Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recording of video meetings

What about if video meetings could be recorded for later view.

1,599 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

98 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

Slight correction. This is being flagged as completed as it is now in the public ring.
    Teams cloud meeting recording is now available world-wide as a Preview! Please try this feature out in your Teams meetings and let us know how we can improve it!

Additional information.
    Admin doc is located at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/cloud-recording
    (Biggest thing is to be sure to check the pre-requisites.)

End User docs: http://aka.ms/recordmeeting

Thank you for all the support and feedback!
    -Warren

2. Please enable share control in video meeting

We used to be able to share control in video meeting so we can do remote support.

Please include this feature in the future releases.

Thanks,
    Jason

1,429 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item was completed.

From within a meeting the share control can be found at the dropdown at the top of the screen if you are currently sharing as well as the floating control box that exists when you are in a meeting.

Thank you for all your feedback.
    -Warren

3. full screen only one person from the call

On a call with more than 2 persons, unless someone is actually presenting his/her screen, the screen is usually split between the others on the call. Its always a split screen, up to four seperate window. But if someone uses its web cam, lets say to show us a white board... we can't make that specific person's web cam presentation full screen.

830 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to check call quality ahead of calls/meetings

Skype for Business has a way to check your call quality so you can hear how you sound. Teams really needs this as well. I've had a few calls where I can hear the audience clearly, however they say my audio quality is poor.

I'd like the ability check and see how I sound before I join a Teams meeting or make a call.

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Start a meeting with the mic muted, like Skype and Lync do

When joining a meeting, the video and mic should be turned off by default and need to be turned on by the user either per session or globally via settings. This is the default behavior for both Skype for Business and Lync 2013 (as I recall).

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been completed and shipped!

Thank you for the suggestion.
    -Warren

6. allow me to create teams meetings in outlook for mac

Outlook for Mac does not allow me to create Teams meetings from Outlook.

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save audio / video devices

On each meeting I have to re-select my audio and video devices. It would be good of those would stick, or if there a settings option to control that.

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow meeting participants to mute each other or mute all

This is a feature of Google Hangouts we use all the time. When someone is in a noisy environment, has a mic/speaker setup that causing feedback, or is banging on their keyboard, they don't always realize it, and it's very useful for someone else to be able to mute the participant who is causing a disruptive amount of noise but not speaking.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone!
    Got some great news to share this feature request is now live to the public!

Mute someone in a meeting

Mute individual meeting participants straight from the meeting roster to cut down on background noise. If someone has been muted, they’ll get a notification letting them know. They’ll be able to unmute themselves if they need to chime in.

Mute everyone in a meeting

If you ever need to mute all the other participants in a meeting, head to your meeting roster and select Mute all. Each individual will get a notification and be able to unmute themselves if they need to.

Thank you all for the great feedback. We will continue to improve Teams and your feedback is key part in our efforts.

-Warren

9. Screen share toolbar obstructing browser tabs

Issue:
    The MS Teams screen share toolbar obstructs browser tabs in Chrome and Edge. The toolbar does auto-collapse but takes too long (approx. 5 seconds). Skype for Business' toolbar collapses almost immediately. Also the MS Teams toolbar cannot be moved as the Skype for Business one can.

Workaround:
    Clicking the pin icon on the toolbar twice collapses it immediately but it reappears when you move the cursor near the top of the screen again

Preferred Solution:
    Make the toolbar collapse immediately when unpinned and make it possible to move it

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the camera to be disabled by default

In my environment, we don't do a whole lot of video conferencing. We do, however, do a whole lot of screen-sharing. Can you please add the ability to disable the camera by default? That way you don't have to scramble to disable it every time you share screens.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Once you make a selection of whether or not to have your camera enabled or disabled the selection is stickied until you change it the next time around.

-Warren

11. Is it possible to invite an external user to a meeting?

Can external users, not part of our Office 365 plan be invited to a meeting?

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is complete. The ability to invite people into a Teams’ meeting from outside of your Team is now possible.

Thank you all for your feedback!
    -Warren

12. Integrate Notes with Meetings

When I have a meeting, I want the option of adding a note to it, that would then be added to collaboratively and saved in the appropriate channel

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature was completed and is available to the public.

As always, thank you for the feedback and support!
    -Warren

13. identify active speaker

In Skype you could identify the active speaker by air quotes " " around the Microphone next to the person's name. This was helpful for meeting organizers who needed to mute someone with a distracting background noise (like echos or barking dogs, loud traffic noises, etc). We would like to see this feature come to Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.