Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A feature to obtain the date for the last activity such as file sharing or chatting per team

We can check Teams usage on Microsoft Teams admin center but can’t review the last activity date or what activity has been done. Because I want to know more detailed information for activities in Teams, so I would like you to implement a feature to obtain the date for the last activity and what activity has been done.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CQD and Call Analytics integration

I'm looking for a way to find which individual calls were of poor quality - detail of the percentage reported in CQD.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to modify call forwarding and call delegation as admin

The ability to modify call forwarding and/or call delegation as (Teams/M365) admin via Admin Center and/or PowerShell. E.g. if a user becomes unavailable due to sickness or else it's helpful to have this ability. It is intended to manage these user settings under certain circumstances which not allow the user to do this by him/herself as usually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option for Teams admin to specify which channels users follow

It would be helpful for IT Pro's deploying Teams to be able to allocate which users follow which channels in certain Teams. For example, a Finance Department may have 12 Channels, but when you deploy it you only want the people in that Team to immediately see specific Channels, not all of them

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make Teams a PWA and distribute it through Microsoft Store

Teams on Windows is basically a web wrapper. It would make sense to turn Teams into a PWA, which would then make it possible to distribute Yammer through Microsoft Store, or make it able for users to just add it as a PWA app in browsers such as Chrome and Edge.

This would bring a lot of positive impact, like
    * Easier for users: True single experience across all platforms and screen resolution and ratio
    * Easier for developers: Less code to maintain for the developers
    * Easier for sysadmins: Don't have to keep a MSI in Intune up to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mac Version Isn't Sequential, Breaks Automation

Your current Mac version available for download as of Jan 25 2019 installs an app with version 1.00.21761.

The previous version was apparently 1.00.131953

While 1.00.21 is a higher version than 1.00.13 unfortunately for any software that take into account the entire version string (like automated updaters/patching tools) version 1.00.131953 is a whole 110,192 versions *ahead* of 1.00.21761 :-/

This leads to scenarios where Teams may auto-update itself to x.21761 but automated patching sees that the version is now below the x.131953 version in our software repository and so re-installs that version. A fun loop.

Then when we add .21761…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use SharePoint site design of source template

When you create new Teams team you can pick another team as a template. However created SharePoint site uses default site design. I would like to either
    1. use site design of the source team template sharepoint site
    or
    2. allow me to pick which site design will be used on creation of SharePoint site for new team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the conversation tab move-able to the end....

We should be able to move the conversation tab around or change the number order..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Retrieve the audit log for a specific team in Teams

I would like you to enable to retrieve the audit log for a certain team in Teams by using Search-UnifiedAuditLog cmdlt.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When we began using this service we could hear an indicator there was an incoming call. We've checked our end and we're fine. PLEASE HELP!

Please fix the sound indicator on your system! There is no indication there's an incoming call. we have checked our end and everything is fine. It was working but is no longer. If this is not fixed we will be forced to abandon this system!!!!!
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How to migrate Outlook (PST) to Windows Live Mail (EML) file format?

Outlook to Windows Live Mail Converter Tool This software converts Outlook PST files to Windows Live Mail EML file format. Data migrated from Outlook PST can be easily imported into Windows Live Mail. This tool supports Windows 8/10 / XP / Vista (32/64 bits). Users can download the free edition of the Outlook Software to Windows Live Mail Converter to analyze the work process of the Software.

For more information, visit here: - https://www.spikevare.com/outlook/windows-live-mail/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. classification availble in Graph and PowerShell New-Team

When we build form for Creating teams using a Self-Service portal we would like to be able to use "Classification parameter" this one is reserved for Microsoft internal today. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/teams/set-team?view=teams-ps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams is ridiculous and useless.

YOU'RE MAKING ME USE 3 PROGRAMS JUST TO HAVE A CONVERSATION. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I just want to sign in to skype for business and chat with my client, but NO. Now I have to have Teams downloaded to IM, but still Skype to call them, and then Outlook to send an email. You're ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Resolve "Welcome to the Team" issue

I made a Team several months ago. For some reason a "Welcome to the Team" message suddenly came up, won't leave, and won't let me see posts. We tried taking me off the team and putting me back on, but I still can't see posts, just notification icons. I'm assuming this issues is happening to more than just me, and I think Teams would be better if this issue was resolved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can teams be synced with active directory and used on layer 2 (without internet)

can you make it with an intranet feature to allow for closed cloudless communication

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Trim away Enter (new line character) in the description field

It's hopeless to do any serious powershell scripting on Teams (Get-UnifiedGroups etc) when users have filled out descriptions with lots of Enter (new line). It breaks the output if you want to export it to CSV. Please trim those special characters away and do better input validation (max 448 characters or AAD Connect Group Writeback fails).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How to recover bellsouth password

Get bellsouth related errors solutions via the technical support experts as how to recover bellsouth password,bellsouth password not accepting etc.For bellsouth solution call 1855-345-8210 toll free number for help.

https://www.outlooktechnicalhelpline.com/how-to-recover-bellsouth-password/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Partner Admin of customer tenant Teams fails when Partner User is also a Guest

Scenario is that a partner admin is trying to administer teams via PartnerCenter passthrough credentials to arrive at Teams Admin portal. Upon getting to the portal, if the logged in Partner level user is also coincidentally a guest in the tenant you're trying to administer, the guest permissions take a higher priority or precedent instead of the Partner Admin credentials and the Admin is therefore blocked from providing the customer tenant assistance as required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Explain the cause and reason for Teams being installed

Not sure what this is asking... "my area"? I work in R&D. I'm just writing to provide feedback that the Teams installer ran this morning when I restarted my PC and I really want to know what it is, what caused the installer to run, and what the point of it is... but none of that information is made available. Who caused it? Was it my own IT department, or something from Microsoft? If the former, it would be most appropriate to issue a message on the opening screen saying so. If it is from Microsoft's own initiative, then who…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base