Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When scheduling a meeting, send an invite to the entire Channel instead of Inviting each member manually.

Currently, when you create a new meeting you select the Channel to meet in and then have to type in each member to invite. I would like to just invite the entire Channel (so I don't have to type each member's name in) and each member get an outlook notification.

429 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

66 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Invite / Add Distribution List to Scheduled Meeting Invite

Currently unable to add DLs to the 'Invite People' field when creating a new / scheduled Teams meeting.
    Would like to add a DL to a Teams meeting instead of adding people one by one.

422 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video feeds from meeting participants should be at the top of the screen -- not the bottom

To create the feeling of "eye contact" it is ideal if all meeting participants are looking more or less in the direction of their camera while conversing with each other. Ideally, when a user is looking at their fellow meeting participant's video feed, it should appear as if the user is looking directly into the camera.

However, because the video feeds are at the bottom of the screen in Teams, everyone in the meeting usually appears as if they are looking down, instead of at the camera.

Therefore, the video feeds should appear at the top of each user's screen,…

410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Admitting PSTN users from the lobby

There are two cases covered in this item.

1) Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby. This is completed.

2) Ability for an organizer joined via PSTN to admit users from the lobby with a PIN. If you enable “Always let callers bypass the lobby” in your meeting options, people calling in by phone will join your meeting without having to wait for someone to admit them. See details here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/change-participant-settings-for-a-teams-meeting-53261366-dbd5-45f9-aae9-a70e6354f88e. This is on the backlog.

Please…

400 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two parts to this topic:

1) Completed: Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby.

2) On the backlog: Ability for an organizer joined via PSTN to admit users from the lobby with a PIN. If you enable “Always let callers bypass the lobby” in your meeting options, people calling in by phone will join your meeting without having to wait for someone to admit them. See details here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/change-participant-settings-for-a-teams-meeting-53261366-dbd5-45f9-aae9-a70e6354f88e

Please Note: In Q2CY20, we launched a new default in for the Teams meeting policy (https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=63388). If tenants have not modified their default meeting policy, lobby is now enforced.

5. Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs

Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs to users

399 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Manage default Teams Video layout

We should be able to manage how incoming video is displayed to meeting participants. Currently the default view is fill frame, which is poor to use, especially with meeting rooms with people being cut off and the camera panning back and forth. We should be able to choose at a tenant level that the video should fit the frame, rather than telling all of our users that they need to right click the video, and change it manually.

397 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add ability to unmute someone you muted

Add ability to unmute someone you muted. I discretely muted someone who had a loud audio whine coming through their system during a meeting and when I asked them a question and tried to un-mute them, I discovered I could not and then had to explain he was muted.

Please make it so if a user mutes someone they can also unmute them. The only person who should be able to unmute a user that muted themselves is themself. But if a another user mutes a user, then either user should be able to unmute. There should be an indication/notification…

397 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make meeting minutes shareable

Currently if I join a meeting on Teams, there is an option to take meeting notes. It's a neat fetaure, but there is no way to export the contents of the note, I have to copy-paste it section by section.
    Please make a share button / option.

389 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pop out option for meetings

Pop out options within teams so we can chat and view meeting content in separate windows. messaging while in a meeting shrinks the screen and it is hard to multitask

364 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Meetings sent out from a Shared mailbox

Hello,

I noticed that when I create a MS Teams meeting on behalf of a shared mailbox it doesn't pre-populate the conference toll number or conference ID # to enable the invitees to call in and join the meeting through audio, they can only join in to view a presentation. It only prepopulates when the invite is sent out from my personal email. A lot of my colleagues don't have laptops/computer with built in microphone so we have to settle with being able to call into a meeting to get the audio experience

361 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 357 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The Outlook "New Teams Meeting" button should respect the "End appointments and meetings early" setting

"End appointments and meetings early" is a new but very useful setting that lightly enforces good meeting discipline. It works for the regular "New Appointment" and "New Meeting" buttons, but not for the "New Teams Meeting" button. This should be fixed so all create calendar buttons exhibit the same useful behaviour.

355 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rename call in participant

Is there a way to rename a call in user in MS Teams meetings, e.g, if you have someone come in via phone only and you want to associate a name with the phone number. In other conferencing apps you can rename a call in user.

349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Applause

Now that we're having sprint reviews over Teams across the office, there's not much applause for working demos and great features we've pushed, mostly out of courtesy. It'd be good to have a button/key that triggers applause during a call/meeting, similar to how the feature works in Nintendo Entertainment System: Nintendo Switch Online.

345 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. No Possibility for camera-settings in Teams at the moment

There is no possibility to change camera settings in Teams

322 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Prevent users from joining a meeting

Add a setting to prevent users who are not a member of the Team/O365 Group from joining the Teams meeting. This setting should exist in the Outlook client as well as the Teams client, web app, and mobile app.

Similarly, prevent people who were not invited directly by the meeting organizer from joining the meeting. (e.g., meeting invite was forwarded or meeting link was copied and sent to user who was not directly invited).

321 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Requests regarding the Q&A pane in Teams Live event

I would like you to add a feature that disables the Ask anonymously option shown in Ask a question of the Q&A pane in Teams Live event.
    Also, I need a feature that displays the Q&A pane as full screen.

320 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Me to Set Video Quality

During meeting calls where my internet is running slow, I'd like to lower the video resolution / quality in order to help better stream audio. Right now, there's no ability to throttle video quality.

318 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mute microphone by default when joining a meeting

I've seen other user voice topics on this issue, and some even say there are fixes in place, but it only applies when 4 or more participants are on a call. Most of our Teams meetings are using the Audio Conferencing add-on, so when a customer joins a meeting on their laptop (after already calling in to the conferencing bridge) they generate a bad echo. Yes, this can be resolved with training, but why can't we at least have the option to disable the microphone by default (regardless of the number of attendees in a meeting)

310 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Control Bar in Teams blocking screen content while sharing screen

While in a meeting or sharing screen the control bar floats ontop of content. there is not one single day I have to ask the other party to move their content so I can see it.

Please make it possible to move + hide + minimize... I have audio controls on my headset ....

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base