Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar | Inherited the category colors from Outlook

In Outlook a user can create category options with colors and text to organize her/his calendar. When I view my calendar from MS Teams, I can see all my meetings but not the category color options. Please allow a user to see the exact same calendar in MS Teams as it displays in Outlook

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Meeting Options - who can present?

When people create a new meeting in a CLASS TEAMS, the default "Who can present?" option should be "Only me".

Since it is usually teachers who present, they should naturally be the only one to present. If they want to share the control of the meeting, they will change during the meeting.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Date format in Planner/Teams

Date format in Planner scheduling within Teams does not adjust to format selected at Office365 home page.

I want AU format in all apps. 30-Sep-15 or 30/09/15 etc

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Access to User Calendar via Status / Presence Indicator

The status / presence indicator is very helpful and I know better functionality is in the works. I would really like to see access to a user's calendar from the indicator.

Typical use case: I'd like to chat with or have a meeting with someone (often from the Chat area, where my persistent conversation with that person is saved). I notice they are away or busy via the status indicator. Rather than interrupt them, I'd like to look at their schedule to get a sense of what they are doing and when they might be available. I'd like to schedule…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Asynchronous Chat Meetings

People love to schedule reoccurring meetings for status updates. It would be awesome to have a scheduled chat thread that reoccurs like a calendar meetings, but that let's people respond withing a window (you can start a conversation when it opens up and you must participate in the chat by the time the window closes, otherwise you're marked absent). This would be a great way to discourage meetings that would better be left as threaded conversations. You could also use this for one off conversations instead of a meeting where you want to get participation from all those invited, but…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Set Assignments due date in calendar.

When I send assignments to my pupils they see them only in the channel or when they go to assignments. But what is missing is a clear and easy view of all assignments they have to do in all subjects. I would suggest, that the assignment is getting synchronized with the calendar and the due date ist set in the calendar with the title of the assignment.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. meeting reminders should get popped up..user should able to fix the reminder popp up setting prior to meeting

At present Microsoft teams is not popping up the notifications for the meetings..so the popp up of reminders should come and user should able to fix the reminder setting for every meeting .

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow me to paste a semi-colon/comma separated list of email addresses into meeting invite

When creating meeting invites for large groups of internal and external people, I'd like to be able to paste the entire list of attendees' email addresses in one go, like I can in outlook, into the distribution on the meeting request, rather than having to add them all one by one, waiting for each to validate as it is now. Email addresses could be comma or semi-colon separated!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. After a defined time, Link to a specific meeting should be expired.

After a defined time, Link to a specific meeting should be expired. So that participants should not to be able to join an ended meeting.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Delegation access to view other calendars

To increase productivity and time management, it would be a great resource for Executive Assistants to have delegation access to view Executives calendars.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add some features to Microsoft Teams calendar

Add following features to Microsoft Teams calendar:

・A setting that shows calendars in the monthly view
    ・A setting that creates private meeting items

If we could see monthly schedules, it would be easier to manage cross-week schedules.
    For Teams meetings, if we could create them as confidential, we would be able to use private meetings.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Calendar View in Teams

Include more calendar viewing options in Meetings tab. Rather than being limited to just Day and Agenda, can we also have weekly and monthly views?

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Outlook calendar

Should be a way to change the organizer of the meeting to a new person. We use recurring meetings often at our company. If the admin person leaves or project gets reassigned we want to be able to keep the room bookings, etc and just change ownership. Multi month projects here mean people change before completion. Thanks!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. color code appointments

I would like to color code my appointments based on what they are. A color choice could be made when invites are accepted, or have the ability to color code ourselves on the calendar with a right click.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Invite response selections

When sending a meeting invite (in COVID) and beyond we need to know how many people will actually attend in person and how many will join via Teams.

Suggestion to create a invite feature to respond "Attending onsite", "Attending via Teams", "Decline".

Suggestion 2 is to remove the "Tentative" option for some meetings.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow import of Google Calendar(s) to Microsoft Teams

My team uses a number of existing Google Calendars to track events, projects, remote workers, etc. Right now a huge roadblock for getting them to transition over completely to MSFT Teams instead of using slack+zoom+google drive+etc. is the ability to integrate the massive amounts of data & history currently on those google calendars.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sync calendar from gmail / outlook

Sync calendar from gmail / outlook

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding multiple attendees in one go by copying multiple Emails

After clicking on Calendar, selecting particular date, time zone and we click on new meeting, multiple Emails can't be added in "Add required attendees". Everytime manual Email IDs of each persons is required to be entered. It takes huge time for one by one adding of Email of meeting of 100 people.

Please provide feature in Calender, New Meeting to add multiple Emails in "add required attendees" with whom we want to arrange microsoft team meeting in one go.

Also make same features for optional attendees also.

You can contact me on my Mobile No. +91-9879072060 (India) for more clarity

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a signature line to calendar invitations

Add a signature line to calendar invitations

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Extended calendar functionality in Teams

There doesn’t appear to be any way to see a view of your calendar in Teams than 2 weeks, nor to navigate through to select a specific day to view – you have to scroll through day by day.
    Reason the longer (eg month) view matters is that you do have to keep switching back to Outlook for a month or longer view - eg; looking at cancelling some recurring meetings over the extended holiday period - can't do that in Teams till 2x week prior to meeting occurring.

Are there any plans to enable an extended calendar view, or…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base