Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If it wouldn't lag so much

Like every time I enter it doesn't let me do my assignments before their due.Please fix this teams it is extremely irritating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow admin configuration of what appears when clicking to add a tab

In the Teams Admin Center, make it possible to choose what appears when you click + to add a tab in a channel. Currently we have no options to show/hide or organize what appears on this menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New Window page to be opened while chosing from favorites tab

While a page in the browser is open and while we choose the links from favorites button then the page opens in the same window. Instead we can make an option to open in new window rather than from the same Window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to instigate a conversation on a tab using the IOS app.

Currently I am not able to start a conversation against a tab on the APPLE IOS app. I can contribute to an existing conversation as it appears in my chat history. I have attached a pic of the options available for a tab in IOS where perhaps an option for conversations can be placed. This should be an easy thing to add.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tab-like navigation between Teams

Especially annoying when I'm deep in a file hierarchy, if I navigate to a different Team, then click on the original Team, I lose my place in the hierarchy. This action should behave more like the back button: taking me to the place within the Team where I left off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Could Conversation tab to be more like Yammer-tab in Teams Class?

In most cases the Conversation tab, Files and Class Notebook tab are useless in Teams Class. I think Conversation tab could look more like Yammer or even replaced by Yammer-tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. People

When contact email ID or name is searched it shows in people tab and tab is not opened. It don’t even show as auto populated contact in search text box. Sometimes I feel clueless thinking did I enter wrong contact details. If contact is found then people tab should be shown with filtered contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tab name abbreviation by default

The longer the name of a Tab, the less space available for new visible tabs. It would be space wise to get names abbreviatted by default to allow for more visible tabs, while full name is kept and shown on mouse over on each Tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. OneNote: Option to have Original Tab Configuration

Currently the Teams OneNote tabs are on the left. This is destructive for longtime users who are used to having them either on top or down the right side. Any options in Teams for the original OneNote layout?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Users should be asked to sign in when accessing links of image files uploaded to file tab

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ファイルタブにアップロードした画像ファイルのリンクが、サインインなしでアクセスができてしまう

Users should be asked to sign in when accessing links of image files uploaded to file tab

■Description(内容):
    Chrom ブラウザーか、FireFox ブラウザーで Microsoft Teams のファイルタブにアップロードした画像ファイルのリンクが、時間内であればだれでもアクセスできてしまいます。
    サインインを要さずにファイルにアクセスができてしまうのはセキュリティリスクがあるため、当該動作を制限する機能を強く要望します。

Links of image files uploaded to Microsoft Teams file tab via Chrome or Firefox can be accessed by anyone if links is not expired yet.
    This should be a problem in terms of security risks, I hope you to provide feature to restrict users to access those links without sign in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Moving OneNote files into a preferred folder created at the File tab on Microsoft Teams client

It would be great if I can move OneNote files from the File tab on Microsoft Teams.
    Currently, we have to move OneNote files from document library in SharePoint Online into created folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. yammer tab

Yammer Tab not available in Tab (+) list in Teams that already have a Yammer Connector.

I can add the Yammer tab to Teams without Yammer connectors configured and I can add Yammer connectors after adding the Yammer Tab but I can't install the Yammer Tab in Teams that have existing Yammer connectors configured.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can't View the Classic site

Can't View the Classic site of SPO from [Add Tab].

[Repro steps]
    1. [Add Tab] - [Web Site]
    2. Add The Classic Site of SPO
    3. An unexpected error occurs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tooltip or Bubble Help on Tabs

As tab name lengths are limited either due to actual size limits or screen/window restate, it would be nice to have a tooltip pop up referencing a longer description of the tab's purpose. This would mean adding a new description field when creating a new tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Conversation Tab

Is there an option to make the conversation tab private? I'm aware of the chat feature. I'd like to allow users to submit questions privately

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add an existing form

The option to add an existing form is not working properly. I have used this feature in the past without issue. It seems the radio buttons for each option are not always visible/selectable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show the Team name with the Channel name while on the Files tab

When on a tab that allows maximizing such as Files or Wiki, you can't tell which team you are looking at while maximized. Only the Channel name is shown.

This is especially confusing when on the General channel, as every team has a General Channel. Many teams in my organization give their Channels similar names, furthering the confusion.

There is plenty of space to include the Team name next to the Channel Name, which would make it easier to figure out where you are when multitasking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. All of my tabs just disappeared!!!

What just happened?!?!? I've been preparing our Teams for over a month, and we are presenting it for approval this week!!! All of our tabs just DISAPPEARED! I tried different devices, different users, Owner, Member, Guest--- they are all gone! I can't even add a tab to put them back- HELP!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base