Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. headset for Teams for linux

I have seen a lot of posts and queries on the Internet with users trying to figure out what hardware works with MS Teams client for Linux. Has anyone found hardware that works with the Linux MS Teams client? I either need a wireless solution or a wired USB solution that can reach at least 10ft/3m. 15ft/4.5m would certainly reach.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. List of features that Linux lacks

New Meeting Experience
    Reactions
    Yellow tint around profile picture when hand is raised
    blur background
    Large Gallery and Together mode (looks like it rolled out for web, it might shortly come to insiders version I guess)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pop out meeting window in Linux client

In the Windows client, meetings pop-out of the Teams client, so it is possible to be in a meeting (e.g. with a presentation shared), but also able to reply or interact with other chat or Teams channels during the meeting.

In the Linux client, since the window does not pop-out, when one switches to other chat/channel to reply to something, the meeting is minimized in a corner of the Teams client window, thus limiting the ability of a user to interact with other chat/channels while in the meeting, as they would loose details.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. relinquishing control during screen sharing

Because of the WFH nature of employment, there are a lot of people needing IT support. Its very difficult to work with IT departments when you can't give control of your screen to them while screen sharing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Opening device settings menu in a call results in mic not working any more

Using Linux (ubuntu 20.04) If the device settings menu is opened during a call (for example if the call began and you want to switch to the headset mic), if you open the device settings during a call, you will become muted and later receive a message saying that your mic is not working. the only way to fix this is usually drop out of the call and restart teams.
    zoom doesn't have this issue. I have tried using multiple computers and versions of linux and experienced the same issue each time, so it seems like a bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Screen share without call and remote control

There is a 5.6k voted post about it and it seems like it was implemented but its not and some people need this implementation for linux clients. And lacking remote control is still holding us back. Please get those features in linux too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Office for Linux

With the new release of Mac Big Sur Mac gets way more unattractive. Apple moves further Intonation possibility to lockdown lots of great Software Development.
    I will definitely not switch to Microsoft Windows (sorry guys) but if you would bring Office to Linux my next PC would be definitely NOT a Mac :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don't prevent minimizing to system tray on some window managers

Trying to minimize or close the client from clients taskbar doesn't work.
    The client stays open no matter what, even dwm's window kill command doesn't work. If I uncheck the option On close, keep the application running the client closes and exits just fine, but I would like to keep it running and minimize it to the system tray.

I'm running Archlinux with dwm and Teams client version is 1.3.00.16851. I don't know if this is just an Archlinux + dwm issue or if it is present on other distro + wm combos.

Log file after trying to close from…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Linux app is nowhere offered for download or installation

The Linux app is NOT offered here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app

Using Teams from a web browser running under Linux, there is offered at the bottom left the option to "Download Desktop App" and it also links to the above mentioned webpage for downloading the Teams app - but unfortunately only Windows and Mobile apps are offered there.

After weeks having been stuck with the web browser version only, which does not provide the "share screen" functionality, I finally found the Linux instructions in your answer supporting this customer question:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/3746/provide-repository-installation-instructions-inste.html

You should place a link from the top mentioned, general download page…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Device settings on Linux application is broken

The Linux Application for Teams has an issue where I cannot select the Microphone or the web cam. This works fine on the web client but not on the Linux client. Since I am aware that development was likely done using electron, I would imagine that there is something blocking hardware access.

My first day using Teams has been real positive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Viewing pdf in linux client resulted in black page with dumped core

Whenever I view a pdf file or attachment, it will appear briefly and then turn black. In my journald it shows that process "teams" have dumped core

I'm on Arch x64. The package I use is from here https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/teams/
    Version: 1.3.00.5153 (64-bit).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bring back Teams-Native notification to Linux client!

It came to my attention that Microsoft ditched the teams-native notification in favor of Linux native notifications (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/374327/banner-notifications-doesn39t-appear.html?childToView=376786#comment-376786).

Can we have them back even if it's opt-in? Native Linux notifications vary from distribution to distribution and don't provide a uniform experience for the user. Also, I very much prefer to leave teams with their own native notification system and kept the Linux notification to system-related stuff.

Because of the removal of teams-native notifications, I have not updated the teams ever since 1.3.00.16851, which was, as far as I know, the last linux version that has those notifications.

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remote Server Admin Tools for Linux Powershell

The lack of a standard RSAT and Hyper-V administration tools for Linux really prevents cross-platform control. It's easy to control Linux via Windows, but if I want Linux to be the primary driver, it's much more difficult.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to join meeting from link in Linux

The latest upgrade to the client broke the feature that allows you to join a meeting from an link in our organization.
    When clicking the link the browser launches and start up the Teams client, however, you no longer join the meeting. Instead the Teams application launches and does nothing.
    As a workaround my collegues have to manually call me so I can join.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix audio devices breaking and actually update Teams.

When adding a new audio output device, then switching to it, the microphone input no longer works. The only way to switch to a new output device is to restart Teams.

Also please actually update Teams for Linux, like support for different views and a 3x3 grid. I use it for school every single day and having the new things for Teams like on Windows would make everything so much better, like the updated call interface.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. sign in does not work when account has guest access to a team

I just got invited to a team as a guest. But now I cannot sign in to my Teams app in Ubuntu. The below message is what it shows to me (masked my account and guest domain)

Request Id: 6a5af920-6271-4931-9165-2d57f7e21e00
    Correlation Id: 5bd82a43-bd19-4636-a252-76bcf5d9b2ad
    Timestamp: 2020-11-02T15:21:28Z
    Message: AADSTS50020: User account 'xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.com' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'yyyyyyyyyy.com' and cannot access the application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How to Stop Sharing Desktop Screen when I use Ubuntu 18.04?

Hi,
    I'm using Teams version (1.3.00.16851) on Ubuntu 18.04.
    When I sharing my desktop Screen, it's Fine, it can be shared .
    But I cannot stop Sharing (Cannot find any button or Icon), only have red sharing border.
    So I cannot turn back to Teams.

I also tried on Windows, it's work fine.

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Meet Now doesn't work in the Linux native app

I'm currently using Ubuntu 16.04 and have the very latest Teams package installed (You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.25560 (64-bit))

If i try join start or join a meeting (using the Meet Now button) I just get a popup saying "Try a different browser" or download the desk top app.
    ...from inside the desktop app?

Meet Now should work on Linux, and this popup should never happen from the desktop client.
    Additionally...i have the latest version of Chrome installed too so its not detecting that im actually using the desktop app or have the latest version of chrome installed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Linux runaway thread

After the end of every video call, Teams leaves a running thread that spins one of my cores at 100% until I shut down the app. Subsequent calls do not start a second spinning thread.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base