Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can you fix the conference call feature that it supports 3rd party conference speakers (like jabra) mute, volume and end buttons.

Can you fix the conference call feature that it supports 3rd party conference speakers (like jabra) mute, volume and end buttons.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow toggling noise filtering or allowing original sound

I'd like to be able to switch off noise filtering if I need to do so. I am a music therapist using this service, and often my guitar sounds/percussion/other instruments are all cut out due to noise filtering. There is no ability to adjust or customise audio.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you please add support for capture cards to integrate external professional video sources to Teams?

I recently attempted to integrate a multi-camera broadcast quality video switching system into a Teams meeting using a Blackmagic design DeckLink video capture card. The card offered both HDSDI video and HDMI video inputs but as I subsequently found out from customer support, only USB webcam type devices are currently supported by Teams There are many such devices out there for capturing professional video sources into computer systems and it would be nice if Teams supported these devices instead of just USB devices like webcams. Having the ability to integrate a system like this into the meeting host system would…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make sure that teams works with Jabra Speakerphone Answer and Hangup Keys

I have a PH5001U Jabra Speaker Puck. The answer and hangup keys to not answer teams calls or hang them up correctly

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Turn down headphone volume. My headphones are at setting 1 at it is blarring in MS Teams.

Other programs have a setting to adjust volume for that program. My headphones are at 1 and it is blaring. Headphones work for other programs, but blast my ears in MS Teams.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a "Test Audio/Video" feature

Need to be able to verify that audio and video is working BEFORE a meeting, so that we don't find out DURING meeting that we can't see or hear anything.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support Plantronics BlackWire C320-M

In spite of a prior thread and claim that this issue has been resolved, it has not. The Plantronics BlackWire C320-M headset works great with Skype for Business. The physical buttons light and are fully functional.

With the Teams application, however, the buttons do not light and are not functional. It is super annoying to have to find and use the virtual toolbar on the screen when the Plantronics headset has physical buttons. This is especially true when leading a class. To have to move the mouse around just to do a quick mute, is inefficient, to say the least.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. viewing more than 4 video cam in the screen in the meeting at the same time.

viewing more than 4 video cam in the screen in the meeting at the same time.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Respect system settings for audio in/out in video calls

When system settings are set to f ex use a bluetooth headset or other device as audio in and out on my Mac, a new Teams video meeting will still be set to use the built-in mic/speaker per default, and a manual reset to the preferred device is required. This is totally unintuitive, and new video chats should respect system settings.
    Since I might be using different headsets/mics/whatever at different locations, remembering which devices I used previously does not fully remedy this problem (although it mitigates it).

Basically I would like an option to set my audio preferences to system…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Video camera stops working with error

Continually my Logitech BRIO works for a while in Teams and then I get an error that the camera stopped working and that I should plug it in again. It happens after about 5 minutes or so. However, when I use other video conferencing apps (like GotoMeeting), I can use the camera for hours, no issues ever. Teams, every single time, it fails. Ideas? If it was happening in all apps, I'd suspect my camera or USB, but since other apps work wonderfully, I suspect it is something with Teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. we need more certified Bluetooth device

I brought the Noise Cancelling Sony WH-CH710N over the ear for the comfort, to use it in teams and listen to music during work (8hrs a day). I cant just return them now to get a credit towards a purchase of a much more expensive headset like the Bose and the EPOS ADAPT.... How does the bluetooth headset that I have get certified by Microsoft?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make a feature that can fit background in meeting on android phone

Make a feature that we can set our wish background in meeting on android phone on Microsoft teams.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable students from viewing other students' cameras

For privacy reasons, only teachers need to be able to view students' cameras at all times. It is imperative that faculty have control over when students can and cannot view other students (similar to BBB).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. offer 'camera preview' before calling someone. webex offers this feature

offer 'camera preview' before calling someone. webex offers this feature

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. camera

For camera meetings a user selected picture as backgrund instead of blur would be good. Company logo, your favorite holiday picture....

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Secondary ringer" also working for "chat notifications"

"Secondary ringer" currently only works for Calls, make it also work for "chat notifications".

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Feature to rotate camera view

Zoom has a feature that rotates the camera view. I have an older laptop and the camera was installed upside down, with the driver written to correct the orientation. The driver was updated for Win8 but not for Win10. I'm stuck with upside down- my go to program is Zoom for this reason. I hate screwing around with extra peripherals- cords- webcams (which are difficult to get right now anyway). Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable camera autofocus

It would be great if the camera autofocus could be turned off in a video call (sometimes I want to show a paper or whiteboard I work on, and the frequent refocusing is very disturbing for the others in the meeting). On my tablet I can turn autofocus off when just making a video by tapping for 2-3 seconds on a point of the picture (in the built-in app, not Teams), but inside Teams the local menu which allows this option is not available, only Teams' own local menu.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve ability to transition to Bluetooth headset

Teams desktop version is not very adroit at switching changes in speaker/microphone input/output. Use case:

1. Teams desktop is open, and I have a bluetooth headset device (Apple AirPods for me) which is paired with my computer, but not currently activated

2. A phone call or meeting is started

3. I activate my bluetooth headset on my computer

EXPECTED: the audio will work on my bluetooth device, or if it isn't, there is an interface in Teams for choosing which device to route audio to
    ACTUAL: The audio has not transitioned to the bluetooth device. There is no interface in Teams for routing…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Button to test your video without having a meeting or call to join

Button to test your video without having a meeting or call to join

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base