Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shifts (StaffHub) - Email all staff scheduled to work on the current day

Please add the ability to email all staff currently scheduled in Shifts (StaffHub) for the current day. This is important for managers to communicate with all current day scheduled staff in one easy step. This could be a Flow, but current Flow templates don't support this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow lunch changes in shifts

Allow custom lunch and break times in shifts

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shifts - Custom request reason

Shifts - Custom request reason. These seem to be limited in the Shifts application to unpaid, vacation, off, sick day and parental leave.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shifts - Let me see the entire team's schedule and not just mine on the App!

If I am part of a customer service team, but am in a separate "group", I cannot view/manage other's schedules from the app because I can only see my shifts. This is a problem for managers trying to edit the schedule and check availability across multiple groups!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show shifts that are overtime, involve one or more premium pays or are extra shifts

Add an attribute to a shift to indicate that particular shift is an overtime shift, involves one or more premium pay types (bonus shifts) or is an additional shift (worked in addition to a typical schedule). Incidentally, a single shift could be all three.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable Shifts for Government cloud users - GCC

Please enable SHIFTS for government cloud users - GCC. I work at a government agency. We use Office 365, just starting to experiment with Teams. We have GCC license. We have shift workers - in fact 3 shifts each day 24 x 7. Shifts will be an extremely useful tool for us to schedule our workers. Currently we use a spreadsheet.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow people to request Open shifts on the desktop version

currently the app is the only way for employees to request an open shift. Would like the feature to be available on the desktop for those who don't want to use the app

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Blocking Shifts - Off time

If an employee is scheduled to be off, or on vacation, teams should not allow me to assign a shift, or maybe a popup can appear saying so-and-so is on Holiday, do you wish to assign the Shift ... anyway?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. shifts not syncing

Shifts in not syncing to my mobile when updating desktop schedule.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "View only" shareable link for shifts

There should be a way to share a link of shifts to a third party without a Teams account, so the schedule can be viewed, but not edited.

My organization has a few sites that were running google sheets live on a computer in their staff room to show the most updated schedule without staff always pulling out their phones, and without needing staff to individually log in.

I would like them to keep this ability.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Choose the break down of visible times by hour, 30 mins, 15 mins, etc.

The directors in my organization schedule activities for staff at 15 minute increments, or tasks start at 15 or 45 of the hour. It would be nice to choose the breakdown of the visible time, as the gray vertical bar that moves with the mouse can be harder to pinpoint the time without opening up individual staff shifts.

They need to be able to compare staff schedules in this way to make sure everything is covered.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Person listed in multiple groups

When a person is listed in multiple groups, their shift should auto-populate on the subsequent group. An example of this is when the Manager is listed on all of their groups shifts, their shift (i.e.schedule, vacation, holiday, etc.) should follow so you don't have to enter it multiple times.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Time Clock Station

Will there be a way to set up a Time Clock Station on a Tablet or Desktop so team members do not have clock-in with their mobile phones?

Not everyone has a mobile phone, unfortunately.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Send a mail to team members when the shift is published, amended, swap request, offer and off.

Currently the option to notify the team members when shift schedule is published is not working. Also, during the swap/offer/off request mail has not been sent.
    During, swap/off/offer requests mail should be sent to concerned person copying the team owner and their managers. Once the request is approved, mail should be sent to entire team about the change because many people work in the same shifts and others might have planned something with the person who is requesting for swap/off/offer, noticing before might help to plan their work properly. Hence, whenever there is a change in schedule, entire team should…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete a member that is no longer employed

Allow owners to delete a member without having to remove each scheduled day. Or allow owners to replace an existing team member with a new team member taking over their schedule.
    We are having a problem removing a member that is no longer employed. Please Help

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Yearly holiday/vacation planner

Many companies require before each year end that team members allocate their requests for holiday periods along the next year, following limits on number of days and number of persons able to take the same days within the same period. A must have feature, even if it takes a couple of years to bring it to life.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow employees to decline Open shifts so theyremove from their list of open shifts

currently open shifts list all open shifts you requested or didn't request.
    if there could be a step to decline a open shift, this will then move from their current list
    from In Progress to Done
    This way employees know which shifts they said they are available to and are waiting for approval without needing to open each entry

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cannot offer shifts to members of different shifts group

In shifts you can separate members into multiple groups. I have mine separated into regular workers and managers. Managers have a different schedule than regular workers. I do not want regular workers to be able to offer or swap hours with a manager and vice versa.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shifts - Team Vacation Limit on Days

Add an ability to set a limit on the number of vacations for one day so that the Team is always staffed and avoids too many workers being on vacation

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a custom list of "Activities"

Create a drop-down of "Activities" on the Shifts App in Teams so that we can track more activities than simply "lunch" or "break".

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.