Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 555 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

67 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to unmute someone you muted

Add ability to unmute someone you muted. I discretely muted someone who had a loud audio whine coming through their system during a meeting and when I asked them a question and tried to un-mute them, I discovered I could not and then had to explain he was muted.

Please make it so if a user mutes someone they can also unmute them. The only person who should be able to unmute a user that muted themselves is themself. But if a another user mutes a user, then either user should be able to unmute. There should be an indication/notification…

553 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase the Number of Allowed Participants in a Meeting.

For a large company, I do not feel that capping meeting participants at 250 makes sense. I believe that this limit should be increased to allow large meetings with 500+ employees if necessary instead of a company having to buy an additional license to use Cisco WebEx Meetings.

544 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently rolling out the increase for the Teams meeting limit. The new permanent meeting limit is 300 participants (in the meeting call and the chat). We expect this to be enabled by the end of June for the public cloud, with government clouds to follow.

For additional info on Meetings limits in Teams, visit: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams#meetings-and-calls

For insight into the Roadmap, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=64225

Thanks.

4. Easy, streamlined, way to invite all of the team to a meeting

Please design an easy, streamlined way to invite the whole team to a meeting and not have to invite them individually or in a workaround way such as creating meetings in Teams with no users. This could be something like an everyone button in Outlook to add all team members, or when inviting in teams adding an everyone button and it sends all members an invite. This is being requested through the Tech Community

541 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move the banner to the top right or allow setting to move it. It covers the text box.

The notification banner shows in the bottom right. Allow users to select where they want it (top or bottom). It covers up the text box so I cannot see what I am typing when it appears.

537 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The Outlook "New Teams Meeting" button should respect the "End appointments and meetings early" setting

"End appointments and meetings early" is a new but very useful setting that lightly enforces good meeting discipline. It works for the regular "New Appointment" and "New Meeting" buttons, but not for the "New Teams Meeting" button. This should be fixed so all create calendar buttons exhibit the same useful behaviour.

526 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Meetings sent out from a Shared mailbox

Hello,

I noticed that when I create a MS Teams meeting on behalf of a shared mailbox it doesn't pre-populate the conference toll number or conference ID # to enable the invitees to call in and join the meeting through audio, they can only join in to view a presentation. It only prepopulates when the invite is sent out from my personal email. A lot of my colleagues don't have laptops/computer with built in microphone so we have to settle with being able to call into a meeting to get the audio experience

518 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add live captions in south Slavic languages

Live caption in Teams meetings to have south Slavic languages available such as Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian etc.

511 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Meeting Minutes Tool

It would be great to have the ability to have a meeting minutes tool included in OneNote that documents who is saying what and logs all of the conversations in chat, saves a recording, and has a file share library associated to each meeting, then it can be filed with other meetings or projects so everything is in one place.

507 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rename call in participant

Is there a way to rename a call in user in MS Teams meetings, e.g, if you have someone come in via phone only and you want to associate a name with the phone number. In other conferencing apps you can rename a call in user.

500 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Invite / Add Distribution List to Scheduled Meeting Invite

Currently unable to add DLs to the 'Invite People' field when creating a new / scheduled Teams meeting.
    Would like to add a DL to a Teams meeting instead of adding people one by one.

491 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. unable to unmute dialed in users

When muting all users during a meeting with "mute all" it also mutes the dialed in users. However they are unable to unmute themselves as they are dialed in. There is also no way for me to unmute those users requiring them to call back in

492 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When scheduling a meeting, send an invite to the entire Channel instead of Inviting each member manually.

Currently, when you create a new meeting you select the Channel to meet in and then have to type in each member to invite. I would like to just invite the entire Channel (so I don't have to type each member's name in) and each member get an outlook notification.

471 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Audio and Video call on every browser

Now just Edge support audio and video calls. Making Teams work on all main browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) should be a priority . I need Teams to work with all my customers and I can't force them to install software on their machines.

467 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Blur for linux

With the current virus and working from home please can we have blur please

466 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make meeting minutes shareable

Currently if I join a meeting on Teams, there is an option to take meeting notes. It's a neat fetaure, but there is no way to export the contents of the note, I have to copy-paste it section by section.
    Please make a share button / option.

449 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adjust the volume of individuals in a group call

Like discord I would like to adjust the volumes of each member in the call.
    This is to adjust volume levels to the microphones they are using, or lower background noise from other participants.

420 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. live transcript

Today I ran a meeting that included a colleague who it 85% deaf. When we have in-person meetings he can lip-read but this is too difficult on screen.

It would be fantastic if live speech captions were available and they'd make a huge difference to their working life and others with similar requirements.

418 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are excited to announce the meeting live transcript feature is in the process of rolling out to the public, and will be rolled out 100% by the end of March 2021. Users will have a transcirption to follow along with who said what, and for the transcript file to be viewed after the meeting. This is available for users with E3, E5, Business Standard and Business Preium license SKUs.

For the initial release, Live Transcription is currently available:
    For scheduled meetings
    In U.S. English (spoken language)
    On the installed desktop version of Teams
    In GCC, but without speaker identification
    For more information, please visit https://support.microsoft.com/office/view-live-transcription-in-a-teams-meeting-dc1a8f23-2e20-4684-885e-2152e06a4a8b.

19. Team Owners should have an option to disable "meet now" in selected Channels.

Meet now can be disabled at Tenant level or User level currently. Need to have option in channel settings. Team owners can disable or enable it as required.

417 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Admitting PSTN users from the lobby

There are two cases covered in this item.

1) Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby. This is completed.

2) Ability for an organizer joined via PSTN to admit users from the lobby with a PIN. If you enable “Always let callers bypass the lobby” in your meeting options, people calling in by phone will join your meeting without having to wait for someone to admit them. See details here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/change-participant-settings-for-a-teams-meeting-53261366-dbd5-45f9-aae9-a70e6354f88e. This is on the backlog.

Please…

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are two parts to this topic:

1) Completed: Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby.

2) On the backlog: Ability for an organizer joined via PSTN to admit users from the lobby with a PIN. If you enable “Always let callers bypass the lobby” in your meeting options, people calling in by phone will join your meeting without having to wait for someone to admit them. See details here: https://support.microsoft.com/office/change-participant-settings-for-a-teams-meeting-53261366-dbd5-45f9-aae9-a70e6354f88e

Please Note: In Q2CY20, we launched a new default in for the Teams meeting policy (https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=63388). If tenants have not modified their default meeting policy, lobby is now enforced.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base