Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. User Friendliness

Don’t take up the real estate on the screen.... have a simple list of people... don’t require a conversation history....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Email ID for every thread

I am using MS Teams from july 2018 and it was really great collaboration platform. Below are the few points which are blocking to use MS Teams 100%.

1. There should be separate email id for each thread we creat in the channel. I know that there is a email id for channel. if i want to give reply for specific subjected thread in channel there is no email id which is available now.

2.we can create MS Teams from O365 group and what ever channels we create in the MS Teams will reflect in O365 group as folders and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. What if I don't want all my files I am working on shared with the team. Just some. not all

I would like to see something that would keep some files I am working on to be shared only to one person. and not be posted or opened by others. only the person I send a share document. like to CEO or HR, not to all staff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Develop a Teams "Read-Only" O365 Admin Role for the Tier-1 Support Persona

None of the Teams Administration roles provide a "Read-Only" view of user and policy configurations as to allow a Tier-1 help-desk support agent to triage functional issues / limitations reported by a Teams user.

What Why cant I schedule meetings in Teams?
    Why don't I have a Chat icon?
    What Meeting Policy do I have?
    I forgot my conferencing PIN.
    I can't schedule audio conferences.
    Why can't I make outside calls?

Without this Teams :Read-Only" role, it is impossible for a Tier-1 support agent to know what policies a user is assigned to and how each policy is configured WITHOUT…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide Admins With Permissions Control Before Rolling Out

Don't roll out a product like this to my organization without providing us with the tools necessary to administer it. Just allowing every user to create teams whenever they want may be acceptable in some places, but we have tight controls over creation of groups and naming conventions. It's ridiculous we had to use powershell in Azure AD to create a special security group so we could lock down users' ability to create groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More limitations for guest users

Add more settings/limitations for guest users. Right now, guest users can delete folders and files in the teams portal, which should not be possible. A "Read only"-option would solve this. Obviously, deleted files can be recovered but it will be a lot of hassle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base