Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3cx integration

3CX integration please. Able to use the 3cx phone system via teams interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Custom DSCP option for IP Phone Configuration profile

It would be helpful if you could add additional configuration variables to the Phone Configuration profile such as ability to set custom DSCP values. For better or worse, some organizations use non-standard DSCP values for certain traffic types.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow users to receive calls from call group based on criteria like day of the week.

I have a part time team member who only works Tuesdays and Thursdays. He is a member of a call group that rings the whole team when someone calls it. Part of his job requirements is to have teams on his cell phone. I don't want to have to remember to add and remove him from the call group on days he's working. It would be nice if i could control when he receives those calls and when he doesn't so hes not constantly bombarded with calls on his mobile on his days off. and he still needs to be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Search names via the dialpad (1 is abc, 2 is def etc)

We have a physical yealink handset. With skype for business if I wanted to find the name Nick I would type in 6425 and it would find all the Nick's. In teams, I can only search using the onscreen keyboard which is cumbersome and if I press the physical dialpad buttons it just wants to dial the number I type rather than searching out a corresponding name. There's no point in having the letters printed on the number buttons (1 being abc, 2 being def etc) if they don't do any searching.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. call queues - Prompt to accept queue call.

As an Admin you should be able to disable the confirm accept call prompt for queue calls. Let me provide an example so that the request is clear:
    Customer calls call queue
    Call queue rings user
    User answers the phone
    Teams then ask the user to press one to accept the call.

That is the prompt that as a Teams Admin (Voice Admin), however, the rights get setup, you should be able to disable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Smoother integration of MS Teams with Polycom Desk Phone

I have a Polycom VVX 201 desk phone. Currently, to integrate with MS Teams, I enter my user credentials directly into the Polycom desk phone:

username myOffice365Email
    domain office.com
    email myOffice365Email
    pwd

When anyone phones my MS Teams phone number, both my iPhone 7 rings as well as the Polycom Desk phone.

NEW IDEA: using the the MS Teams app on my desktop PC, setup Polycom Desk Phone. This way, all of my devices ring simultaneously when external person rings my MS Teams phone number

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reduce latency in phone calls.

There is a time lag between transmission and reception (sometimes as much as 0.5s). This is a problem for a real-time voice conversation.

Reduce time to less than 0.1s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Assigning a Primary Device

There doesn't seem to be a way for you to choose a primary device. Currently it seems phone calls will come through to my mobile rather than my desktop Teams even when I am using it and my phone is locked. There should be a way to assign Desktop Teams as the primary for calls rather than mobile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let the user suppress the phone number for outgoing calls

It is confusing for external people if I call them with unknown numbers. In order to test calling functionality, it should be able to suppress the outgoing number. It's better to show no number than a number, that won't exist anymore when we finished testing. The formerly called person would be confused when he uses the number to call back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support for expansion modules / sidecars on desk phones

I noticed that a few phone manufacturers now support Teams on desk phones - such as the Yealink T56A, what it doesn't support is the expansion modules that are extremely useful for receptionist. Skype for Business supported the Yealink T48G and the EXP40 expansion module. The T56A supports the EXP50 module but Teams doesn't support the module, only the desk phone itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow incoming / outgoing calls + enable keypad functionality

Our Teams set-up doesn't include a keypad to make outgoing calls. This is problematic. If we are losing Skype, we need to be able to use Teams to receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need provisioning in Teams to replicate employee ID from AD

In SFB we have a column in contact card which shows employee ID's. same is not available in Microsoft Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When dialing a number please let it be visible. And make it easier to find the dial pad. Thanks

When dialing a number please let it be visible (seems obvious to help dial the right number and to let the user know that the number is being dialed). And make it easier to find the dial pad. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back the phone app

The current Teams interface is a mess of options that looks like a committee threw a bunch of ideas on a whiteboard. This means making or answering a phone call (or video call), is a cumbersome, unfriendly task. Please bring back a separate phone app that operate independently to Teams but connects in when appropriate. The all in one approach you currently have to your user interface is driving me mad. 😵

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding NetLock into Direct Routing Trusted RooCA list

Dear Support,

We are currently using Netlock public certs and trying to setup Direct Routing. I was wondering if you would be so kind to add the Netlock CA into the trusted root CAs for SBC.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/direct-routing-plan#public-trusted-certificate-for-the-sbc

Thanks,
    Laszlo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.