Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Whiteboard to during conf calls for design thinking excercises, collaborative team ideation

Whiteboard Room where the team can place simultaneously virtual post-its on a surface and shift and comment while having a conference call. Like Realtime Board or Mural.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Set up a channel to work like a "virtual room"

Set up a channel to work like a "virtual room" so that for example chat is not accessible for people outside, and you can easily turn on/off sound, mic, screen sharing and video. It is also important that you can see who is in the rooms (channels). Much like the Sococo solution does (https://www.sococo.com/) that we use today for this.

This way can we combine our virtual office environment with the team and project collaboration.

18 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Skype Room System integration needs to be completed.

Right now we get "Currently Unsupported" when trying to join a teams meeting from our skype room system. In addition to completing this, it would be great if we could add content such as slide decks to the meeting right from teams. Finally, it would be nice to call to teams from the SRS and to the SRS from teams. Finally, it should be possible to add content to the meeting after it is scheduled (not just when creating the meeting)

15 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Skype room system dual monitor

Please add dual monitor output support for Teams app on SRS. Currently, it is enabled for Skype, but not the Teams app.

Thanks!

11 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • hard to follow chat

The way chats are found in 3 places makes it really hard to reference a conversation later.

4 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Chat Rooms

Can we get the ability to put chat rooms in different colors? I keep on posting in the wrong chat room :(
              Like one chat I can make the background black and another pink, wallpapers for these chat rooms. Like the Line App. This would be EXTREMELY helpful so that way my dumb sorry self will see a diff color and know I'm not in the right place.

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Proper CEC-HDMI support for logitech Smartdock SRS kit

Is it possible to improve CEC-HDMI support for SRS ? We have TVs with CEC-HDMI and the wake on video signal from SRS feature is not working.

3 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Skype for business and Cisco endpoints

Can you use SFB and Cisco endpoints within Teams meetings? Surface hub or Crestron Mercury for example

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• It would be great if you could see the status of users in each channel and who is in the channel.

It would be great if you could see the status of users in each channel and who is in the channel.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• A streamlined way to screen share to MS Teams Hardware on the same network (ideally wirelessly) - similar to Webex Teams

Webex RoomKits make it really easy to stream to meeting room displays would love to see a really seamless experience here that minimizes latency and works well with both MacOS and Windows.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• I would like the feature that once we welect the Team room all the member name should be displaoyed and their status should be available li

I would like the feature that once we welect the Team room all the member name should be displaoyed and their status should be available like Slack. Right now once I click on team room If I would like who is onlie I have go and check the members of team room to see who is available online.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Option to book, extend, end, or cancel a meeting from the Skype Room System interface

It would be awesome if there was an option to book, extend, end, or cancel a meeting from the Skype Room System interface.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• True producer or 'Eye in the sky' features

In the GCC and Biz options, I think there should be more 'Eye in the Sky' producer options in regards to room systems. Items such as:

-Create special producer user account to setup meetings for users in your tenant or as itself.

-Remotely monitoring a broadcast without being a participant as an IT admin.

-Setting options such as record for scheduled meetings (like broadcast) when creating meeting.

As an admin dealing with higher level executives as well as non tech savvy clients, I spend a lot of time baby sitting meetings. While some of these options are associated with standard/legacy…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base