Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a login for admin staff to utilize for meetings

When computer is logged on in a meeting you can see messages from Teams that might come up. Not all admin staff are conducting the meetings or stay in the meetings so this feature to lock all other features while in a meeting would be beneficial for others not to look at your work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Meeting Notes and Conversation to be Viewed Concurrently

When in a meeting, users may find it frustrating to monitor both the chat Conversation and Meeting Notes separately. It requires several clicks to toggle back and forth. They are both useful meeting aides but serve different roles. They overlap in a Teams meeting and therefore only one is able to be viewed at a time. It would be great to have the option to display both next to each other or pop one out into a separate window. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make desktop client more visible when join to meetings

We have lot of users who end to the following web page when they are trying to join to the meeting.

The biggest problem is when users see two buttons "Download" or "Join". You do not need to be a smart to guess which one users are selecting. Now when they join by the Web App they might have many different issues.

The worst thing is the bottom line on the same screen: "Launch it now". Can you Microsoft make "Launch Teams App" much more visible. That solves lot of problems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Be able to see participants and chat at the same time

On the right side, it would be great to be able to see the people in the meeting as well as the chat at the same time. Toggling back and forth is not efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have only 1 join button.

When I click to join a meeting I have to click join, then I have to click join again. It's just an annoying minor inconvenience I have to go through every day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The timing of screen shift differs according to device while sharing the screen in Teams

When having a Teams meeting and switching the screen while sharing the screen, we are aware that there are few seconds delays depending on devices.
    We would like you to ask tuning the timing of screen shift across all devices which are joining a meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Place the "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" Text block at the top when using the "Reply with a Meeting" Quick Step in Outlook

Whenever you use the Quick Step to "Reply with a Meeting" in Outlook, when you hit the "Join Teams Meeting" button on the Outlook Ribbon, the "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" block is appended to the very bottom of the mail thread instead of at the top where the most recent response/reply is taking place. This produces two outcomes:

1.) It buries the links/numbers needed to join the meeting at the very bottom of the mail, even below the first send of the message which from a chronological perspective is inaccurate and confusing to all of the attendees
    2.) It means…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Maximize presentation area to see only presentation content and not anything else like particpent etc.

Earlier version of teams of skype for business, we could maximize the presentation area and hid everything else, but now on teams we are not able to do so, sometime it requires to see only presentation area, so we can see the presentation correctly. currently only option is maximize the teams meeting window, but it also shows left side menu, participant details etc, which leaves less space for presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multiple calls on teams

wow we had a meeting with 9 people it was such a mission cause i thought it would work like skype with ability to switch calls, and see more people than the big four people who were reflected, it made for an awkard meeting. Skype allows broadcasting as well as multiple members on the same call with presentation adn call quality not comprised, u have to adopt similar functionality for team calls if it will work for large organisations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. meeting notes tab key

Unable to use tab key to indent in meeting notes. The tab key moves the cursor through different icons and section. For instance when taking notes the tab key jumps the cursor back to the section heading. I, and several colleagues, take notes with a tiered formatting approach which means we have to use the 'increase indent'/'decrease indent' button at the top of the window. A tab function similar to Word, OneNote, etc would be preferred.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No audio when connected to HDMI for meetings-Please include in Teams

When connecting to the TV via HDMI the audio doesn't play on the TV

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Audio Bridge for MS Teams can be set up like it is available on Skype.

It would be great if Audio Bridge can be set up like it is available on Skype. It would be of great help while attending meetings. The Audio Bridge on Skype is in collaboration with AT&T. If something similar is there on teams, then it would be of immense help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. video

At times (unintentionally), user clicks on the video toggle initiating a video share. We need a user alert to reconfirm with the user whenever video is switched on b/w a call or a note that you are sharing video if video is on for the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Start a meeting with the mic muted

When joining a meeting, the video and mic should be turned off by default to be turned on by the user either per session or globally via settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remote control stops working after a UAC admin window popup

As per the title - Remote Control stops working on remote Windows 10 machine after a UAC pop up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have a button on the left menu that allows you to easily share screen with someone. I am trying to do it and can't find the icon to do it

Want to easily share screen with someone I am meeting with, but can't seem to find out how to do that. There should be a share screen request icon on the left menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. phone call back not possible if call is dropped-except stop and restart meeting

If I have been called back, and call gets dropped for some reason, I still remain in the meeting but do not have an option to have teams call me back again. I have to drop out of the meeting and rejoin the meeting to get it to call me back. Also there's no expel option, if someone accidentally put the wrong call back number. at last, it would be nice to have the usually called phone numbers to be saved in settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. show when others can see my screen like Skype

Just like Skype, show an indicator in the attendees when they're able to see my screen sharing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.