Teams comments about that entry. That's unfortunate. Hoping Lists in Teams gets updated so it can…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Choose your preferred view when adding an existing List to a Teams Channel

When I add an existing List as a Tab to my Teams Channel it can only show the default View. However there are lots of scenario's where my Collegues and I use Lists that contain multiple Views.

I've already tried entering the full URL that includes my custom View, but Lists will then also just show the standard 'All items' View in Teams.

It would be a great feature when people can select which View needs to be shown by default when they add an existing List to a Teams Channel.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create Sharepoint List View from Power Automate

I would like the ability to create a new SP List view from Power Automate. For example: if a new item is added to a list then create a view when necessary. If your list is a list of vendors and someone adds a new one then you could create a view to show you "where vendor=[vendor name]"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Use the most popular apps on the lineup

I see a bunch of useless apps that don't matter to me. And when I need to open Word for example I have to leave Teams and go to the Hub. Just add OneNote, Word, and PowerPoint to the list, as well as Excel and more popular ones

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set a reminder on a Project

I use this for project tracking. It would be great to have the ability to right-click on a project and set an alert with day and time or link it to the task activity in outlook.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add "Comments" for Lists

Add the "Comments" functionality to Teams that is available when using the web service Lists and SharePoint Lists.

Currently in Teams you can use "Conversation" when you have a list item open, but when you send the message, Teams posts the message to the "Channel Posts".

The bummer about this current functionality is lots of the time we are just trying to comments/notes where we do not need these to post to the Channel thread

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import data from Excel into an existing Teams List

Currently, it is possible to create a new custom list from an Excel spreadsheet but it is not possible to import spreadsheet data, to modify or append entries into an existing list. Excel is still the default tool for many to do simple data manipulation and is often used as the standard to export data from (or between) databases.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add option to switch Conversation pane to horizontal view.

The Conversation Pane in Microsoft Lists should have option to display it also in horizontal manner, not only in vertical manner. Conversation Pane positioned vertically is too narrow and causes text to be wrapped and tables to be displayed partially. Not suitable for longer formatted comments or tables or source code.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Supporting both dark and light theme with rich text columns

We have the problem that some colleagues use Teams with the light theme, while others prefer a dark themed app. When it comes to using shared lists with rich text columns there is always the problem that one part of the users is unable to clearly read the text. My preferred solution would be do add an option to allow the use of some markup language, which then get's rendered with a style fitting the overall application theme.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel-Import sollte mit allen Excelformaten funktionieren

Hallo,
    die Importfunktion ist mit vorhandenne Excel-Dateien fast nicht zu machen. Diese müssen überarbeitet werden und teilweise ist es einfacherer erst eine Export-Datei aus List zu generieren und dann die Daten als Text einzufügen. Leider geht damit viel Funktionalität der Ursprungsdatei verloren. Gerade Funktionen in Feldern sind damit erst wieder nachträglich wieder zu erstellen in Lists.
    Hier könnte damit die effiziens und akzeptanz masiv erhöht werden.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Calendar View

Would be nice if the calendar view style worked for Teams Lists. I realize it's probably not working because calendar view types are classic sharepoint but it would be such a cool feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Moving private Microsoft Lists from OneDrive to Sharepoint / Teams

Add function to to move a private Lists from the personal OneDrive Account to Sharepoint / Teams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Microsoft Lists to Microsoft ToDo integration

we are searching for an option to view the assigned Microsoft Lists Tasks also in Microsoft ToDo as centralized used personal list of open points.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. List item comments not linked between SharePoint and MS Teams view

In SharePoint view of List item there was added recently comment option, however it does not correspond to already existing chat function in MS Teams on item level - see attachment.

As effect, there could be two independent conversations going - one in Teams and one in ShP - please link them together.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lists conversation function missing in Teams when using custom PowerApp Form

I'm really excited that we're able to have conversations about a list item. However, something is still missing. Lists in which you use a custom PowerApps Form no longer have the conversations option within Teams.

After configuring a custom PowerApps Form for your list, the function remains within SharePoint Online, but it disappears in Teams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Import Excel file into Microsoft List

Ability to import excel file into Microsoft List

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Attach a document stored in the TEAMS

It's possible to attach a file directly on a list, at least.
    But it's not possible to select a doc stored in the same TEAMS or SHAREPOINT Document library ! Plus the document attached is found anywhere else in the group.....;
    As the real added of Teams is to centralize content and resources for the team, why the Attach file feature is not connected.
    - Allow us to choose where is pick the doc
    - Centralize all documents at the same place

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dependent drop down columns in Lists

Allow easy build of dependent drop down lists in Lists same similar to Excel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add an icon to indicate if there is an attachment in a List item

It would be very helpful to be able to quickly identify List items that include attachments. Where we are using Lists to work action plans and have multiple users assigned to various items, having an icon to indicate attachments would be very helpful for the List owner.

Our workaround is to add a yes/no column title Attachments, but a simple icon would be preferred.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Default rich text field in Lists should be a cleared format

Currently, I have my Teams in dark mode and the text in the rich text field in the Lists app defaults to black so it is difficult to see. It would be good to start with no formats and add any should I decide to.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base