Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Non Persistent VDI

Support for Non-Persistent VDI. Currently Teams desktop App installs in the user App folder this means it can't be placed on the base image of non persistent VDI environments.

Are there any plans to provide an alternative install for VDI. Currently we are installing Teams at login for VDI users as a work around.

565 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

100 comments  ·  VDI Platfom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proper MSI Installer for VDI

The recent MSI installer isn't really what people are asking for. It doesn't actually install to program files. It just puts an installer in program files which then installs to the users app data. This doesn't work for me at all.

In a non-persistent VDI environment the application has to install on every login (unless I roam appdata/local which I don't want to do). This isn't the end of the world as it's fairly quick but the problem comes when you also use Yammer. Yammer has the same weird install method and when both teams and yammer try to install…

437 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  VDI Platfom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  VDI Platfom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →