Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show timer that shows time left until meeting starts

"Meetings > meeting description" should show a running timer that shows when meeting is going to start. Like:
    - in two weeks
    - tomorrow at 12:00
    - in 3 hours
    - in 5 minutes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Live Events Q&A Publish Button 85% Zoom Issue

When using Teams Live Events Q&A, if you are a moderator and have your zoom set to 85% within the Teams thick client, the "Publish" button is cut off to the point you only see "P" and the rest is cut off from the screen. Please consider fixing this. There have been a number of issues with UI elements being cut off when using 85% zoom, this just appears to be another one that has yet to be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Live Events Q&A Sorting Improvements

The current Q&A capability within Teams Live Events allows for sorting based on number of likes, but it currently shows the most liked questions on the bottom rather than the top. Please add the ability to either sort by either least liked or most liked (two separate options) or change the sort order so that when sorted by likes the most liked questions are at the top. The main use case for sorting by likes is so that the moderator can see the questions with the most likes, not the least likes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add resources in Microsoft Teams Search specially Rooms

There are instances where rooms are used to logged in to Teams. but mailbox users are unable to find rooms in Teams Search on the other hand rooms logged in to Teams can search for all mailbox except rooms.

So idea here is to enable search or conversation between rooms and active user.
    Importantly this type of search works in Skype for Business.
    Regards,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. meeting scheduler

To schedule a meeting using Teams, I like that it integrates with Outlook. I need few more things to be able to use it. I need to view the calendars schedule for >6 people. The first people I type in are at bottom of list, so its harder to see their schedule and they are most important to be available for the meeting. I need to open the schedule window it to view multiple days at once. I need to view multiple room availability. I need to view Outlook calendar details. Most people in my team allow these to be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to turn on/off who shows-in-the-window, in TEAMS meeting

Provide on/off switch for which session show in the TEAMS meeting window.

Today, 4 of the participant photos show. The remainder show under the SHOW PARTICIPANT icon (upper right). Some folks call into the meeting via regular phone. Those phone-call-in sessions always show as one of the 4 photos, never cycling through like other participants.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Start a meeting with the mic and speaker muted - Less than 4 people.

Before you join a Teams meeting, the microphone and speaker is NOT muted by default unless you already have four people in the meeting. This applies to desktop clients, as the mobile app mutes the microphone by default regardless.

Microsoft Teams could be better by defaulting to Audio Off prior to joining a meeting. The current "Audio Off" button is not a clear indication of a Join function, and a lot of users will not even realize it.

Echo still occurs for the initial start of the meeting when individuals do not realize these settings.

It would be a better…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. where I have 2 screens I would like to be able to have the participants of the meeting on one screen and the presentation on the other

In a situation where I have 2 screens I would like to be able to have the participants of the meeting on one screen and the presentation on the other . This is available in Skype for business and is especially useful when presenting to a large audience on big TVs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Meetings sent out from a Shared mailbox

Hello,

I noticed that when I create a MS Teams meeting on behalf of a shared mailbox it doesn't pre-populate the conference toll number or conference ID # to enable the invitees to call in and join the meeting through audio, they can only join in to view a presentation. It only prepopulates when the invite is sent out from my personal email. A lot of my colleagues don't have laptops/computer with built in microphone so we have to settle with being able to call into a meeting to get the audio experience

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. duplicate invites are sent when adding a new person to an existing teams meeting

Right now, if I add/remove any staff members from an existing Teams' meeting, everybody receives the invite again, even if they have already accepted the same. Could it be possible to add in Teams, the option to only sent the invites to new or added people?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Meeting Organizer linked with task planner

I love MS teams but miss one key collaboration element.
    Is there any application where we can write the minutes of the meeting under certain channel that shows the whole scenario like present attendess, absent attendees, actions finalized in the meeting to share with all and those action converted into task automatically with the deadline agreed during the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Only Organizer can add/remove presenters and producers and make changes to meeting details

Hi There,
    I’m writing with an issue concerning Microsoft Teams Live Events.
    It seems to me that the Organizer of an Event is the only one that can add/remove producers and presenters.
    Where this becomes a problem is if say an Organizer sets up an event but cannot be there for the actual event (say they are on vacation, out sick, etc.). I understand the event can be started without them but if there are any changes to who should be a presenter (and there often is last minute changes) only the Organizer can do this.
    Other solutions (like Webex…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to mute people on the main page of teams meeting

Ability to mute people on the main page of teams meeting instead of opening a separate pane to do so. make it easier instead of switching panes continually

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Multi-Tasking while attending a meeting through Teams

Would like to leverage Teams Meetings for Planner updates or general working sessions but cannot be in a meeting AND work on planner to update tasks in real time.

Also had a recent challenge with a chat during a call. Had to use Skype outside of Teams to communicate the chat.

Being single threaded significantly limits the usefulness of the Team Meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. a way to see all missed recorded meetings in one designated area instead of scrolling through channel

a way to see all missed recorded meetings in one designated area instead of scrolling through channel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add slack style drawing on shared screen and slack style camera direction for meetings.

See the title. Perpetually split screen is annoying. Also lack of ability to markup on shared screen is a major miss.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to accept meeting in person or virtual

Add a feature to scheduling meetings where you can select (not default - added) that invitees responded as accepted IN PERSON or accepted VIRTUAL.

That way for scheduling space, ordering food etc. etc. you are best informed. I have to send multiple emails to get this information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let organizer deside who is on presenter rights, even external users

When sheduling a meeting on Outlook, there should be a Option to set presenter rights to anyone of invited persons. Even external users. Same than Skype + External.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Custom URL for Teams Meeting Invitations

When a meeting is scheduled on Teams and the link is sent to participants, an URL with the name of the company in it should appear in the URL sent in the email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow recording of meeting to be part of scheduling options

Attendee notification would inform attendees that the meeting will be recorded. Continue alert notification at top of window as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.