Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switching between devices when in meetings

Currently it is very inconvenient to switch devices during a meeting
    ex If on a meeting on mobile cannot join on laptop / tablet etc
    If you can show Active Meetings for the logged in user ( Should not be difficult )
    Then a user can simply click the active meeting on another device and join the call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for all types of Bluetooth headsets

I tried using with Philips and Sony bluetooth headsets, both were not working with Teams. Whereas, I am able to use these headsets with zoom, webex and google meet. Heard that only select BT headsets are working with Teams, Why is there a dependency on the type of headset for a software product?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Optimize Microphone Pick up and sound quality

Optimize the pick up of sound like Skype using B&O

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support Plantronics BlackWire C320-M

In spite of a prior thread and claim that this issue has been resolved, it has not. The Plantronics BlackWire C320-M headset works great with Skype for Business. The physical buttons light and are fully functional.

With the Teams application, however, the buttons do not light and are not functional. It is super annoying to have to find and use the virtual toolbar on the screen when the Plantronics headset has physical buttons. This is especially true when leading a class. To have to move the mouse around just to do a quick mute, is inefficient, to say the least.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. default settings for microphone

There should be a default setting to turn microphone on Mute for all meetings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why I cannot listen access other computer audio during a Teams call?

I need to be able to access and listen to videos on Youtube during a Teams call. Teams seems to take and isolate total control over my audio device and I cannot hear any other system sounds.

I need an option to exit Teams sound "isolation."

This is frustrating as I am on Teams meetings every day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. shortcut key for umuting .. most commonly used

shortcut jey for muting and unmuting --
    specially when there is lot of members in meeting , generally all keep in mute and wan to speak up unmuting should be easy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Choice of Audio

To be able to turn of audio coming from a meeting and have audio playing from somewhere else, like on a different app or website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PowerMic

When I am using a microphone with a "record" button I would reccomend a setting that allows un-muting only when pressing this button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to 'soften' your personal video from your camera.

I'm not sure if this even can be done via Teams but on other video applications, you can 'soften' the video so it's not so bright and detailed….ya know....for those rough mornings. ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. there should be option to stop video sharing of participants with the organiser

many times participant use their camera please make a provision the administrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. See who mutes/removes everyone

People always mute/remove each other in class and I was wondering if there was any way you could see who mutes/removes everybody.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How can Microsoft Team Guests - test audio and video

How can guests test audio and video, regular Teams users can test equipment can guests do that too?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide a setting so that we can choose to always join with mic muted, or unmuted.

Currently whether you join muted or unmuted seems to be based on how many are in the call at a particular time. I'd like to be able to overide this with a simple preference setting so that I always join with the same set-up every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Test my headset

How can I test my headphone without disturbance someone?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. External graphics pad usage with Whiteboard

I need a multi-color graphics pad that I can plug into my computer and then draw within the Teams Whiteboard for brainstorming sessions. Multiple users would be doing the same on the same Whiteboard.
    We need more precision as we will be drawing schematics and other technical items on the Whiteboard.
    I need to be able to save the Whiteboard session as a file so that I can open it in some Office application at a later date and establish a time stamp of the brainstorming ideas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add at least a "max auto volume" value to be used when "auto-adjusting the mic level" to avoid over-amplified and distorted sound !

Far away from state-of-the-art :
    The volume of my voice has limits, technology has limits, tools have limits, and Microsoft Teams is not able to handle them correctly: I just had a Microsoft Teams meeting during which we figured out that people don't have the control over the volume of their voice in this COMMUNICATION TOOL anymore, and sound is getting over-amplified and distorted.
    The minimum requirement - or highest priority - for a COMMUNICATION TOOL should be to avoid just that, by giving people at least a basic possibility of influence.

Additionally 2 things are most annoying – Microsoft…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base