Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. unable to unmute dialed in users

When muting all users during a meeting with "mute all" it also mutes the dialed in users. However they are unable to unmute themselves as they are dialed in. There is also no way for me to unmute those users requiring them to call back in

490 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

85 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to start meeting as organizer. Stuck in virtual lobby.

Unable to start meeting as organizer. Scheduled Teams meeting via Outlook as the organizer. Went to join meeting as the organizer, signed into the desktop/app version of Teams, and was held in the lobby - waiting for someone to start the session/let me in. Unfortunately, given I was the creator/organizer, no one could get in - as I was stuck in the same lobby.

Any ideas on what may be going on?

301 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

202 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue is in our backlog, but we wanted to share a workaround that may help in the meantime. You may run into this issue if your Outlook client is logged into a different account than your Teams client.

As a workaround, when you join the meeting, make sure your Outlook client and Teams client are logged into the same account that the meeting was scheduled from.

3. Camera sideways...cant be rotated

Camera shows video sideways... Why does it not rotate according to the orientation of the tablet?

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

145 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As some comments here stated, there is a known issue where your image will rotate 90 degrees with using the non-Chromium version of Edge, typically experienced on a tablet device. We are investigating solutions.

In the meantime, some things you can try:

1) Install and use Teams for Desktop – https://products.office.com/microsoft-teams/download-app

2) Install and use the new Chromium Edge -
    https://www.microsoft.com/edge

3) Lock rotation on your device.

4) Go to Windows Settings – Display – Display orientation – select “landscape” if not already selected. If it is, switch to something else, then revert.

I’m hoping one of these solves the issue for you for now, while we continue to investigate a fix on the Teams side. Feel free to comment with what works for you, or that you’re still having the problem.

Thanks!

4. Use Teams to replace Cisco Tele-Presence

We would like to use Teams and decommission our Cisco video conference room equipment. We need to lock video from site A to display to site B and in turn have site B lock on site A.

Today the current video options allow multiple screens at one time and the conference room get reduced to either 50% or 25% depending on the number of participants that join from home or phone. We have two large offices in the US and this request is mainly for our executive team, key influencers and budget approvers.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can we please have more rooms available to book for meetings e.g. Capita House and Capita Park meeting and 121 rooms?

Have more rooms available to book for TEAMS meeting e.g. those in Dearne Valley

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there and thank you for posting a suggestion in our public Teams UserVoice. Your request isn’t controlled by our product but instead by internal IT. They manage the resource list that appears in the product. I’d suggest reaching out to the IT dept. and issuing a ticket to make your suggestion. Thanks again! Microsoft Teams

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base