Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow admins to monitor who has logged out of Call Queues

Managers need to be able to see who has logged themselves out of Call Queues. Will this ever be available?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to perform admin activities over teams screen share!!

Feature controlling to create teams in Microsoft Teams
    It would be very convenient if Microsoft Teams can give a feature to perform admin activities over team (installing,opening application with admin privileges likewise)
    I am an Admin i will access users screens (computers) sometimes, at times i may need to install some applications then if that application needs admin access then I cannot neither see nor give my admin credentials, where as this can be done in most of screen sharing applications.

Thanks
    Raghu
    System Administrator

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create tool or Powershell Command to test line URI

A tool or Powershell Command to test line URI instead of doing an actual call for it. This will help the admin to check the user that has PSTN if the they don't have a license.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Admin wants to see which cloud storage is used by which team

We can use third-party cloud storages in Teams. So, admins want to check the usage of those cloud storages.
    At this time, there is no way to check which team is using which cloud storage, so we would like you to implement the feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add group (DL/Sec group) to a Team by using the admin portal

It is now not possible to add a distribution or security group from the Teams admin portal.
    This is also not possible by using PowerShell.

I would be nice if administrators can manage this throughout the admin portal or using PowerShell.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search for Teams membership by user

When I do a search in the Teams Admin Console for a user it shows policies, call history, voice and account, but it would be extremely helpful to also see Teams membership and ownership there too. I would like to be able to search for a user and know which Teams they are associated with.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. End to End troubleshooting

From voice down to IM’s, we want to have the ability to trouble shoot end to end within any scenario when utilizing Teams..ie: when we had voice issues, from a trace perspective we could troubleshoot up to Teams, but we needed to involve MS to view from Teams to SBC….another example would be intermittent IM's being delivered, other example would be when utilizing meetings, if there is a bad user experience, we want the ability to identify the root immediately and not only after the meeting has ended

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Device type not reporting properly

in Cloud App Security we have alerts configured that exclude iOS and Android devices. It appears to me that the Teams app(and other office mobile apps) are incorrectly using the user agent string. Instead of the Device type reporting iOS, it is reporting SkypeSpaces/1.0a$*+
    when using the Teams app. Other apps report other user agent strings. This has led to many false positives. Screen shots attached in the file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Teams chat Journaling

It would be really nice to be able to journal teams private and channel chats to a journaling mailbox. We have a wealth management client who might not be able to switch to teams because their parent company does not have complete oversight over their chats. I know we can do a content discovery to export the results but there should be a way to automate this. Their parent company does not have access to the client's tenant so someone will have to export the results "x" amount of days and send it to them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Descriptions for Fields in Call History Debug Page

Can we get an article describing in detail what all of the fields within the Debug section of a call mean? This might help IT people working with the product to identify and correct issues without placing a ticket each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Integration with RMM Platforms.

using the Planner integration of teams to connect with somthing like NinjaRMM?
    Where you say define a Planner object in NinjaRMM then it is created in PLanner with details about the Device, and Organization it was created for.
    When creating the planner object you can choose what "Team/Organization" it should be filed under.

Basically this would create a "Poor-man's Ticketing System"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Activity logs to include time

The activity logs do not show the time, only the date. We would like to know more precisely when people are using Teams (and all other Office 365 apps, for that matter).

The Office 365 Cloud App Security does a good job with time but does not show the detail we would like in Teams.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need to check the resolution for the video call in Teams

It would be great if admins could check the resolution for video calls from video call history in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base