Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Certify Surface Earbuds for Teams

Add Surface Earbuds to certified devices. There is some basic Microsoft 365 functionality and integrating them into Teams should be done. They should be able to answer, hang-up, mute / unmute, etc., using the built-in gestures.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Closed headphone (meaning external sounds are filtered) lacking own voice feedback.

I'm working in an open desk. I have a closed headphone (filtering external sounds which is really appreciated). The problem is since I do not hear my own voice, my colleagues are nervous because I'm speaking too loud. I understand that depending if you have speaker or not you should enable or disable such a feedback (to avoid Larsen Effect). But currently, it is affecting my relationship with my colleagues. Obviously I cannot ask for change on company headphones. Kind Regards,

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Plantronics Audio 628 - Physical controls do not work with Microsoft Teams

When using a Plantronics Audio 628 Headset, the physical controls do not work with Teams.

The mute button on the headset does not mute on the app, and the call indicator does not light up either.

This is a Skype certified device, and worked well with Skype and Skype for Business.

It is also not on the list of devices with known exclusions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/control-calls-using-a-headset-in-teams-65d6e104-444d-4013-b8c2-f11317dd69a8?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 11 PRO Camera

Make teams able to access all 3 of the IPhone 11 Pro camera lenses. Sometimes we want wide angle and sometimes we need a telephoto

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Eye contact through camera iris is key

A 4k Microsoft designed Surface/Teams PC monitor with embedded high quality camera, mic, screen as membrane speaker (Sony TV Type). Set-up is optimized for Video Conferencing but still a top monitor. Camera is fixed behind screen in the center and 1/3 down (Possibly as a separate and up-gradable module, bayonet insert and twist to lock with built in USB mating or short USB cable plugging straight to adjacent USB on monitor). Software algorithm in Teams is optimized to always locate speaker video feeds to be centered between human iris' location or nose bridge over the camera iris. That way video…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add feature to rotate camera image 180 degrees

Using Teams for Desktop. I need to rotate camera image 180 degrees. One of your many competitors Zoom provides option to rotate camera image at 90 degree steps. It works very well. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005859366-Manually-Rotate-Camera
    Please contact Zoom and find out how they have added camera rotate feature and then add to Teams for Desktop. Thank you

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ask to use smartphone camera if no desktop webcam available

These days it's near impossible to find a quality webcam; no availability everywhere. We have more people than ever using Teams, most on desktop computers. And almost everyone has a smartphone with a camera, and Teams running on it.

When joining a video call in Teams on a desktop that doesn't have a webcam, why not offer to use the webcam (and/or headset/audio) from the smartphone over WiFi?

When sharing screens, etc. it's not feasible to use just the smartphone for the Teams video call. And currently if someone decides to attempt this manually, they will show up as 2…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Background noise Remove

Please provide an option to remove the Background noise during the teams call.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Share screen without "stealing" audio from mobile phone

The same headset is connected to mobile phone by Bluetooth and to pc by USB dongle.

This is the problem:
    If you receive or make a normal phone call via mobile and decide to share screen in Teams on the computer, the audio disappears in the mobile phone (is taken over by Teams).
    In Skype for Business this is not the case, there it works perfectly. When will this functionality be in Teams?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove audio feedback while sharing screen

When audio is set to on while sharing a screen, audio feedback happens when the presenter speaks while sharing is still active.

This could easily removed by turning down the mic input of the presenter while the screen share is active.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Visual sound level indicator to help people stop yelling

Problem: In open office settings, more and more people are having Teams meetings in close proximity to each other. There's a tendency for people to raise their voices when they can't hear themselves speak, which results in loud speech / noise issues affecting their colleagues, often unknowingly.
    Proposed Solution: Have a visual indicator to tell the speaker whether their voice is at the right level. Green zone = Optimal Voice Level, Red zone = Too Loud.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Turn off microphone and camera automatically once the screensaver kicks in

• I just got up from a (finished) meeting and started talking to someone in the room.

• I always activate my screensaver when leaving my desk.

• As I forgot to hangup my camera and my microphone were still switched on.

• Another colleague told me via another chat system that he could hear and see my conversation.

I would expect, that MS Teams at least offers an option to turn off video and turn on muting when the screensaver kicks in.

I am on macOS Catalina 10.15.6, MS Teams version is 1.3.00.9271.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for all types of Bluetooth headsets

I tried using with Philips and Sony bluetooth headsets, both were not working with Teams. Whereas, I am able to use these headsets with zoom, webex and google meet. Heard that only select BT headsets are working with Teams, Why is there a dependency on the type of headset for a software product?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video & audio check before starting a meeting

There should be an option to check our video & audio quality before we start the meeting.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Echo prevention

Auto mute one device if there is an echo detected. Popup message telling the user the device was muted to prevent echo.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Some updated version still donot have change background access

Change of background or making a blur background icon doenot exist even after updating Message says:

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.8663 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/17/20.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams: Support external soundcards

From suport request 19417427.

My external usb soundcard (Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD) shows up in the sound settings in Teams, but the sound input will not work, although it shows an input level in the windows settings.

As I would like to use a studio microphone rather than the one built into my laptop, it would be nice for it to work.

Sidenote: the same device is recognized and works in the web application of MS Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. take a photo

Basic chat functionality.
    Add a picture/take a photo or screenshot (ideally with clipping stage)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Voice testing

I'd like to be able to call a service that reflects my voice back at me so that I know it's working.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base