Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate OneNote, Planner into Meeting Notes

1. When having a Teams meeting based on a channel/Team, I want to use OnNote instead of "Meeting Notes" 

2. In OneNote, be able to add the Meeting Invite information 

3. In the note, it should separate who attended and who was invited but didnt not attend 
      3B. Make these actual attendees list editable 

4. Add tasks to the OneNote that you can assign users 

5. From those OneNote tasks, auto create Planner tasks. 

6. When the meeting concludes, you can go to the channel and see the OneNote/Meeting Minutes as a tab 

7. Should see the Planner Tasks from that meeting on a planner tab in…
    122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio Feedback Loops

We need a feature (similar to Skype for Business) to control how a user joins the audio portion of the meeting. The product works perfectly right now if everyone uses telephony headsets, but get 4 Surface Pros in a room, have everyone click the "Join" button and then wait for your ears to bleed as the audio all feeds back.

Even having 3 out of 4 users click the mute button doesn't solve the problem because the meeting audio is still coming out of their speakers and feeding back into the one user who is using their mic to run…

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create meeting in private channel

Until now we can only create a meeting in an open channel. Why not in a private channel?

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow us to mute individuals but just from our point of view

Please let us mute individuals during a call. This is not the same as muting that person for everyone in the meeting but just for the person doing the muting. This prevents two people who are next to each other in a meeting from hearing an echo of each other. There are many situations/occurrences where we use our personal computers to be in the same meeting instead of sharing a computer, and Teams doesn't let us mute the person that is sitting right next to us.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. delete recorded meeting

There is no way to delete a meeting that has been recorded in a channel. There have been a couple of times that I have started and ended one realizing I was in the wrong channel or that I didn't give it a title or topic name.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rename call in participant

Is there a way to rename a call in user in MS Teams meetings, e.g, if you have someone come in via phone only and you want to associate a name with the phone number. In other conferencing apps you can rename a call in user.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Live Events Unmute Presenters

Currently the producer have the ability to mute a presenter but can't unmute him, it would be nice to have for a full control and fluid experience.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Meetings in Microsoft Teams Rooms and Audio Conferencing

We are currently evaluating deploying a Microsoft Teams Rooms solution for our meeting spaces.

An important feature to our meetings that would occur in a Teams Room is Audio Conferencing (telephone conference bridge).

Currently, only if the user who creates the scheduled Teams Meeting has an O365 license for Audio Conferencing will the meeting include the dial-in number along with the Join link.

However, assigning an Audio Conferencing license to everyone in our organization is unrealistic and unnecessary.

It would be preferable if the licensing functioned so that the Audio Conferencing license could be assigned to the room account for…

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams and Skype Status should be sync

My organization is using Teams and Skype for Business both the application, Now issues are whenever I am in meeting in Skype my teams still show me available and vice a versa, And If I am in presenting mode then also I will be getting chat pop-up and notification from another application.
    So if we can sync the status of both of this application then it will be great.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When recording a meeting, record the screen that is being shared.

We just recorded a meeting for our team. No one used their cameras, but we were all watching someone's screen being shared to follow along with the code example. The recorded meeting only shows the icons of folks on the team, it does not show the screen we were all watching.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Manage default Teams Video layout

We should be able to manage how incoming video is displayed to meeting participants. Currently the default view is fill frame, which is poor to use, especially with meeting rooms with people being cut off and the camera panning back and forth. We should be able to choose at a tenant level that the video should fit the frame, rather than telling all of our users that they need to right click the video, and change it manually.

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need to invite non-team members to a channel meeting

When scheduling a channel meeting, we can only invite team members, no one else. We need to be able to invite other people (non-team members), as well as conference rooms. None of our team or the other groups we have piloting this tool can schedule a conference room into a CHANNEL based Teams meeting. If it is a standard Teams meeting, we can invite whoever - so we know it is possible - it just won't work for Channel meetings.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Do Not Invite Entire Team on Channel Meeting

Right now, when you setup a meeting for a channel, it will end up inviting all users and guests of the team to the meeting.

If you have a large team, you usually don't want this.

The scenario around this is you have a team of 20 people. This team is then split out into physical 5-person teams. Each of those physical teams has their own channel where they can do a daily stand-up. These teams also want to have this daily stand-up in a channel meeting of only their team, not the entire 20-person team.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Requests regarding the Q&A pane in Teams Live event

I would like you to add a feature that disables the Ask anonymously option shown in Ask a question of the Q&A pane in Teams Live event.
    Also, I need a feature that displays the Q&A pane as full screen.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to play music while waiting for a meeting to start

It would be very useful if Teams had a built in way for a meeting organizer and/or presenter to be able to play some music at the very beginning of a meeting while waiting for everyone to join in. This would let everyone who is already in know that their audio is working, and would help cut down on potential chatter at the beginning that can sometimes derail the start of a meeting.

We've all heard people join in and start asking if things are working when all they hear is silence, or had to tell everyone repeatedly that the…

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Meetings sent out from a Shared mailbox

Hello,

I noticed that when I create a MS Teams meeting on behalf of a shared mailbox it doesn't pre-populate the conference toll number or conference ID # to enable the invitees to call in and join the meeting through audio, they can only join in to view a presentation. It only prepopulates when the invite is sent out from my personal email. A lot of my colleagues don't have laptops/computer with built in microphone so we have to settle with being able to call into a meeting to get the audio experience

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype Room System + Teams doesn't provide dial pad once a call is connected

Using a Skype Room System with an E5 license allows you to initiate a telephone call either via Skype or via Teams. When using the Teams option, you can dial a telephone # but once connected the dial pad is no longer accessible. When dialing into a conference #, this is often required in order to enter a PIN or conference code. The Skype option allows this dial pad access after a call is connected.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mute microphone using the spacebar

When on a voice conversation, configure it so that you can quickly mute and unmute the microphone using the spacebar.

This would be much quicker than having to exclusively use the mouse to unhide the toolbar and then having to click on the mute/unmute button.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Users To Register for Teams Webinar

Have the ability for a host to create a webinar event page that can be shared externally/internally. This page would contain meeting details and agenda of a Teams webinar.

Those interested could then register for the webinar and receive an email confirmation containing an ics calendar appointment. The Teams host could then view and manage who is registering for their webinar event.

Adobe and WebEx do this.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add 'Only Me' as an option for 'Who can bypass the lobby' in Meet Now meeting options

Us teachers need a feature where, if the teacher schedules a 'Meet Now' meeting and is not there on time (students arrive first and could enter the meeting unsupervised), the students enter a 'lobby' and the meeting does not commence until the teacher (presenter) arrives and lets them into the room. It sounds pretty straightforward, just add 'Only Me' as an option for "Who can bypass the lobby"

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base