Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. security sms needs improving

security validation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow browsers other than IE to signup for the Teams uservoice forum

When using Edge or Chrome to signup for the Microsoft Teams uservoice forum it's not possible to accept the terms of service and therefore sign up. It's fine using IE.

By comparison, the Visual Studio uservoice forum will allow signup with Chrome and Edge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. go ahead and log in

Hi,
    I've been using teams for a while, but since my last password change I can't log in. The windows application is continually stuck at "Go ahead and log in." I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared my credential cache of all msteam* items. I can't seem to get in regardless of anything of tried. I can still log in through the web application, but the windows app is not working at all.
    Thanks,
    Jon

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 10 Minute Rapid sign up

Let's suppose I am in one of the following situations:

• I'm a teacher or lecturer with a class full students.

• I'm at a conference doing a presentation

I want to create a team and add all the people as members. Which would be doable if I had a list of everyone's email. But often teachers don't have instant access to all of their students email addresses. Rarely would presenters know the emails of all the guests.

At present I could get a link for my team. Then convert that to QR code then project that on the wall or include…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Explain what the product does

I'd like to learn what the product does. I did not find a Help link within the window of the product. The product was imposed on me through some project within my company. I do not understand the purpose of Microsoft Teams - it seems like a chat application. What is the benefit?!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. interface is vey poor

App will not open to recent chats. It is not customizable in that way. It will not let you delete a channel. When you click "Chats", it won't show your Team chats, only these private ones. The Activity screen doesn't show you recent team chats. The app is called "Teams" for goodness sake. But the hardest thing to get to is the most basic team chat. WhatsApp, Messenger, GroupMe, and basically all text apps have this simplicity. You're Microsoft! You should do much much better with this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams Overview

Why don't you start with a flow diagram or road map of what the product is comprised and what each component in the system is connected and what it accomplishes. Seems I have to draw my own overview diagrams to understand the new app based applications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Small Interface Improvements

Hello again everyone,

As i am burning the last few minutes of the work day and am thinking about little things that could make Teams better in my estimation. They are not big issues, just little annoyances....

1) The ability to determine which tab is first in a channel. My vote would be that files would be first but I could many users wanting different tabs first. The ability for the end user to decide would be great.

2) The ability for a team to start collapsed. I will click it open if I want to see the channels below…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add tutorial for mobile version

Mobile version is a little bit different from laptop so it could be useful to make tutorial for mobile version

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Private Channels Visible to Team

Need Team and Guests to know Channel exists and may request access or be invited into the private channel as needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Education license for non-profit

Alow non-profit (but non-accredited) education oroganisations to get an A1 license so that they can still teach their students. At the minimum, provide them with the "Assignments" and "Grades" tabs. This is currently impossible and a lot of educators are forced to provide remote learning due to COVID-19. Google provides this, why does't Microsoft?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Name of Team could stay on top whenever scrolling down. I have so many Teams I am part of and I don't always know which one I am in!

I am a member of about 10 or 15 Teams (so far). When I scroll down through conversations, I don't always know which Team I am in! Some way to have name of Team more visible and stay visible while scrolling through conversations in a Team?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It's confusing

The whole app is confusing and veary hard to understand how to use properly. Adding assignments button is hidden and hard ti fing, what are folders for if i cant ad anything to them ? Why is clicking on a subject just minimasing end opening the general button and why do you need to click on a general button at all ? Mesages are ok but it could be made more redable. It's justa a confusing mess from start to the end.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Delete Microsoft Teams

I want to delete Microsoft Teams but find this is impossible to do.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create option to disable new site creation on sharepoint when new groups or teams are added

For companies that have already built out sharepoint sites without integrating teams yet (and who are looking to use teams now), the automated site creation on sharepoint is confusing and takes away from the simplicity of shareponit

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Intrusive.

Intrusive. Hard to uninstall. The fact it showed up on my computer without warning meant I deleted it straight away. It was hard to remove. This made me frustrated and mad and thus I will never use it and tell everyone I know not to use it.

Try less aggressive tactics for reaching a user base.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Chat Start UP display

When Chat is selected, it always expands every group. I have to collapse them everytime. Very annoying. There is nothing I see in set up that allows me to bring up chat with groups collapsed. Am I missing something? Or is it not possible to control this. If the later, please give us a way to control it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base