Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More PowerShell Commands for Shifts

Provide more PowerShell commands in the Teams PowerShell Module for managing shifts with different teams.
    I.e. add/remove shift schedules, updating shifts, import/export etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Staff per 30 minutes shouldn't include lunch and breaks

If I have a team with my customer support phone staff, I want to see the number of agents I have online during a shift. Right now, when viewing "staff per 30 minutes", I see a total of all staff, regardless of whether or not they are on lunch or in another activity. Lunch and other activities should not count toward the total staff available in that view.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Your status in "shifts" should be reflected in your main status

If you are off-shift or on vacation in shifts, this should be reflected in your main status. I have just messaged my manager who showed as available(green) in status but was on vacation. I got told off :-(

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow lunch changes in shifts

Allow custom lunch and break times in shifts

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. See who is clocked in now?

The Manager should see in one click whtich teammember is clocked in right now (and since when).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Display only working hours

The 24h range of shifts ist too much for us. It would be cool to specify the working hours in teams. Us for example, we need to display a range from 7am to 5pm. Would be great to customize that in the settings.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. custom fields for each shift

We should be able to define custom fields, and they should display in addition to the "Notes" field.

We would like to be able to define a small number of custom fields that can be used for each shift.

Examples:
    For staff that travel, fields could be used for "client name" to visit, Location (URL) or address, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Validate Copying Shifts from One Week to Another

When copying a Shifts schedule from one week to the next, have a verification check that lets the user know if there is already a schedule published or in draft mode for the week being copied TO, that allows a user to either cancel or select a different week to avoid duplicate shifts being created for the same days/employees.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your feedback! This is Amir from the Shifts product team. We added your feedback to our backlog as feature to manage conflicts when copy-pasting shifts (especially if they are recurring over a longer period of time).

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

9. Want to set alarm at the shift start time with Shifts

It would be great if we could set alarm with Shifts. If Shifts might have the alarm feature like Outlook calendar, that would be great.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add Microsoft Teams Shifts widget for Android

Please add Microsoft Teams Shifts widget for Android

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Choose the break down of visible times by hour, 30 mins, 15 mins, etc.

The directors in my organization schedule activities for staff at 15 minute increments, or tasks start at 15 or 45 of the hour. It would be nice to choose the breakdown of the visible time, as the gray vertical bar that moves with the mouse can be harder to pinpoint the time without opening up individual staff shifts.

They need to be able to compare staff schedules in this way to make sure everything is covered.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shifts re-ocurrance button

My staff wants to use Teams scheduling. Since they have 60% the same schedule each week, they want a recurrence button. Can you build one?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow people to request Open shifts on the desktop version

currently the app is the only way for employees to request an open shift. Would like the feature to be available on the desktop for those who don't want to use the app

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. shifts not syncing

Shifts in not syncing to my mobile when updating desktop schedule.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shifts - Let me see the entire team's schedule and not just mine on the App!

If I am part of a customer service team, but am in a separate "group", I cannot view/manage other's schedules from the app because I can only see my shifts. This is a problem for managers trying to edit the schedule and check availability across multiple groups!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Shift Notifications Need to Come From AAD Name Field, NOT First Name & Last Name

Shifts notifications should use the Azure Active Directory Name field.

We have users with Given names (stored as FirstName and LastName in AAD) and Preferred names (stored as Name in AAD). Notifications from Teams are sent from the AAD Name field, but Shifts notifications are sent from the FirstName & LastName fields. We need to have the notifications for Shifts match the behavior of the notifications in Teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shifts - assign admin / approver per group

It would be good to assign admin or approver per schedule group. So the admin or approver can be responsible and receive notification only for their own group. And also the time-off requests from the same group only send to the assigned admin or approver automatically.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shifts - allow time-off requestor to choose the manager for approval and filter by approver

For example, We have a Shifts schedule with 200 employees, and there are only 5 managers that have the access to approve different time-off Requests.

Now the 5 manager receive all the request from employees and they need to go through these requests one by one to find their own employees' request and approve it. It is very inconvenient for the 5 managers to deal with the large amount of time-off requests.

Would be cool to allow employee to choose which manager the time-off request needs be sent to. And the manager can also filter out requests that assigned to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a Location to each shift

I have staff that work in different locations. I would like to see this feature as a selectable option per shift. Currently i use colour coding and a comment.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Refuse shifts

Allow staff to refuse/reject shifts without having to offer or swap. Still need Manager approval to move shift to open and require a reason from staff.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base