Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Bluetooth Headphone volume work properly

Since 2017 people have been asking for Bluetooth Headphones volume controls to work properly. 25 days ago a question was raised about this on Reddit. It’s 2010, so for 1000 days you have done nothing about this. Is that about right?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If i block camera the screen turns black. Why?

If i block the camera screen turns black. Why? And can you fix it??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. direct monitoring for headsets

If you use closed headphones and dedicated mic, you might want to hear yourself. This way you would get feedback while and how you talk in order to properly regulate your own voice and volume.

So it would be great to have a feature that takes the input signal from the mic and sends it straight to the headphone. Additionally, it would be great to control loudness of this feedback loop relative to the mic volume, e.g. a slider default on 0, +6db on max and -6db on min.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support multiple input with external soundcard

When using eksternal usb soundcards, Teams detects only the first channel on the sondcard. It would be great if i could use in any case the two first channels for sending audio.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Jabra headset launches Skype for Business on call button, would like it to launch MSTeams.

Skype for Business Launches by default when pressing call on Jabra headset. Can I change it to MS Teams?
    Also muting the headset doesn't change the mute icon in MSTeams, add confusion during formal meetings. Can you update the mute function to also change the mute icon from headset control?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. phone audio controls on computer

When I do Microsoft Teams meetings, I join on my computer, then route the audio through a phone call. I would like to mute/unmute myself from my computer instead of having to dial *6 every time I want to talk.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Zu langsam

Teams wird viel unter Unternehmer verwendet. Firmen sparen wo es nur geht, und die Firmenhandy sind dementsprechend sehr spärlich ausgestattet. So wie Teams jetzt ist funktioniert nur gut in Mittelklasse oder Highend Geräte, aber nicht in Firmenhandy. Bitte kleiner, effizienter, schneller, agiler machen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. during a meeting i hit on camera button to turn on, the camera light goes on but no picture of me shows on screen for me or any other guy in

during a meeting i hit on camera button to turn on, the camera light goes on but no picture of me shows on screen for me or any other guy in

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HAVE TO USE ZOOM, WEBEX OR GOTOMEETING FOR FULL CAMERA SUPPORT

Zoom, Webex and GoToMeeing all work with camcorders and dslr cameras when using video capture cards (e.g. Elgato and Avermedia) without setting up a virtual camera as with the case with Microsoft Teams. These cameras provide better video quality when leading meetings and Webinars...better than regular Webcams. Now that we are all working from home offices we are less likely to use Microsoft Teams. We currently use Office 365 for business and use non-Microsoft software for meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow phone call forwarding to switch between phone (bluetooth) and computer depending on away or available status.

Allow phone call forwarding to switch between phone (bluetooth) and computer depending on away or available status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Work with Bluetooth headphones with mic devices on Android. Who wants to carry a phone orndeci e when engaged in a call.

Work with Bluetooth headphones with mic devices on Android. Who wants to carry a phone orndeci e when engaged in a call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Connect or disconnect my Beats Studio3 Wireless Headset Plays Incoming Call Sound

I have 2018 MacBook Pro 15. Latest macOS Mojave. Sometimes when I connect or disconnect my Beats Studio3 Wireless headphones Teams plays the "incoming call" sound but there is no incoming call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notify of Unsupported Devices

Teams should notify users when they're using unsupported devices, ie. headphones or cameras. Ideally if should give direction to the user on where to go to find supported devices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Logitech H540 works with S4b but mic not working in teams

The speakers (earphones) are working but the microphone is not transmitting sound. When up down volume is pressed, there is a crackling sound but that's it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Audio and Video device controls need to be front and centre

This has to be the worst thing about web conferencing & calling apps.

Whenever we start a meeting people are fumbling around switching from headset to built-in Mic or camera or speakers or then to the one on the headphone jack etc. and it wastes lots of time for lots of people.

Why are these settings hidden under multiple clicks?

When you join a meeting the options for which devices you are using need to be in your face, front and centre, with quick, easy one click choices to switch to another device or 'environment'.

Having environment based quick selections…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to be able to see my live mic audio levels when looking at devices to be able to do a quick mic test at a glance

Currently, it seems like the only way to test my audio is to make a test call. I'd rather be able to see some form of live feedback of what the mic is picking up when in the devices tab in order to do a quick device check

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Camera costume filter - wear a shirt

I love working shirtless from home .. Camera meetings require me to dress, only if there was a filter that dresses me in a different shirt every meeting..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We can deafen individuals without them knowing.

Because we can't have multiple people speaking

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add VR Support

Add support for devices like the Oculus quest for more immersive meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base