Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why can't you preview your camera view before you turn it on?

You should be able to check your view before going live with your camera in the meeting

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Flip the local view but does not change the remote site view.

Please let the microsoft teams has the option to have the local image filpped, and does not change the customer's review.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Camera Lighting Settings

Could you introduce preset lighting settings so that video displays better in different lighting environments?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have control over what webcams appear on screen.

Currently, our group cannot control which webcams appear on screen during a virtual call.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microsoft HK Invoke as Microphone and Speaker for Teams Meetings and Calls

I would like to see Bluetooth or Wifi integration to utilize the Harmon Kardon Invoke as my conference phone for Teams meetings and calls. I can pair it as my Bluetooth audio out, but there is no option for it to be recognized as the microphone. This would also allow my local, in office team to jump on a meeting as one user, when conferencing with remote team members.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Audio Devices "custom setup" selections to be saved

It would be great to be able to save selections made under "custom setup" and have that as a choice in the "Audio devices" drop down. Such as choosing a Logitech camera's mic and external speakers and naming that "Speaker Phone." Those saved profiles would need to survive when one of those custom selections isn't currently available, such as when a laptop is not connected to a docking station, by either temporarily dropping off the list or being a grayed out option until they are reconnected.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft Teams - Wrong Camera Presented - No Way to set Default Camera with Anonymous Join, No Default Settings

How do I effectively get Teams to open a meeting with the Correct Video Device?

Teams appears to be willing to grab just about any USB UVC device it sees as a camera and picks whatever is first in its list.

In this case it is starting meeting presenting an HDMI capture device rather than the Camera.
    I have 3 "cameras" (USB UVC) devices in a meeting room

• A Logitech Screen Share HDMI Capture Device ( USB UVC ) used to integrate a secondary video feed

• A Logitech Rally Camera

• A second HDMI Capture Device used for conference table video…
    8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow custom volume for phone calls. Skype lets you do this.

When calling from your computer, there are multiple devices providing sound to your headphones, so being able to individually turn up/down the volume of the call without changing the computer's volume is useful.

A use case, when I'm on hold for 20 minutes, I turn the volume of the call down while listening to music or something else on my PC.

Skype allows this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. default settings for microphone

There should be a default setting to turn microphone on Mute for all meetings

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create virtual backgrounds not only for Teams meetings but also for group chats. Why isn't virtual background implemented in group chat?

Create virtual backgrounds not only for Teams meetings but also for group chats.
    Why isn't virtual background implemented in group chat?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Prompt to switch to bluetooth audio device when in range

Please prompt before changing audio devices during an active call. Current behavior is that Teams automatically switches without any feedback to user when a BT headset comes in range.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can you create a "beauty face" setting for faces?

Can you create a "beauty face" setting for faces?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple backgrounds for multiple cameras

If I have multiple cameras, it would make sense to have a different custom background for each one, rather than applying the same background or background effect as I switch cameras.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. phone audio controls on computer

When I do Microsoft Teams meetings, I join on my computer, then route the audio through a phone call. I would like to mute/unmute myself from my computer instead of having to dial *6 every time I want to talk.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Audio strictly on phone/ present via computer

I'd like to conduct a meeting by using my phone for audio only(Airpods) and navigate the meeting/screen share from my laptop.

I've tried multiple ways and everytime I get echoing from my laptop. An "Audio only" option from the smart phone and a "visual only" from laptop would be ideal.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Headset Call Controls sync within Teams in MAC

Currently the Headset call constrols doesnt reflect the status in the Teams client and vice versa, we would like Headset call controls works same as it works in Windows, to be in sync both the Teams client and headset.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Voice input sensi

Microsoft should add voice input sensitivity

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Issues with Bluetooth JBL device

I bought a good new JBL device. It works very well with everything I did until now - except with Microsoft Teams desktop app (does work well with MS Teams web). I have already searched a lot in the internet, tried several solutions posted in many forums but has not managed to have this solved. And I noticed many people with same issue, so I suggest you take a look at it.

Here is the link for a post I made in Microsoft Community, and replies I had: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteamstfb-msteamsmeeting-msteams_audio/wireless-headphones-jbl-bt500-not-working-well/17a9be1a-d7c9-432d-8398-a05c87f50b60?messageId=5fde4faf-a96b-4c55-81ee-7b6a24f7680d

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ビデオ会議の画面解像度を調整するような設定が欲しい

長時間の会議の際、動作が重くなるため画面の解像度を調整するような機能が欲しい。

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base