Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shifts as a Volunteer Scheduler

If there were a way to utilize Shifts to schedule volunteers for events by setting up time slots that would allow for up to X people to sign up for the slot but potentially allow people to swap with the shift's manager's approval. Reminders and mobile support would be great to have with it too, but the basic functions of the scheduling would be awesome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Employees frequently call out when I only have access to my mobile device. I need access to the entire schedule to get coverage.

Employees frequently call out when I only have access to my mobile device. I need access to the entire schedule to get coverage

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remove all remaining assigned shifts

Add an option to delete all remaining assigned shifts for a team member, making it easier to remove them from a group schedule.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow team members to request multiple shifts at once

Our team usually works hourly shifts. We can work multiple shifts in a row or when available. We like using the Open shifts so everyone can request for the hours they want, but it becomes tedious when we have to request each shift we want individually. It would be great if Shifts allowed you to select multiple shifts and request them at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Alert of double booking

Hi,
    I was wondering if there was a way to make for teams to alert you if you are doubling booking for someone.

For example I have created teams for each site we work, but if I book alex for example at site A From 7am-3pm and then Alex at site B from 8am-1pm I want it to alert me that Alex is already booked in at that time.

Any chance this is possibly already something I can do?
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Total Shifts worked

Can you please add a way to total up the amount of shifts an employee has worked over a period of time. For example, being able to select the months January-May to see how many total shifts he/she has worked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Attach files to shifts

It would be great to be able to attach a file(s) to a shift. This could be as a onedrive file or an uploaded doc/PDF/XLS etc that can be accessed by rhe team member.

Use case:
    Frontline worker receives shift with shift name and some job notes but may require a referral/job sheet to complete the work. Team owner allocates shift and creates link/attaches file at same time.

Possible solutions:
    - Link to onedrive file
    - attachment stored with shift and opened in seperate viewer/client
    - link downloads to device/desktop based on clicking link. opens in defualt viewer/editor
    - Could…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change "Theme" to "Category"

Instead of "Theme" call it "Category" and allow them to be editable (at an admin level). I would like to measure work based on different clients, but trying to keep track of who is "white" and who is "blue" is difficult

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Filter by individual shift

Under the view option...able to filter by individual shift that is created.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shifts Time Clock only works for members who are owners. Let members also punch in using Time Clock.

I just discovered Time Clock in Shifts. Unfortunately, it is set up so only owners can punch in and out. Are you folks working on allowing members to use Time Clock as well?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shifts- Work Days, like M-F (no Sat/Sun)

You currently have the ability to select the starting day (like Monday), but in our situation, we only work M-F, so this makes creating schedule more cumbersome since I have to skip over Sat/Sun. Seems you could allow ending day of the week or maybe a checkbox for each day worked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Visibility of next month's shift in Teams to the agents

Being Admin I am able to see the leaves that are planned for the future; however, the agent does not have the visibility for the same. If this is included, it helps the agents to see who is on leave and can plan their leaves accordingly else we end up in conflicts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Clickable Location Field to Shift

If you add a street address to the location field in an Outlook meeting you can click the address in Outlook Mobile to open the maps app to navigate to the address. It would be great to have this same feature in Shifts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Shift Availability/Preferences

Hi,

I have some part-time and casual staff who have commitments like college classes and children's activities. It would be really helpful to for team members to be able to specify their availability other than by requesting time off.

Scheduling would be much easier with prompts like - "John is available after 1100".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable a search function that allows searching through Shifts

When I search for a shift that is posted somewhere in Shifts, I receive zero results. As it is right now, I must manually review each week to find what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have a shift that is called "Shift 3" or "Visit 4", I want to be able to enter those into the search field an population all those shifts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Availability in Shifts for Desktop

You can set daily availability on the mobile app. Can we do the same for the desktop app? It is so useful! The availability markers show up when making shifts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include Option to Count Shifts in Number of Shifts Assigned vs Hrs. Worked

I would like to be able to see how many shifts were assigned (ie: 2 shifts for Mark since he worked both Saturday and Sunday) vs only how many hours he worked that shift as a running total below the team member names each week.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Shifts Icon to Main Bar on Left

I would like to be able to access Shifts quickly from the left-hand bar - without having to click the three dots and then select shifts from the "more apps" options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Darker or Brighter Highlight for "Today" in Shifts

The "Today" function is a great way to return to the current day, but it is such a light highlight that it is easy to miss. Please consider running the highlight all the way down the page of shifts or making the top line darker or brighter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.