Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Recommend the existing OneNote in the SharePoint Site Assets when adding a new OneNote tab in Teams

Users should be made aware of the existing OneNote in the SharePoint Site Assets when adding a new OneNote tab in a channel.
    The dialogue could look like below to give the user the possibility to make an informed choice:

choose default notebook
    or
    add new notebook
    or
    choose other notebook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow to choose how a PowerPoint tab open by default, on View or on Edit

Now the default view when opening a PowerPoint tab is Edit view, while it used to be a Reading view, allowing for the user to easily read through the document.

Please allow the possibility to choose what type of view the PowerPoint tab open with.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When navigating on the File tab, you cannot use links, even if it forwards to another sharepoint in your org

It would be great that you can link folders of other sharepoints of your ourganization and navigathe without leaving Teams. Right now, we need to open the specific team sharepoint in a internet browser and click the link to navigate form here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remember Teams files tabs I have Sync'd

When I use a new computer, I don't want to have to go to all my teams files tabs, open in SharePoint, and press the sync button, to resync everything that I had syncing on the previous computer.

We need Teams/SharePoint/OneDrive to remember which Teams /SharePoint document libraries we had sync'd previously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A feature to obtain OneNote files which are associated with Teams tab

I would like you to implement a feature to obtain OneNote files and URLs which are associated with the Microsoft Teams tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Folder navigates back to home, when I go to a file in other tab.

When I got to a document in different tab, the sub folder I am in the current tab, goes back to home folder. It should remain in the same folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Viewing attachments within sites that are viewed in tabs

We have our BMC Smart IT site visible in a tab in TEAMS. This is our ticketing system. When we click on an attached document the screen flashes then nothing. We finally figured out that TEAMS is downloading the file but unlike when Chrome downloads a file we are not getting any warning or way to then open the document. It should at least behave as Chrome does or open the default browser with the docuement or the native app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring back the Meetings shortcut within Teams

You had it before, and I want it back. Bring back the Meetings Tab/Shortcut within Team. You replaced it with a calendar view, and it sucks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change Calendar button/view back to meeting view OR have both

I really liked the way the "Meeting" tab showed my schedule for the day on the left & a preview window on the right. It was much more helpful that way as I could have the preview open & still see what I have going on the rest of the day. A few days ago, the tab changed to "Calendar" and I no longer have the same view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reimagine Activity Feed on Mobile

On mobile Teams, the first thing I see is the least important information: emoji reactions to some posts. First, if ask for these to have an option to be removed from the feed.
    I feel the feed should display important information that the user may not have realized, or to review.
    Information that I feel should be here include: contacts that are out of office or have returned in the last 3 days, reviewing recent meeting notes or multiple person conversations over a short time, and when your next meeting is.
    I feel this should be more like a splash…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Request for improvement of WEB site tab

If you add the Microsoft Forms shared URL to the WEB site tab, it will be in English.
    I hope to improve this behavior

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Web tab do not send accept-language header. I watch site for optimisation language never.

I want ja-jp site. but I watch site for english(default).
    Because web tab do not send accept-language header.

I need change web tab specification.you should change send accept-language header from Teams user setting language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Embed SharePoint Page in a Static Tab

It is not possible to create a personal app with a static tab that displays a SharePoint page because the authetication fails at this point.

There are many companies using Teams as their main communication plattform without building intranet-structures in SharePoint.

To make selected ressources available through an app we need a supported way on how to do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Start menu bar should be flexible to allow changes ; Conversation after File or after any other App Tab

Start menu bar should be flexible to allow changes ; Conversation after File or after any other App Tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add organization-specific tab to help center

In the 'Help' area (left-hand navigation), allow us to add a content page (tab) that is information specific to our organization which could include who to contact, how to get user training within the organization, how to request access, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Back arrow while Tab

There is no way go back when you are in a tab (let's say tab webpage slack or any page). The back arrow in the top left corner brings the 1st tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to search for report when adding new Power BI tab

I have access to thousands of Power BI reports and finding the right one to add to a teams tab is painful because I have to scroll and scroll and scroll to the right one. It would be much better to have the option to search by report name/description.

Also there are many reports with the same name, so adding the url, workspace, or some identifier which would let me tell them apart would be helpful so I don't have to try every possible report call "Quarterly Business Review" to find the right one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base