Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support to manage schedules across multiple groups

Excuse the long post as I feel the need to describe what I am trying to do.

I am responsible for managing the schedule for various departments and their staff in my office. Some of our staff split time between multiple departments thus we have schedules who are split between multiple groups. To best manage their schedules I have been using Staff Hub and now more recently Teams and Shifts and have had an issue organizing these various schedules across groups.

For us each department is split into its own group. (HR, Accounting, Recruiting etc.) This allows us to track…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On SHIFTS New Request add one more tab or the ability to add a tab of choice for a request.

The "Request" window needs one or two more options. Add "preference" or "available" and or a "blank tab" the owner may customize for the team. An example: I need a tab that allows my staff to tell me which weekend they prefer to work and then which days off they prefer as time off for the weekend worked. This feature makes the staff happy as they feel they have some control over their scheduling. The window should have Start date, end date, start time, end time and the reasons are "other", "prefered hours", available. And the notes section. and the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to add an Open Shift from the mobile app

The ability to create/share an open shift from the mobile app would be great!

As a manager, you may not always be at work or have access to a computer. If you receive a call from a team member who has an emergency and is unable to fulfill their shift duties you should be able to go into the teams app and create/share an open shift or move that individuals shift to the open shift slot.

This will eliminate the need to have to message/text/call everyone to fill the shift.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Shifts in Microsoft Teams to be viewable by non-team members in a Sharepoint Web Part

We want employees of the firm to know which service desk technician is doing which shift each day, which they currently maintain through the Shifts app in Microsoft Teams for the Service Desk team. Only Service Desk members are part of that Team at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stick the date selector and view options bar at the top of Shifts scrolling view

As I'm scrolling down my list of staff with all their shifts, I'd like the date selector and view options to remain at the top so that I can change to the next day/week/month without losing my place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow exclusion of Team members from Shifts

I added certain Team members to Shifts--but not all--and began adding shifts assigned to those members. At some point the other Team members populated into Shifts even though they will never be assigned to work shifts and we never need to see them in that view. And I can't take them out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Recover shifts data

Unforntonaly shifts data is not recoverbable at the moment.
    We will like that you could have a recycle bin or a versions options available for Microsoft shifts.

Also the we could have a retention policy for Microsoft shifts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SHIFTS: Allow Normal Colors

Limiting Shifts to pastel colors...is a bit much. Adding the normal strain of colors would be nice (black, red, yellow...anything but pastels).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Be able to view a customizable date range in shifts

Right now you can only view shifts by "day" "week" or "month" and it would be more useful to be able to select a date rang. For example if I'm planning from Wednesday-Wednesday and the month changes in the middle of that range, I currently have to switch back and forth between 2 different "week" views in order to see the schedule. I'd like to be able to look at variable (potentially 2 week) increments, or at the very least be able to select the start and end date of the specified increments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. how to add team schedules in shifts? Now it says: It looks like there aren’t any team schedules for you yet...what does that mean?

how to add team schedules in shifts? Now it says: It looks like there aren’t any team schedules for you yet...what does that mean?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Time tracking as on Staffhub is missing

it would be great to see real hours in compare to planned hours.
    And if there would be tracked hours as API-object it can be inegrated into third party systems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Leave Totals

If we were to move across to this it would be vital to have a tally of leave. I would need a pot with 25 days and everytime someone requests leave it takes a day off that total so they know how much there is left to take. Is this possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shifts: option for a two week schedule view

Shifts: schedule view: current options are for one week or one month. Would like to be able to view 2 weeks at a time, which is a pay period at our company. This would be useful to be able to view on one screen if part time employees are schedule their required hours for the pay period.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to blackout dates so time off cannot be requested.

The ability to blackout dates so staff can't request time off would be really helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shifts - Include a "Share All" button or checkbox on the "Share Shift" page

After spending a few minutes entering all my vacation time and otherwise unavailable periods, i click to share and I'd like to be able to share all newly entered dates. As it is, I have to click Share after each addition causing unnecessary notifications to be sent to team members for each addition. Or select ranges of dates on the "Share with Team" page that only allows a two month spread.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. duplicate shifts occur when copying a schedule

When we copy a schedule from one week to a week in the future in order to replicate our schedule, if that future week has any entries in it already instead of overwriting the week with the new data it just adds duplicates entries. What would be great would be to copy a completed schedule from a week and replicated it across a month or more without this duplication occurring

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shifts License

We have 800 emloyees that do not need email or other services associated with current licenses. Can you add a "Shifts Only" license so we can use the time clock function. Or allow a certain amount of "free" users per Premium license. Retail industry does not need email for every cashier, utility clerk, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Shifts requests in calendar to make planning easier

Make it easier to plan vacation for the whole teams by showing the requests in the calendar view. It should be obvious when a team member is not available to work because he has been granted or has requested time off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base