Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to join a video call/ Chat from multiple devices just like you can do within a Teams Meeting.

The ability to join a Teams Meeting from multiple devices is incredible. It allows the user to define their audio and video by device. Cool! This functionality however cannot be done from within a general video call/ Teams Chat. Please change this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. take a photo

Basic chat functionality.
    Add a picture/take a photo or screenshot (ideally with clipping stage)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft teams client for smart TVs (Tizen, webOS, Android TV, etc)

Now that we are all working from home due to COVID-19, I'd like to be able to run the Microsoft Teams app natively on my smart TV (Tizen OS) so I can connect an HD camera to the TV via USB and take video calls from my living room. I want to be able to do this without having to hook up my computer to my TV. At minimum be able to cast to my TV via Chromecast or similar platform.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Voice testing

I'd like to be able to call a service that reflects my voice back at me so that I know it's working.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microsoft HK Invoke as Microphone and Speaker for Teams Meetings and Calls

I would like to see Bluetooth or Wifi integration to utilize the Harmon Kardon Invoke as my conference phone for Teams meetings and calls. I can pair it as my Bluetooth audio out, but there is no option for it to be recognized as the microphone. This would also allow my local, in office team to jump on a meeting as one user, when conferencing with remote team members.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create virtual backgrounds not only for Teams meetings but also for group chats. Why isn't virtual background implemented in group chat?

Create virtual backgrounds not only for Teams meetings but also for group chats.
    Why isn't virtual background implemented in group chat?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don’t turn off the camera on iPad in split screen

When an iPad is used in split screen with Teams being one of the Apps, the camera turns off. It would be useful to allow iPad users to participate with video in a Teams call and have a second app open on the iPad for reference material at the same time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can you create a "beauty face" setting for faces?

Can you create a "beauty face" setting for faces?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Back Ground Options

Allow the option of changing your background

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams: Support external soundcards

From suport request 19417427.

My external usb soundcard (Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD) shows up in the sound settings in Teams, but the sound input will not work, although it shows an input level in the windows settings.

As I would like to use a studio microphone rather than the one built into my laptop, it would be nice for it to work.

Sidenote: the same device is recognized and works in the web application of MS Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Direct Edit in Assignments to give feedback to students

When using Assignments as a teacher I would like to be able to use my electronic pen directly in the students files, to give feedback with handwritten text and small drawings etc. Is this possible now - with me not having discovered the option - or will it be a feature in the future?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support automated detection of certified UC (MS LYNC) audio and camera devices

If one plugs in a MS Teams certified UC device, either by Bluetooth or USB and USB dongle, please support the automated switching to that device. Also like in Teams, display that a "Certified device" is being use, e.g Jabra, Plantronics etc..
    The detection should not require a restart, also in the settings dialog, we should see a list of devices that were pluged in, so preference can be givien, that way then one does plug in or pair the device while launching a call we don't have to restart teams,

This feature should support both MS Lync devices and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support for integrated microphone integrated with phone

I got an earphone that has an integrated mic and MS Teams does not uses it mic, but I still can use it on other apps. Please, fix this issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Attendance Teams using virtual glass or hololens

Microsoft should integrate the Hololens or any virtual glass with ms teams to provide immersion. I realize that many people that is attending meeting is doing other things causing distraction. Students could be more focused attending class by home.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Switching between devices when in meetings

Currently it is very inconvenient to switch devices during a meeting
    ex If on a meeting on mobile cannot join on laptop / tablet etc
    If you can show Active Meetings for the logged in user ( Should not be difficult )
    Then a user can simply click the active meeting on another device and join the call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why can't you preview your camera view before you turn it on?

You should be able to check your view before going live with your camera in the meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Video & audio check before starting a meeting

There should be an option to check our video & audio quality before we start the meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ビデオ会議の画面解像度を調整するような設定が欲しい

長時間の会議の際、動作が重くなるため画面の解像度を調整するような機能が欲しい。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base