Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting reminder

It will be very very useful if you add the option that the tool will remind me for upcoming meeting for example 10-15 minutes prior.
    For now I found only the option to send me notification that the meeting was started.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Broadcast meeting as live event

The UI for having a meeting is much more user-friendly than the one for live events, and since we do more meetings than live events, it would be nice to be able to use the meeting UI for webinars. As there is a 250 person limit on meeting participants, it would be nice to be able to broadcast the meeting to a wider audience with the 30-second buffer delay and Q&A feature that makes live meetings more scalable.

Alternately, since there are several features of live events that have been requested as features of meetings as well (e.g. controlling whose…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable participant list sort by meeting accept type

In participant list, Enable sort by meeting accept type and then alphabetically: Currently in this meeting, Accepted, Tentative, Declined, None

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change view on teams calls

While on a Teams Meeting can we change view, so we have the opportunity to look at all attendees or just the main presenter as well as current option.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to Concede the Floor to Other Attendees

When there are many remote attendees in a remote meeting, it can often become busy, especially if there are attendees that are not good at muting their microphone unless they are speaking. It would be nice to put the meeting into a mode that allows only 1 speaker at a time and for the current speaker to "concede the floor" to their choice of another attendee. If this is coupled with the "raise your hand" feature request, then their choice of attendees to concede the floor to can be sorted by who raised their hand first (or similar).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set all calendar events as teams meetings by as default

Hi,

I think it would be great if there was an option to make all new calendar events teams meetings, as sometimes i forget then i've got to go back to do it. If there was an option to create all new events in my exchange calendar as teams meetings this would be fantastic.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to Share Meeting Notes

It would be lovely to have the ability to share meeting notes via email, to avoid having to manually copy/paste them into an email.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. attending meeting

We've been using skype for business in our company and we're trying to transition to Teams but we've run into a question when running meetings (with Teams). It seems that our view of who is attending each meeting is often not complete in that it doesn't show all attendees which makes it difficult to run a meeting and engage with everyone.

Am I missing something that Teams offers in this direction or is this apparently not working as designed?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Paste from Excel in meeting notes

Currently, you cannot paste Excel cells into the Meeting notes. You have to select the text within each cell and copy/past that. However, you can copy/past cells in chat.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Meeting Durations - Restricted to 30 Minute Increments

Meeting durations are limited to 30 minute increments. For example, I cannot schedule a 15 minute stand-up meeting.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When receiving a call, can't see who is calling

Why doesn't a notification come on an incoming video call of who is calling? I have had video calls come in and there is nowhere to accept the call

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add tickboxes for actions in meeting notes

Add tickboxes for actions in meeting notes to enable better action tracking

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Booking a room in a Teams meeting should work the same, and integrate, with Skype.

You have to create a separate list for rooms to show up in "Location" in Team meetings. It doesn't appear that the rooms keep track of being booked, declining when already booked, and so on the Skype for Business does. We want to use both Skype for Business and Teams. The booking and creating of a room should work the same way.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. see who is talking even when dialed in from phone

people connected to a meeting through Teams get highlighted when they speak, but people who dial in are not.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy Meeting To Calendar

For a meeting that is posted to a Channel, it would be nice if there was a button that said something like "add to my calendar" that could be used by people to put a copy of that meeting in their own calendars.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to make Meetings sidebar always visible

The sidebar got a fantastic button to show your meetings for the day that used to be always visible. Now I have to click on the Ellipse button and then click Meetings to get to this function which I use constantly throughout the day.
    It would be great to have the option to Pin items to the sidebar to make them always visible.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Use User's time zone to display when using scheduling assistant to scheduling a meeting

When I schedule a meeting the time zone in the scheduling is showing CST even though I am in MST. Seems like it should be MST (mine) as it confuses me thinking the time available is at a different time for me.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Focus Files in Meetings

Imagine having a meeting organizer choose files uploaded in teams as focus files in an online meeting. This means the organizer dictates to the team what they will be able to edit AND view during the meeting without having to share your screen.

Example: You'd like to trim down line items in an excel spreadsheet that contains a budget, but you need 4 managers to work on it. Make that excel sheet a focus file of the meeting. Then all the managers can easily find the file, see who's editing it, and know what the organizer is referring to when…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. propose new time

Outlook - Propose New Meeting Time, when accepted are not sent to all invited or in teams. A particular issue on recurring meetings.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In Teams/Meetings it would be great to search for previous meetings so that it is possible to produce a list.

When in Meetings in Microsoft Teams, at the moment it is possible to see upcoming meetings in a list form. However, if you want to see when the last meeting was held or show a list of meetings, it isn't possible.

It would be very useful to search for a particular type of meeting and call up a complete list (or at least for the last 12 meetings)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base