Public

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft Teams - Wrong Camera Presented - No Way to set Default Camera with Anonymous Join, No Default Settings

How do I effectively get Teams to open a meeting with the Correct Video Device?

Teams appears to be willing to grab just about any USB UVC device it sees as a camera and picks whatever is first in its list.

In this case it is starting meeting presenting an HDMI capture device rather than the Camera.
    I have 3 "cameras" (USB UVC) devices in a meeting room

• A Logitech Screen Share HDMI Capture Device ( USB UVC ) used to integrate a secondary video feed

• A Logitech Rally Camera

• A second HDMI Capture Device used for conference table video…
    12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. viewing more than 4 video cam in the screen in the meeting at the same time.

viewing more than 4 video cam in the screen in the meeting at the same time.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Respect system settings for audio in/out in video calls

When system settings are set to f ex use a bluetooth headset or other device as audio in and out on my Mac, a new Teams video meeting will still be set to use the built-in mic/speaker per default, and a manual reset to the preferred device is required. This is totally unintuitive, and new video chats should respect system settings.
    Since I might be using different headsets/mics/whatever at different locations, remembering which devices I used previously does not fully remedy this problem (although it mitigates it).

Basically I would like an option to set my audio preferences to system…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Secondary ringer" also working for "chat notifications"

"Secondary ringer" currently only works for Calls, make it also work for "chat notifications".

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft HK Invoke as Microphone and Speaker for Teams Meetings and Calls

I would like to see Bluetooth or Wifi integration to utilize the Harmon Kardon Invoke as my conference phone for Teams meetings and calls. I can pair it as my Bluetooth audio out, but there is no option for it to be recognized as the microphone. This would also allow my local, in office team to jump on a meeting as one user, when conferencing with remote team members.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Audio Devices "custom setup" selections to be saved

It would be great to be able to save selections made under "custom setup" and have that as a choice in the "Audio devices" drop down. Such as choosing a Logitech camera's mic and external speakers and naming that "Speaker Phone." Those saved profiles would need to survive when one of those custom selections isn't currently available, such as when a laptop is not connected to a docking station, by either temporarily dropping off the list or being a grayed out option until they are reconnected.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. use default computer audio settings as an option

there should be an option to use the computer's default audio configuration in Teams. Everytime I want to change my sound output I have to change it in my OS settings and also change it in Teams which is a huge hassle. There should be an audio setup option to use the OS's configuration. Other programs like Zoom already do this.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why can't you preview your camera view before you turn it on?

You should be able to check your view before going live with your camera in the meeting

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Flip the local view but does not change the remote site view.

Please let the microsoft teams has the option to have the local image filpped, and does not change the customer's review.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multiple backgrounds for multiple cameras

If I have multiple cameras, it would make sense to have a different custom background for each one, rather than applying the same background or background effect as I switch cameras.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve ability to transition to Bluetooth headset

Teams desktop version is not very adroit at switching changes in speaker/microphone input/output. Use case:

1. Teams desktop is open, and I have a bluetooth headset device (Apple AirPods for me) which is paired with my computer, but not currently activated

2. A phone call or meeting is started

3. I activate my bluetooth headset on my computer

EXPECTED: the audio will work on my bluetooth device, or if it isn't, there is an interface in Teams for choosing which device to route audio to
    ACTUAL: The audio has not transitioned to the bluetooth device. There is no interface in Teams for routing…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Filters

Add camera effects to the face, or so-called filters. Such as clear skin and make-up.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can you create a "beauty face" setting for faces?

Can you create a "beauty face" setting for faces?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. direct monitoring for headsets

If you use closed headphones and dedicated mic, you might want to hear yourself. This way you would get feedback while and how you talk in order to properly regulate your own voice and volume.

So it would be great to have a feature that takes the input signal from the mic and sends it straight to the headphone. Additionally, it would be great to control loudness of this feedback loop relative to the mic volume, e.g. a slider default on 0, +6db on max and -6db on min.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. phone audio controls on computer

When I do Microsoft Teams meetings, I join on my computer, then route the audio through a phone call. I would like to mute/unmute myself from my computer instead of having to dial *6 every time I want to talk.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have control over what webcams appear on screen.

Currently, our group cannot control which webcams appear on screen during a virtual call.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding JBL TUNE500BT to the list of supported devices

Teams are not compatible with the JBL TUNE500BT. please add JBL BT500 to the list of supported devices.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use phone / companion device as webcam

Via the companion device feature, I have been using my phone as a webcam. I do this by joining a teams call on my desktop with audio but no video, then joining the same call using my device with video but no audio and speaker switched off. This works well but it is annoying to set up.

It would be much more convenient if you could set up your phone as a webcam before joining the call, so that once you join on your desktop it would automatically join on your device with video on and audio/speaker off (or whatever…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. default settings for microphone

There should be a default setting to turn microphone on Mute for all meetings

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base