Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Video isn't working We couldn't use your webcam for video.

When using the video call feature for meetings, I get the error: "Video isn't working
    We couldn't use your webcam for video." However, my webcam works for other programs. Would like this to be resolved, as I use video conferencing for work often.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

59 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The engineering team continues to actively investigate reports of camera issues.

Some things to try/be aware of:
    1) Resolved: Windows Insider build 19592 had a regression that caused cameras not to work in Teams. As others on this thread have stated, this has been resolved in 19603 – thanks for confirming!

2) Issues on Windows 10: When your camera isn’t working in Windows 10, it might be that the drivers are missing after a recent update. It’s also possible that your anti-virus program is blocking the camera or your privacy settings don’t allow camera access for some apps. This help page has a virtual agent to help resolve those issues: https://support.microsoft.com/help/13753/windows-10-camera-does-not-work

3) Issues on Mac: Many times the issue is that Teams doesn’t have access to the camera. Please see this apple support article to resolve.
    https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/control-access-to-your-camera-on-mac-mchlf6d108da/mac

4) If you are still encountering problems, and are willing to give…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base