Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. slash commands are a must-have

Slash commands for just about every type of function are a must have. They are familiar and easy to use without having to touch your mouse, they are UI-agnostic. Admittedly not terribly discoverable – but the UI is even worse, as their is no real option for auto-completion of UI elements, now is there?

1,601 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

53 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Improve chat history search

It looks like those designing the Chat are not really using it. Searching the chat history is still an awful experience:
      1. When you are in a conversation with a person and want to search for something, you want BY DEFAULT the results from the conversation with THAT person. But no, the smart designer of Chat was thinking to flood you first with a lot of results and then to ask you for few additional clicks to filter what you need...
      Please change the default to show the results for the current conversation or add another quick find or provide…

272 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • "Jump to Channel" Keyboard shortcut

Similar to CTRL+K kb shortcut for Slack. I use this often and I'm sure most do as well. It's much easier to just to a channel rather than click through them.

65 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Command-Line Interface to Open Directly in a Chat Thread

Skype for Business has a command line interface (CLI) where a the program can be launched and go directly to an IM chat for a specific contact. The command line for Skype is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\lync.exe" sip:%who%@BigCorpration.com

I use this in my keyboard automation software, AutoHotkeys, so that I can go directly to chat with a colleague without using the mouse, and without having focus on Skype.

Please implement in Teams.

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Main Tab for saved/tagged items

It would be nice if I could get to my Saved Item faster by having it in the main PowerBar. Also, it would be nice to tag various conversations and view them here as well.

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Let me download photos at least

I want to be able to save photos from Teams. Basically, copy Slack on everything

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base