Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement a feature to verify anonymous attendees in Teams live event

It would be great that admins could verify the anonymous external user’s name which was used when joining in Teams live event via mobile devices.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share video with sound in webinars

Please enable option to share video with sound to Microsoft teams webinars

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow customized background: ability to use our own photographs to create a customized background.

Allow a user to use a customized background: user should be able to import a jpeg or other graphic to create a customized background for video conferences.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mute\Unmute

It would be nice to have a feature like Zoom has where you can hold down spacebar to unmute, and it mutes when released. You can make a quick comment without needing to click the mute button or use Ctrl+Shift+M. I understand that it might be to decrease accidental press of the spacebar, but I feel would be a much better shortcut.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Live Events Output via HDMI and NDI

Desperately need the ability to send the Live output to an external display either via HDMI and/or NDI. We would like to project the live event in the room it is being produced, so the attendee link obviously won't work because of the delay. A convoluted workaround could be to use screen capture software focused on the live window and displayed on a secondary monitor, but the quality suffers going from the smaller live window to full screen. The feed is there being sent to the server. Please give us the ability to display it locally through additional display ports…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Queue/Share Multiple Contents for the Duration of the Event

The ability to queue all the content for a content heavy live event would be instrumental in producing a seamless and cohesive event. Allowing multiple, power point presentations, documents, browser tabs, etc. Currently, I have to share, queue send live, stop share, share new, queue again, over and over. Being able to pre-load/share all the content before the event starts would be amazing. Then all that would need to happen is queue and send live. No more mistakes or black waiting screen or unnecessary video between everything.

While it would be awesome to get this feature and have it allow…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Queue More Than One Window in Live Event

At the moment, you can only share one desktop window in Live Events. In order to change the window, I have to Queue my webcam, send myself live, then whilst everyone is watching I have to find the next desktop window to share and then queue that then send it live.

For instance, starting a Live Event with a PowerPoint slide deck but also having a desktop app or another window in the queue so I can move straight to that without the pain.

In a normal teams meeting you see multiple available windows from the desktop but not in…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Convert a Currently Scheduled Teams Meeting into a Live Event

Being able to convert a currently scheduled teams meeting into a teams Live event or vice versa will eliminate the need to cancel and reschedule an item, condensing steps in making these calendar changes.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More screen layout templates in MS Teams Live events

It would be great if Microsoft can provide the ability to have more screen layout templates in a Live Event. Eg. The ability to add a custom background with multiple speaker video screens on top with the Producer being able to customize the positioning of the Speaker/Presenter videos.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For Teams Live Events. It would be good to have a better assistant report, showing the total amount of time for each user.

For Teams Live Events. It would be good to have a better assistant report, showing the total amount of time for each user.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Want to play a video or show the announcement images before starting live events

Before starting live events, I would like to play a video or show some images with the message, “Please wait for the event” etc.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Video/Presentation Screen

Can the video screen be floating so the other tools like messaging/chat can still be easily accessible and yet still have the video/presentation screen still visible or adjustable in the screen.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. request a presenter unmutes their mic prompt

When you're in the producer role in a live event, you are able to mute the presenters Mics however you can't unmute.

There should be a button to not just flat out unmute the presenter, but send a prompt to their screen to make them aware that they're muted and requests that they unmute their mic.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Live Events Background Customization

Live Events produced within Teams have very limited customization capabilities. One common requirement is to add a background/corporate branding to the event. This is currently only possible by producing the event with a 3rd party encoder. It would be great if there was native capability to add a wallpaper/background to a Live Event produced via Teams, and then adjust the size of the layout to be slightly smaller for the other windows overlayed on top of it (e.g. cameras/screenshares).

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow a "freeze screen" feature to keep the camera image up while you walk away for a moment.

For video conference, currently, I need to shut off the camera and use the avatar if I need to walk away for a minute. It would be nice to have a "pause" feature to freeze my camera shot as-is while I get a coffee or use the bathroom. It's disruptive to either get up and move, or to set the avatar.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable sharing of System Audio from Mac client during Teams Live Events

I note that you have just delivered the ability to share System Audio from Windows during Teams Live Events. Please consider adding the same capability for Mac users of Teams.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Live Events Timer

Add a timer for Presenters view in Live Events, so Presenters can know when they have to be wrapping up their presentation

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable option to follow speaker for Teams Live Events

For a Teams Live Event where there are multiple presenters we would like the option of the view for the attendees to automatically change when a different presenter speaks, rather than requiring to queue up and manually change the speaker.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Public in Teams Live event must introduce name and email

Hi,
    It is necessary include an optional button to do a requirement for public access to our Teams live events, because we need to know how access to our teams live events.

I mean, we have configure our Teams Live events to public, but we need to know how access (identify how), so It will be nice an optional button to configure a Teams Live Event for name and email requirement for public people.

I attach an example of attende where we can’t know how access to out teams live event.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base