Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Guest user to upload files in Teams chat

Can you please make the functionality to allow Guest user to upload files in Teams chat.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Custom date ranges in the Teams admin reporting tab.

Provide the ability to set a custom date range in the Teams admin portal. You can currently only select the past 7 days or 28 days.

This is not aligned with the O365 Admin portal where I have more date range options.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Activate teams notifications by default

In Microsoft Teams, the notifications have to be activated manually group by group, and this isn't functional.
    Can we work to activiate the notifications for all groups in Microsoft Teams by default?

Thank you for your commets.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Develop a Teams "Read-Only" O365 Admin Role for the Tier-1 Support Persona

None of the Teams Administration roles provide a "Read-Only" view of user and policy configurations as to allow a Tier-1 help-desk support agent to triage functional issues / limitations reported by a Teams user.

What Why cant I schedule meetings in Teams?
    Why don't I have a Chat icon?
    What Meeting Policy do I have?
    I forgot my conferencing PIN.
    I can't schedule audio conferences.
    Why can't I make outside calls?

Without this Teams :Read-Only" role, it is impossible for a Tier-1 support agent to know what policies a user is assigned to and how each policy is configured WITHOUT…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow users to create a "Team" without adding a Group on the O365 admin side!

We have lots of users that want to create their own specific teams which is great. Until i have to go digging through all these new "Groups" that were created for each team!! There should be an option to allow the users to create their Teams without impacting anything on the Admin side

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please integrate Teams with Outlook so that you can export a xhat conversation to an email. There is no way to send a chat to an email.

There is no way to export a MS Teams chat or conversation to an email. Would be awesome to send a chat to someone's email.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need Call queues and Auto Attendant sync status on Teams portal

Need option to check sync status of call queues and auto attendants the way it was available on legacy Lync portal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to open 2 or more windows at the same time

I would like to be able to open 2 or more windows at the same time.

For example - Team Chat, and a Document/File.

Being able to do this would make it easier to communicate with my team about a collection of documents, and be able to pull them up simultaneously, to refer to them or make changes along the way, as I'm working. Currently, I must open and close each one.

To further clarify - my team will notify in team chat that a list of things have been done... I would like to be able to refer to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Want to view the team name via Users in Microsoft Teams admin center

It would be great that we can view the team that each user belongs to via Users in Microsoft Teams admin center like Microsoft 365 admin center currently shows the group that each user belongs to.
    We cannot currently see the users’ team from Users in Teams admin cent

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Office 365 Groups

Hello

I don't want teams/planner groups to show in the exchange admin center groups and in offline global address list

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hide items with setup policy

Add a feature that can hide items in the left pane in Teams with the setup policy in Microsoft Teams admin center.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to search folders and files in channels

Search for files and folders in the specific channel we are in so that we can easily access those files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Whenever we open Teams, there can be a common homepage until we select a conversation.

Whenever we open Teams, it shows up the chat from the last time we open, eventhough we have not selected it. There can be a common landing page which can be displayed when we don't wish to see any conversations.

Teams always keep displaying some conversation which we have not selected to display at that point.

That is a bit frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show all Chats and Channels without changing the Tenant.

We are using O365 with different other Company's. Every Company has it's own Tenant. So in soem Channels we are guests and the other way round.

It would be great if we could see all Channels and Chats in one interface without switching between different Tenants in the Teams App.

If this would be possible, we would not lose time in the communication between different Tenants.

Tanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Poor admin portal Teams name search

Need to have partial searching in the Manage Teams area of the Admin Portal. We only have 100 teams so far and it's already getting unmanageable as the search only matches from the start of the Team name e.g. Team called "Business Development" doesn't appear in search results for 'Development'.

Additionally, not being able to sort the columns or export the list is very unhelpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add ability to manage Room Lists and from Teams Admin portal

Instead of using powershell to manage lists of Microsoft Teams Rooms (MTR) capable devices/accounts, can this be managed in the Teams Admin portal?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. User Friendliness

Don’t take up the real estate on the screen.... have a simple list of people... don’t require a conversation history....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams usage report only shows 100 record

The teams usage report only can shows maximum 100 records whatever how many users and activities we have.Even after we export it, it still shows 100 records. I want it shows the full activities for every user and every activities.

Also the report could not shows it daily and the last report is two days ago

Please improve

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - O365 Teams Portal improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create an area for my work to access outlook, aggregated planner, etc

Add an area for "my work" through which you can easily access Outlook, Planner (to see your aggregated tasks from multiple planners), personal one note and file space. Could work like the teams area so apps are added as tabs. Would mean that Teams becomes the first point of call for everything

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - O365 Teams Portal improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. disable creating team for users

I'm looking to see how to disable creating groups from the users as they have the capability to create as much as they want and will cause overload and confusion to the distribution O365 and we want admin to only control this? I see that there is a lot of PowerShell going on and my thought is that there is a lot of un develop has not been place. The goal is not to PowerShell anything if possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.