Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change notification from bot when adding user to Shift.

When in Shifts we add a user that did not exist in a Team, then in Teams we get a bit scary message Bot user - very long guid - has added user X to the team. It would be better if we would get information that user was added by the person who did it in Teams. If this is not possible, then at least the message should say "Shifts bot has added user X on behalf of user Y. "

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fixed template shifts with central edition as with permissions

Hard to get, if already available, or truly missing, a way to make fixed shifts as to be able of withstanding edition across all equal shifts going forward from a give date. Currently, as soon as a single shift is edited it becomes different from previously equal shifts all around, which in turn makes manually updating each one meant to keep being equal quite cumbersome. This should only be optional, and allow permanent definition for shifts as they remain on permission types, so updating its template model, all sharing the same template get updated. If not possible, the addition of…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Show Shifts from All Teams

Offer a view in Shifts where managers can see all employees and shifts, not just one team at a time. I have employees on different teams and need to keep track of all of them. Toggling between 6 different teams to do so isn't productive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Cannot offer shifts to members of different shifts group

In shifts you can separate members into multiple groups. I have mine separated into regular workers and managers. Managers have a different schedule than regular workers. I do not want regular workers to be able to offer or swap hours with a manager and vice versa.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG - Permanently Delete Group in Shifts

I've had a real hard time trying to replicate this bug, so I'm just going to outline the actions I performed to produce.
    Basically if I 'add time off' and 'export schedule' there is a duplication of data from an old group I deleted.

- Group 1 in schedules populated with a team roster
    - Group 2 has the same users and schedule, but different timezone
    - Realised that the second group would achieve what I wanted to do easily
    - Deleted Group 2
    - Finished populating Group 1 with data
    - Export schedule

Please see attached image for clarification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Shifts to GCC

Deploy Shifts (Microsoft Teams for Firstline Workers) to GCC clients. It's been available to non-GCC for a little bit of time, but some smaller GCC clients may find it helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Delete a member that is no longer employed

Allow owners to delete a member without having to remove each scheduled day. Or allow owners to replace an existing team member with a new team member taking over their schedule.
    We are having a problem removing a member that is no longer employed. Please Help

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shifts - Expanded assignee print

When viewing the shifts grouped by shift an option to print out with a view of who is covering that work would be useful for the management. We have shifts but for each shift you are assigned different work, and the management would like a hard-copy listing for each task who has been assigned there, at a glance without having to scan through the by employees view to find out who is assigned what on that day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Yearly holiday/vacation planner

Many companies require before each year end that team members allocate their requests for holiday periods along the next year, following limits on number of days and number of persons able to take the same days within the same period. A must have feature, even if it takes a couple of years to bring it to life.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to assign slots to group members in Shifts via mobile Teams App

Make it possible to move or allocate an open shift to a group member via the mobile Teams App. Also the ability to move a shift back to open shifts from a user with the ability to comment a reason why as a tracking facility in shifts would be great!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shift - Manage real working time and display real planning

When people ask for a day off (or couple of hours off) it's displayed on another line- many lines if you have more than 2 events on a day.... - and the planning begin to be hard to read -
    Beside that, the counts of people by day (or hour) is false as the shift do not disappear from the planning - the calculation of working hours / days off are not done

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Overview of all shifts per employee

1. Create the posiblility for a manager to see all the shifts an employee has. Our employees can be a member of more than one team.
    2. Create the posiblility for an employee to see all her/his shifts, even if she/he is a member of more than one team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. download request(holiday,change) data(history and detail) from teams shifts

when we get teams shifts data via csv file, there is no data about request information such as who apply holiday, who request to change work time and its history.
    it will helps managing our business better
    thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Shifts Doesn't Work

Microsoft Shifts continually just spins when trying to access from the Teams Desktop App and the phone app? Anyone else have this problem?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow employees to decline Open shifts so theyremove from their list of open shifts

currently open shifts list all open shifts you requested or didn't request.
    if there could be a step to decline a open shift, this will then move from their current list
    from In Progress to Done
    This way employees know which shifts they said they are available to and are waiting for approval without needing to open each entry

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Quickly release Shifts for Teams !!

We need Shifts asap !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove the Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut

Please, We are an IT team, so Ctrl+Shift+C is used in chrome to inspect an element. I often chat with someone and press this combination when i look on the other window. Is starts calling and I don't really appreciate it because often I have this .... situation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. view all staff and their shifts on mobile app

Staff Hub iOS app was able to display all staff and their shifts for the whole month (as the desktop app can) but this doesn’t seem to be available on the current mobile apps.... is this something that will be implemented?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shifts Shedule in Teams Mobile App

We use the shifts function to track holiday requests / leave / sickness etc for my team. This works great on the desktop app, but on the mobile app (IOS) the shifts schedule only displays my own holidays (I'm the Team Leader). So even though I can see requests for leave and approve them, it doesn't show me what the team is doing. This means that if I get a request on my mobile device outside office hours, I need to go to my PC and open Teams to see who else is on holiday etc. I've searched the help…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Trello cards attached to Shifts

So when someone is on shift for a particular task they know without being told what they're working on that day and what they'll need to complete that task. We have Trello cards with checklists and comments underneath that help us keep on track with what is being provided to whom and when, what equipment is being used, etc. If we could view these directly in Shifts, it would save a lot of copy pasting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base