Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sound level compression within Teams is now far to aggressive.

When I started using Teams the sound was relaxed and of higher quality than Skype. But now Teams compress the microphone sound to the most extreme, making it very aggressive and unpleasant to listen to. This is regardless of device used. I want the voice nuances back. Today we get smacked in the face with hard compressed voices all day long. It also creates problems for AEC on most devices, generating artifacts and scratching effects. Our Skype Room Systems also suffer from this. Please turn down the compression level again. Please.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to adjust camera settings without an active call in progress

Allow users to adjust camera settings without an active call in progress.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple backgrounds for multiple cameras

If I have multiple cameras, it would make sense to have a different custom background for each one, rather than applying the same background or background effect as I switch cameras.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Closed headphone (meaning external sounds are filtered) lacking own voice feedback.

I'm working in an open desk. I have a closed headphone (filtering external sounds which is really appreciated). The problem is since I do not hear my own voice, my colleagues are nervous because I'm speaking too loud. I understand that depending if you have speaker or not you should enable or disable such a feedback (to avoid Larsen Effect). But currently, it is affecting my relationship with my colleagues. Obviously I cannot ask for change on company headphones. Kind Regards,

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allow camera selection on android (front/back; external webcam if connected from chromebooks)

allow camera selection on android (front/back; external webcam if connected from chromebooks), for app, maybe browser mode if possible

Android (especially chromebook) can support multiple cameras, and the chromebook camera app allows external webcams to be selected but apps like teams/skype assume that you will always use the front camera of the phone or the built in webcam of a chromebook (not always very high res). Would like ability to connect a better webcam (upto 1080x 60fps) to android device and use that instead

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enhance camera appearance

Zoom has a feature to enhance camera appearance (soft focus on face) and to change the background with no green screen. I would switch over to Teams exclusively if you have those features. :-}

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Video camera stops working with error

Continually my Logitech BRIO works for a while in Teams and then I get an error that the camera stopped working and that I should plug it in again. It happens after about 5 minutes or so. However, when I use other video conferencing apps (like GotoMeeting), I can use the camera for hours, no issues ever. Teams, every single time, it fails. Ideas? If it was happening in all apps, I'd suspect my camera or USB, but since other apps work wonderfully, I suspect it is something with Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Prompt to switch to bluetooth audio device when in range

Please prompt before changing audio devices during an active call. Current behavior is that Teams automatically switches without any feedback to user when a BT headset comes in range.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Certify Surface Earbuds for Teams

Add Surface Earbuds to certified devices. There is some basic Microsoft 365 functionality and integrating them into Teams should be done. They should be able to answer, hang-up, mute / unmute, etc., using the built-in gestures.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. offer 'camera preview' before calling someone. webex offers this feature

offer 'camera preview' before calling someone. webex offers this feature

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a "Test Audio/Video" feature

Need to be able to verify that audio and video is working BEFORE a meeting, so that we don't find out DURING meeting that we can't see or hear anything.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add feature to disable audio-enhancing features and echo cancellation (original sound)

Some USB devices (especially speakerphones) has their own echo cancelling, AGC (automatic gain control) and noise reduction features and these might cause issues with similar features used in Teams.

Zoom has a feature called "original audio" which disables the audio-enhancing features in Zoom.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Enabling-option-to-preserve-original-sound

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Feature to rotate camera view

Zoom has a feature that rotates the camera view. I have an older laptop and the camera was installed upside down, with the driver written to correct the orientation. The driver was updated for Win8 but not for Win10. I'm stuck with upside down- my go to program is Zoom for this reason. I hate screwing around with extra peripherals- cords- webcams (which are difficult to get right now anyway). Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can you please add support for capture cards to integrate external professional video sources to Teams?

I recently attempted to integrate a multi-camera broadcast quality video switching system into a Teams meeting using a Blackmagic design DeckLink video capture card. The card offered both HDSDI video and HDMI video inputs but as I subsequently found out from customer support, only USB webcam type devices are currently supported by Teams There are many such devices out there for capturing professional video sources into computer systems and it would be nice if Teams supported these devices instead of just USB devices like webcams. Having the ability to integrate a system like this into the meeting host system would…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 11 PRO Camera

Make teams able to access all 3 of the IPhone 11 Pro camera lenses. Sometimes we want wide angle and sometimes we need a telephoto

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Some updated version still donot have change background access

Change of background or making a blur background icon doenot exist even after updating Message says:

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.8663 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/17/20.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio strictly on phone/ present via computer

I'd like to conduct a meeting by using my phone for audio only(Airpods) and navigate the meeting/screen share from my laptop.

I've tried multiple ways and everytime I get echoing from my laptop. An "Audio only" option from the smart phone and a "visual only" from laptop would be ideal.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Eye contact through camera iris is key

A 4k Microsoft designed Surface/Teams PC monitor with embedded high quality camera, mic, screen as membrane speaker (Sony TV Type). Set-up is optimized for Video Conferencing but still a top monitor. Camera is fixed behind screen in the center and 1/3 down (Possibly as a separate and up-gradable module, bayonet insert and twist to lock with built in USB mating or short USB cable plugging straight to adjacent USB on monitor). Software algorithm in Teams is optimized to always locate speaker video feeds to be centered between human iris' location or nose bridge over the camera iris. That way video…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base