Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow user to block specific contacts while being able to stay Online for others.

Some users may need to be available for quick chat contact through Teams to other members of the team, but other users in the organization may take advantage of their online presence to bypass regular communication channels. Specifically, helpdesk support person needs a service ticket submitted before assisting someone, but must be available in Teams for consultation with other IT staff.

3,530 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

702 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Distribution Lists in Teams

In Skype for Business client I can add a Distribution List as a Contact Group.

Can we have this feature in Teams?

2,694 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

387 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let me @ Mention the user's first name instead of their DisplayName

Hi,
    When mentioning someone with @, is it possible to use the user alias instead of the Display Name? In Slack for example, it is possible to choose whether to display the full name or the user name when being mentioned. Could be great to have it on MS Teams because it is shorter in messages where many mentions are provided.

2,378 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  176 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide a user from Microsoft Teams

It would be very beneficial to be able to hide a user from showing as a Microsoft Teams user. Right now it is super confusing for users when old staff members whose mailboxes are still being used show in Microsoft Teams. There is currently no option to hide these users from showing as contacts in chats.

1,869 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

253 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

1,671 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  224 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Team address books (and company-wide address book)

The lifeblood of Microsoft teams is the people that that make up those teams and generate the content within teams. As of now, there is now basic way of listing who those people are within teams.

It would be really great if each team had it's own "people" tab where it would be an address book of all the people who make up that team. Without it, how does a general user even know with whom they are speaking?

Furthermore, it would be good to have the option for a company-wide "people" tab in the left menu, which would function…

1,375 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import Groups & Contacts from Skype for Business

With the integration of Skype's features in Microsoft Teams, is there a way to export/import your Contacts and Groups from Skype into Microsoft Teams?

For someone that has been using Teams for over a year now, this would be very useful tool.

As to perform this task of creating Groups, adding the people to them both internal and external manually would take several hours.

Let me know if I can assist.

1,077 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow removal of suggested contacts

Please remove/turnoff Suggested contacts from bottom left

1,073 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

305 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The option to “discard” suggested contacts in your chat list is rolling out to users. We will be making further changes to make suggested contacts more relevant for new users in the future as well, so marking as partially completed. Thanks for your patience with this one.

~Alex & the Teams team

9. Is it possible to either import your outlook contacts or integrate with your contacts?

It would be great when going to make calls that it could integrate with your outlook contacts. thank you,

1,059 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

165 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remember expand/collapse contact groups

The new contact list is now live and it has the option to expand and collapse contact groups. However when I restart teams the are all expanded again.

It would be better if Teams remembered when I collapse a group. then I can for example hide groups of contacts I don't use as often.

1,007 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

239 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. contact information

Give same contact card information as in Skype. Teams only gives an abbreviated version of the contact card. There is no way to get the full contact card. I need fax, mobile, etc...not just work #.

945 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Lets make contacts great again!

Can we please have an awesome next-level contacts interface and management!? Pretty sure we were promised cool stuff in SfB that never came :(

While contacts management might seem like a pretty boring feature (because it is), its one of the most pivotal parts of the app. The whole point of the app is to communicate. So if you can't find or interact with contact information easily, it can be very frustrating!!!

The first thing that needs to be resolved is the fact that the "Calls" tab is the central location for contacts. That doesn't see right or make sense…

940 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create/start a chat for a Contact Group

It would be great if we can create/start a new chat based off a Contact Group. Rather than adding each person individually to a chat, the fact that they are part of a group would be so convenient to just right-click the Contact Group name, say 'Start Chat' and it would initiate a new chat will all members in the group.

904 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sort Contacts

Allow users to sort the contacts in chat, the same way you can in Skype for Business - by Groups/Teams, Status, Relationships, New - and perhaps add the Recent and Suggested as tabs there as well.

901 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I want to edit my display name or give myself a nickname

When I @mention a team member it displays them as Last Name, First name which really interrupts the conversational flow. Slack lets me edit my display name.

762 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change display names

Owner or member needs to be able to change the display name. I have students who are transgender and their name shows up as their birth name. This is extremely confusing to other students and not exactly comfortable for the student who needs their name changed. This is also a problem for people who go by middle names or change their surnames.

510 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Display mobile number

When looking at users in teams. It doesn't display their mobile number. It just displays their office number. I would like to see both the users office number and mobile number.

484 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. nicknames

allow the users

a) to set a own nickname, which could be displayed when people hover over my icon

OR

b) allow me to set individual nicknames (=additional data, remarks) for a contact and show that when I hover of them

OR

c) both (a+b)

443 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need to be able to search/call Outlook contacts' phone numbers without leaving Teams

The biggest obstacle and user complaint we have when rolling out Teams is that users cannot search for their Outlook contacts to call like they could in Skype For Business. Instead, they have to open Outlook and reference the contact's phone number which is inefficient & clumsy. It goes against everything else Teams does well in in terms of consolidating apps/interfaces. Users should be able to search for and call their outlook contacts via PSTN without having to leave Teams.

Skype for Business is still a much more streamlined design for external PSTN calling because users cannot find and dial…

366 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sync Teams and Office 365 groups with email distribution lists

Any organization provides email addresses for their employees. Usually the organizations create an email address (distribution list) for each of their teams so that users could contact a certain team without knowing their member's email addresses - just the email address of the group / team.

These team/group email addresses (distribution lists) are managed by IT Admins through Office 365. An IT Admin is able to add / remove a user from a certain distribution list and they are responsible to keep those lists acurate. Is there any possibility to allow the IT Admins to create a team in Microsoft…

332 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 60 61
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base