Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to be able to view other users 'calendars in teams' calendars like Outlook calendars

I want to be able to view other users 'calendars in teams' calendars like Outlook calendars.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. calendar month view

i need to be able to see the calendar in a month view - not just a daily or weekly view .

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want the calendar to be a project specific calendar; not my outlook calendar.

Need project specific calendar when you select the calendar icon.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Calendar with monthly view

I get frustrated everytime I've scheduled meetings for the next week and I can only filter my calendar view per day/work week/week...

It'd be very helpful if I could have a monthly view, or at least "next week".

I barely noticed I could change the dates on the top left side of the screen. It'd be helpful to see the calendar as a real calendar, showing the 30 days of the months in a total view.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add a month calendar view

I need the option to view by month.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. create option to view monthly, two-month calendar

create option to view monthly, two-month calendar

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Outlook Calendar Invitation TO Microsoft Team Channel

Allow to invite a Team Channel via Outlook and allow invitees to respond and save the meeting invitation to their Outlook calendar from the Team Channel. Currently:
    Scenario 1: I scheduled a meeting through Microsoft Outlook. I invited a specific Microsoft Team Channel (email address). The invitation appears in the Team Channel. However, members of that Team Channel are unable to add it to their calendars. It does not allow them to respond (accept, tentative, decline).

Scenario 2: I scheduled a meeting through Microsoft Outlook. I invited only myself. I, then forwarded that meeting invitation as an ICS to a…

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shared team calendar automatically created when you create a team

It is ridiculous that Microsoft Teams does not create a shared team calendar for all group members within the Teams app. Seems like a pretty basic feature that should already be included. I do not need to see my calendar, but a shared calendar would be very helpful for all the events the team needs to track.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Calendar - Allow categorizing in Teams, and also bring Outlooks' categorization over

Allow categorizing in Teams (colors), and also bring Outlook's categories over into teams.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow editing Outlook meetings in Teams without adding Teams meeting coordinates.

Creating a meeting in outlook that isn't a teams meeting, then editing it in teams results in a Join button and the teams join information footer being added to the meeting.

It would be nice to have controls to disable this functionality, either at the org level or per user level and via the calendaring apis available through Graph.

Alternatively, allow the Teams/no Teams switch like in Outlook inside Teams.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams does not allow me setup a recurring meeting that happens 3 times a week

I have a meeting that occurs Mon Wed Fri every week, I found I couldn't setup a meeting schedule like this as I did in outlook. Instead, I have to setup 3 different meetings, can you please improve that? Thanks

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to display user calendar in chat-tab

Please add ability to display users Outlook calendar on its own tab when chatting. Like the organization view. It would help a lot when you are planning a meeting and you don't have to jump in to Outlook to find time that suits for the both of you.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple Team Calendars

Is there not a way to have multiple calendars per Team? Things like Project schedules, Team member availability, meeting times, just to name a few, combining all these on a single calendar may be messy and unwanted.

Please add a way to add more calendars to a Team.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When adding new person to meeting, have popup to send updates to just that person or all attendees as it is in Outlook currently

Currently in Outlook, a popup comes up when you add a new person to a meeting and click Send Update and it allows you to choose whether to send to the new person or everyone. Teams does not do that currently, it sends the update to everyone. Can this be added?

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shared Calendar in Teams

Working in a team of +/- 20 people, I had managed to create a calendar tab in Teams from the URL of the calendar tab in Sharepoint. Unfortunately you changed the whole thing again (since July) and I can't create any events in the shared calendar anymore, not even edit the existing ones! We absolutely need a shared calendar, this is the most basic thing in a collaborative tool!!!!

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change first workday of a workweek

There is at the moment no way to change the workweek from starting at Monday. The calendar/schedule assistant shows the first workday as Sunday.

Outlook has a setting under File - Options - Calender, where users can opt to change their First Workday of the Week.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Additional time zones in Team Calendar (like in Outlook)

In outlook calendar you can add second or third time zones and it really helps to co-ordinate meetings in a global team. Would like to see similar feature in Teams as well.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams status - Outlook Calendar

Allow us the option to disable status updates integration with Oultook calendar. Skye has this option in settings and for some reason Teams doesn’t.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate Team chatting from Calendar meeting (keeping chat data with meeting)

Merge the idea of chat with the context of a meeting. Preference is to keep chat data with the calendar meeting so as to not pollute the Teams or Chat tabs.

Option to email all meeting participants with Chat log or subscribe for updates.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base