Public

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to adjust camera settings without an active call in progress

Allow users to adjust camera settings without an active call in progress.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you please add support for capture cards to integrate external professional video sources to Teams?

I recently attempted to integrate a multi-camera broadcast quality video switching system into a Teams meeting using a Blackmagic design DeckLink video capture card. The card offered both HDSDI video and HDMI video inputs but as I subsequently found out from customer support, only USB webcam type devices are currently supported by Teams There are many such devices out there for capturing professional video sources into computer systems and it would be nice if Teams supported these devices instead of just USB devices like webcams. Having the ability to integrate a system like this into the meeting host system would…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow toggling noise filtering or allowing original sound

I'd like to be able to switch off noise filtering if I need to do so. I am a music therapist using this service, and often my guitar sounds/percussion/other instruments are all cut out due to noise filtering. There is no ability to adjust or customise audio.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a "Test Audio/Video" feature

Need to be able to verify that audio and video is working BEFORE a meeting, so that we don't find out DURING meeting that we can't see or hear anything.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disable camera autofocus

It would be great if the camera autofocus could be turned off in a video call (sometimes I want to show a paper or whiteboard I work on, and the frequent refocusing is very disturbing for the others in the meeting). On my tablet I can turn autofocus off when just making a video by tapping for 2-3 seconds on a point of the picture (in the built-in app, not Teams), but inside Teams the local menu which allows this option is not available, only Teams' own local menu.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Video camera stops working with error

Continually my Logitech BRIO works for a while in Teams and then I get an error that the camera stopped working and that I should plug it in again. It happens after about 5 minutes or so. However, when I use other video conferencing apps (like GotoMeeting), I can use the camera for hours, no issues ever. Teams, every single time, it fails. Ideas? If it was happening in all apps, I'd suspect my camera or USB, but since other apps work wonderfully, I suspect it is something with Teams.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. offer 'camera preview' before calling someone. webex offers this feature

offer 'camera preview' before calling someone. webex offers this feature

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. android bluetooth

After terminating a phone call, Teams should release the Bluetooth audio device so that media players are able to resume playback.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support Plantronics BlackWire C320-M

In spite of a prior thread and claim that this issue has been resolved, it has not. The Plantronics BlackWire C320-M headset works great with Skype for Business. The physical buttons light and are fully functional.

With the Teams application, however, the buttons do not light and are not functional. It is super annoying to have to find and use the virtual toolbar on the screen when the Plantronics headset has physical buttons. This is especially true when leading a class. To have to move the mouse around just to do a quick mute, is inefficient, to say the least.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ビデオ会議の画面解像度を調整するような設定が欲しい

長時間の会議の際、動作が重くなるため画面の解像度を調整するような機能が欲しい。

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can you fix the conference call feature that it supports 3rd party conference speakers (like jabra) mute, volume and end buttons.

Can you fix the conference call feature that it supports 3rd party conference speakers (like jabra) mute, volume and end buttons.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Compatibility with Apple AirPod Pro headphones

Enable Teams to work with Apple AirPod Pro headphones. Windows computer is compatible but Teams does not seem to be compatible.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Issues with Bluetooth JBL device

I bought a good new JBL device. It works very well with everything I did until now - except with Microsoft Teams desktop app (does work well with MS Teams web). I have already searched a lot in the internet, tried several solutions posted in many forums but has not managed to have this solved. And I noticed many people with same issue, so I suggest you take a look at it.

Here is the link for a post I made in Microsoft Community, and replies I had: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteamstfb-msteamsmeeting-msteams_audio/wireless-headphones-jbl-bt500-not-working-well/17a9be1a-d7c9-432d-8398-a05c87f50b60?messageId=5fde4faf-a96b-4c55-81ee-7b6a24f7680d

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Button to test your video without having a meeting or call to join

Button to test your video without having a meeting or call to join

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Feature to rotate camera view

Zoom has a feature that rotates the camera view. I have an older laptop and the camera was installed upside down, with the driver written to correct the orientation. The driver was updated for Win8 but not for Win10. I'm stuck with upside down- my go to program is Zoom for this reason. I hate screwing around with extra peripherals- cords- webcams (which are difficult to get right now anyway). Thanks!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Camera Lighting Settings

Could you introduce preset lighting settings so that video displays better in different lighting environments?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. camera

For camera meetings a user selected picture as backgrund instead of blur would be good. Company logo, your favorite holiday picture....

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make sure that teams works with Jabra Speakerphone Answer and Hangup Keys

I have a PH5001U Jabra Speaker Puck. The answer and hangup keys to not answer teams calls or hang them up correctly

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Turn down headphone volume. My headphones are at setting 1 at it is blarring in MS Teams.

Other programs have a setting to adjust volume for that program. My headphones are at 1 and it is blaring. Headphones work for other programs, but blast my ears in MS Teams.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable students from viewing other students' cameras

For privacy reasons, only teachers need to be able to view students' cameras at all times. It is imperative that faculty have control over when students can and cannot view other students (similar to BBB).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base