Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RealWear: Unable to Share Screen and continue sharing while using other applications

When using Microsoft Teams for RealWear application on the RealWear HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1 wearables, there is no option to share the screen with the remote support people in a meeting. This is required to help with the support situation, and is required to continue sharing the screen while navigating through other application outside of teams, so remote support can be given on the use of the other applications or to see the data being presented in the other applications (e.g. we have a Thermal Camera application that also runs and will need remote support with this when using Microsoft Teams).…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  RealWear  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. RealWear: Microsoft Teams for RealWear Application Needs better optimisation for Voice Commands

When using Microsoft Teams for RealWear wearables, the navigation and controls lack proper optimisation for a Voice Command (no touch) operating system. This needs significant improvement. In addition but related, the Microsoft Teams for RealWear interface needs simplification to ensure that the screen interface is not overloaded with selection command options (i.e. the Voice Command selection indexing system seems to overload when there is more than about 10-15 selection options on the screen at once, usually see around 8 selection items max).

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  RealWear  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. RealWear: Need whiteboard functionality for Video meetings and presentations

When using Micrsofot Team for RealWear on RealWear HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1 wearables, it would be more useful if a whiteboard session could be started in a meeting allowing for Meeting Attendees to whiteboard ideas on supporting the first responders, including ability to work with a blank whiteboard, photos taken from first responder camera (similar to TeamViewer Pilot functionality) and/or marking up other documents, technical drawings (probably as PDF). Could not post from Login so posted as Anonymous, please contact me through ofigroup.com.au Tenancy for further information if required.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  RealWear  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Zoom functionality of MS Teams on Realwear HMT 1

We are looking for the zooming option while in MS Teams video call on Realwear HMT1Z1. I think it is a must feature if MS want MS Teams to be used on a Realwear device.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. RealWear: Microsoft Teams for RealWear Application Needs Better Hand Off Capability

When using Microsoft Teams for RealWear wearables, the hand-off capability between a PC, iPhone, iPad, Android and the RealWear wearables performs inconsistently and is a feature that significantly values the Teams option above other market sector competitors that do not have this feature. It is a regular occurrence that this has to happen, from initiation, to dynamic integration between field worker / first responder, for technical discussion to close out, this may happen several times, particularly with the field worker, but also with the remote supporters who may need to switch to continue support but also so they can move…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the RealWear camera functionality available in Teams (zoom, exposure, flashlight.)

Make the native RealWear camera functionality available in Teams (zoom, exposure, flashlight.)

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. RealWear: Unable to send files from other Apps through Teams

When using other Apps on the RealWear HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1 wearables, when you try and send a file and choose Teams, as the app to send, nothing happens. Accidentally posted as Anonymous, please contact me through ofigroup.com.au Tenancy for further information if required.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. write and sketch on shared screen during meetings

it would it be ideal for the remote viewer to be able to write on the shared screen to indicate items (circles, line, arrows)
    in this way Teams will really be the preferred solution for all VRG users. thank you!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. H.264 Video Codec encryption and resolution

When RealWear Teams application stream video to a receiver this is done using codec H.264 together with SoftWare encryption.

MediaLineOutboundStreamPayloadVideoSendCodecTypes
    H264 SW

HMT-1 support hardware encoding for H.264
    https://www.realwear.com/knowledge-center/hmt-1/product-overview/specifications/

Video
    Up to 1080p @30fps. Codecs: VP8, VP9 and hardware encoding support for H.264, H.265 HEVC

Can you change so the HMT use HardWare encoding instead of SoftWare encoding for outbound video streams?

Is it also possible to increase the resolution on the outboundsteam?
    As now it is 360x640. The video in HMT support 1080p = 1920x1080 px

MediaLineOutboundStreamPayloadVideoSendResolutionHeight

MediaLineOutboundStreamPayload…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add contacts as favorites that can easily be used to start a call or chat

Possibility to create a list of favorite contact persons that can easily be used to start a call or a chat.

We have thousands of people in our global address book so searching for a contact name is not always easy.

Especially when using Teams on the RealWear device, often there are only a fixed number of people that are contacted.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Realwear - Ability to join an ongoing meeting/call

I want to be able to access a meeting invite via the headset or the ability to join an ongoing call.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hang up function for unanswered calls

When using MS Teams on the RealWear HMT-1 and I make a call to someone that doesn't answer or I call the wrong person there isn't a way to hang up the call.
    I have to power down the device and reboot to get going again.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. realwear

Improve video quality. Compared to ISV peers on realwear, video images especially when moving are very shaky. I do see in this uservoice channel possible causes (switch from software rendering instead of hardware rendering), so good to know that there are areas to improve, however whatever the cause, video quality really has to improve.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Full screen recording of one user

When I am on a call with someone wearing RealWear glasses, I would like to have the recording be full screen of their view and not a split screen with me and them.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More video sharing options

Provide a way for the headset video to be the user's video feed without taking over screen sharing for the entire meeting. This would allow multiple headsets and multiple video streams to be viewed simultaneously. This would also allow headset video to be viewed concurrently with another participant's screen sharing session.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Realwear

We have tried installing Microsoft Teams on Realwear head mount tablet apparently the application unable to display and navigate properly with voice command. Please assist to develop the application suitable for Realwear device usage as this will help in improving the application usage on this kind of smart wear device.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make video stabilization camera functionality available in Teams

Teams videos make viewers motion-sick, allow video stabilization to account for head movements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. sharing cemera sight on Realware with MS teams, and can also check shared monitor from other person.

I just wondering, can the camera and display have different sight. That is, during the video chat, or through a app, that I can share the camera to my teams, and I can see different thing e.g. photo or document etc. from display? Is it possible? Basically, this function should be available already from android system right?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base