Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams/Sharepoint File organization/Syncing/Flexibility

For large account teams, we are using Teams sub-channels for specific Project discussion. The problem is we have MANY of these and each Teams channel dynamically creates a new Folder of that name in the Root team Documents Folder.

We do not want to organize our files the same way we organize our chats.
    We would like to be able to move individual Project folders under a master "Projects" folder so the overall Sharepoint is easier to navigate. When we try this however, Teams does not save/remember that the folder has been moved and creates a new duplicative project folder…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get rid of Wiki and replace with Onenote as default tab

Wiki is confusing to users. It looks like OneNote but does very little to facilitate note taking, like OneNote does. It is so hard to deal with o365 in general because there are so many overlapping options. Adding Wiki to it add unnecessary complexity.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove legacy OneNote Tabs

Now that we can add a tab connection to a fully functional OneNote notebook, we need to be able to remove the legacy OneNote tabs that are locked to a single "General" section.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Office365 myApps Integration in MS Teams

We setup MS Teams for some teams in our company. What i miss is the option to add a new tab which contains the myApps from the office365 Portal. We developed own enterprise Apps which are accessible over the 0365 portal but i need to append them in MS Teams to the single user.
    Add a Website with "myapps.microsoft.com" or "portal.office.com" are shown in MS Teams but they wont work. Any future plans for integration?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Iteration/Sprint from VSTS

Currently the extension tab only allows showing Kanban board for Epic/Feature/Stories. It would be very helpful to allow tab to show iteration/sprint!

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneNote Section Group

I'd like the ability to create a OneNote Section Group under a Channel. When asking for a Tab Name allow user to identify it as a section group. Provide navigation to sections in Section group similar to OneNote experience.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stream videos in a grid view of Teams Tab

Currently when a Stream channel added in Teams as tab, it shows videos only in a single row having Next> and <Previous buttons.
    My suggestion is and it will be convenient for users "to have videos in a grid view" and if videos are more than a single page, the vertical scroll be will be used. (Sample attached)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Image Tab

Add Image Tab so user can see all the images or screen shots that have been shared. Our organization is about 600 people used by R&D so all we do is send screen shots back and forth.

It would be nice to see a preview of the image so if you have a bunch, its easier to spot the image you are looking for instead of having to open them all and search.

It would also be helpful to add the name of the person who added the image/file. If you are in a group chat with multiple people, you…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. student view

Please give the teachers an "student view" button for the tabs, so they can see what the student is looking at without having to log in as a dummy student, or ask a student to share their screen. We really need this option ASAP.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams tab app identification icons

I'd like to see little icons or something next to the tabs in Teams channels that would identify which app is behind that tab.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide support for customization of default view in Files tab or Shared Document library

Provide support for customization of default view in Files tab or Shared Document library.

For any SharePoint list, we can customize default list view by adding our custom button and changing the appearance of view, Custom column display etc.

The same customization should available for
    Files tab or Any SharePoint document library

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Move and/or Copy Tabs

It should be made possible to move and/or copy tabs between Channels and Teams. i.e. using drag and drop or from the tab drop down menu (with rename, remove options)

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a sort by newest/oldest to the Wiki Files and Conversation section please!

Add a sort by newest/oldest to the Wiki, Files and Conversation section please!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Power BI tab that applies a value to a filter/slicer

In the configuration of a Power BI tab, after selecting a report/dashboard to be rendered in that tab, I want to be able to pick any filter(s)/slicer(s) from the Power BI report/dashboard, and set default value(s) for those filter(s)/slicer(s).

So that, for example: my company has 5 sales groups, one for each region. Each sales group has its own Teams site. We could create a single Power BI report that includes a filter/slicer on the "Region" field. In the Teams site for 'Region Z', I could add a Power BI tab which, by default, sets that filter to Region =…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it better for Android tablet

The current version of Teams on Android Tablet is very rudimentary, just a stretched out version of mobile app. You really have to make it better. I currently use browser version my S3 tab and that's a shame!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Folders available for tabs

Creating tabs within tabs. Allowing tabs to be joined and creating a larger tab to put files and other needed tabs within it.

Similar to OneNote

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pictures App Tab

Right now, the only way to browse through pictures that are stored in our SharePoint Pictures app is to embed it into a Web Tab. It would be much nicer if the Pictures app had its own tab.

Thanks

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Kanban tab for a different VSTS login

When I try to add the VS Kanban tab it says I have to use my Microsoft Teams account. Currently I have two accounts, one is used for Office 365 and Teams, the other is used for VSO.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Connect Team Tab to Team Services with a different Microsoft Account

I would like to add a tab to my Team Services account, however it does not seem to allow me to connect to my Team Services account (which is a Microsoft Account not a O365 account)

I get the following error:

Sorry, you signed in as (xxxxxxx) <xxxxxxx@***.co.uk> in the Microsoft account directory. You must sign in as yyyyyy <yyyyyy@yyy.com> in the YYY directory as that is the user signed in to Microsoft Teams.

As it stands I have no way to connect my Teams with Team Services.

Note: I can use Connectors to receive notifications into channels…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide automatic authentication for users when accessing a SharePoint Online site through a Website Tab

Provide integrated authentication for users when accessing a SharePoint Online site through a Website Tab in the Teams App. The current user experience is that users are prompted for credentials (including MFA if configured) each time they start the Teams App. The behavior can be repeated by closing the app through the Quit option in the Teams system tray icon. The user experience would be greatly improved by providing an automatic logon with current username and password similar to Windows Internet Option security settings. Reference O365 support ticket #:11573773 where case was reviewed with a Senior Escalation Engineer and informed…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base