Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. default settings for microphone

There should be a default setting to turn microphone on Mute for all meetings

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Certify Surface Earbuds for Teams

Add Surface Earbuds to certified devices. There is some basic Microsoft 365 functionality and integrating them into Teams should be done. They should be able to answer, hang-up, mute / unmute, etc., using the built-in gestures.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio strictly on phone/ present via computer

I'd like to conduct a meeting by using my phone for audio only(Airpods) and navigate the meeting/screen share from my laptop.

I've tried multiple ways and everytime I get echoing from my laptop. An "Audio only" option from the smart phone and a "visual only" from laptop would be ideal.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow custom volume for phone calls. Skype lets you do this.

When calling from your computer, there are multiple devices providing sound to your headphones, so being able to individually turn up/down the volume of the call without changing the computer's volume is useful.

A use case, when I'm on hold for 20 minutes, I turn the volume of the call down while listening to music or something else on my PC.

Skype allows this.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add option Communication Audio Devices to the Audio Device dropdown menu

Currently Teams' audio device configuration does not match the setting of the Communication Device for microphone and speakers. This is a desirable feature to isolate the configuration from changes in the devices connected to the PC.
    However there are usecases there a change to the audio input/output devices should follow the global Communication Device on Windows.
    Like using a standard headset for normal calls and a streaming software like OBS for lectures, conferences or presentations.
    Currently one needs to manually change the devices every time the usecase changes. The change in the Communication Device can be automated, for example using…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mute microphone by default when joining a meeting - PLEASE

Unbelievable that Microsoft has STILL not resolved this one! Just check the threads ... this topic has literally been going on for YEARS!!! What's the hold up??? Simple request: either default to mute upon join or allow the user to set the default to mute upon join.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share screen without "stealing" audio from mobile phone

The same headset is connected to mobile phone by Bluetooth and to pc by USB dongle.

This is the problem:
    If you receive or make a normal phone call via mobile and decide to share screen in Teams on the computer, the audio disappears in the mobile phone (is taken over by Teams).
    In Skype for Business this is not the case, there it works perfectly. When will this functionality be in Teams?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Visual sound level indicator to help people stop yelling

Problem: In open office settings, more and more people are having Teams meetings in close proximity to each other. There's a tendency for people to raise their voices when they can't hear themselves speak, which results in loud speech / noise issues affecting their colleagues, often unknowingly.
    Proposed Solution: Have a visual indicator to tell the speaker whether their voice is at the right level. Green zone = Optimal Voice Level, Red zone = Too Loud.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prompt to switch to bluetooth audio device when in range

Please prompt before changing audio devices during an active call. Current behavior is that Teams automatically switches without any feedback to user when a BT headset comes in range.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Echo prevention

Auto mute one device if there is an echo detected. Popup message telling the user the device was muted to prevent echo.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Plantronics Audio 628 - Physical controls do not work with Microsoft Teams

When using a Plantronics Audio 628 Headset, the physical controls do not work with Teams.

The mute button on the headset does not mute on the app, and the call indicator does not light up either.

This is a Skype certified device, and worked well with Skype and Skype for Business.

It is also not on the list of devices with known exclusions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/control-calls-using-a-headset-in-teams-65d6e104-444d-4013-b8c2-f11317dd69a8?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. take a photo

Basic chat functionality.
    Add a picture/take a photo or screenshot (ideally with clipping stage)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add feature to rotate camera image 180 degrees

Using Teams for Desktop. I need to rotate camera image 180 degrees. One of your many competitors Zoom provides option to rotate camera image at 90 degree steps. It works very well. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005859366-Manually-Rotate-Camera
    Please contact Zoom and find out how they have added camera rotate feature and then add to Teams for Desktop. Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Headset Call Controls sync within Teams in MAC

Currently the Headset call constrols doesnt reflect the status in the Teams client and vice versa, we would like Headset call controls works same as it works in Windows, to be in sync both the Teams client and headset.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Must have Advance camera setup option (Like zoom app)

In team there is no option for advance camera setup and due to that we can not change camera option like HD or change frame rate or angle. As I am using both zoom and team, but in live video I have observe video quality issue in team compare to zoom app . so please focus on that.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Voice input sensi

Microsoft should add voice input sensitivity

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When head set is plugged-in all the notification sounds are diverted to headphone speakers, provied us an option to have sound

Whenever head set is plugged-in all the notification sounds are diverted to headphone speakers, provide us an option to have sound on both laptop speaker and headset at time for call and chat notifications. I am expecting something similar to mobile and earphones

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support for all types of Bluetooth headsets

I tried using with Philips and Sony bluetooth headsets, both were not working with Teams. Whereas, I am able to use these headsets with zoom, webex and google meet. Heard that only select BT headsets are working with Teams, Why is there a dependency on the type of headset for a software product?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base