Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show video for all people in Video meeting

Currently when in a video chat it only shows the active video for the last 4 people that have spoken in the chat. On the bottom bar it shows icons for all those in the chat. If it could show small video for all those in the chat that have their cameras turned on it would be beneficial. Then everyone on the video conference can see the reactions of others, whether they were the last to speak or not.

This is a problem with most video chatting applications. Google Hangouts it the only one we have found that shows video…

2,663 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

361 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View or export a list of users who attended a meeting

Currently, there is no method of viewing a list of meeting attendees after a meeting has ended.

Meeting organizers should be able to view or export a list of attendees, including enter and exit times, duration, etc.

2,292 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

309 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

396 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a "Raise Your Hand" feature in meetings

When in a meeting with multiple people it would be nice to have a way to signal that you would like to speak so that you can be called upon by the meeting organizer.

This would allow users to show they have something to say, but they do not want to interrupt

389 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Transfer active call between devices

Transfer an active call in Teams from my phone to my desktop and back. This for comming back at the office or leaving the office.

370 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Join Meeting Button

When I schedule a meeting as a Skype Meeting it adds a "Join Meeting" button to the Outlook reminder that pops up. That button does not exist when I schedule a Teams Meeting. It should.

Without that button I have to double click to go into the calendar item, locate the hyperlink to "Join Teams Meeting", click that, which opens my web browser, and then the web browser tries to launch the Teams app, but first asks me for confirmation, which requires another click. You've added several layers of unnecessary clicks which impede my ability to join a meeting.

Just…

339 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Clicking on the join button in an Outlook reminder takes you to the browser to launch Teams today. The work to bypass the browser and directly launch Teams is being worked on. We’ll update when we have more details.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base