Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Request to enable anonymous join to Teams meetings using Internet Explorer

Currently, anonymous join to the Teams meetings is not allowed when using Internet Explorer by design.

We would like to invite external users to Teams meetings whose environment is Windows 7, so they cannot use Microsoft Edge. Also, they have to use Internet Explorer because they are not allowed to use a third-party browser. Therefore, they have a trouble to join Teams Meetings anonymously.

We would request to improve the function for external users to join Teams meetings anonymously using Internet Explorer.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic recording meetings

If you know beforehand that a meeting should be recorded then it would be nice to have an option when scheduling the meeting to start recording automatically. This can help with not forgetting to start recording and save some time and effort not having to remember to do it manually.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs

Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs to users

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Meeting Host to be able to configure mute and lobby settings as desired

I know that many people has requested that participants can mute all other participants or accept people from the lobby in MS Teams virtual meetings.
    However this is not something that everyone would like to have.
    The host should be able to decide how he want´s to setup and configure his call. If it is a small round of 2 up to 5 participants it might be fine to let everyone else to mute but on meetings with more than 5 participants it´s a problem.

ASK: create a "Meeting Settings" menu where the host can define if others can mute,…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Open Teams Meeting in new Window

If you have a meeting in Teams this covers the whole Teams window and it is difficult to share other content from within Teams. So I would prefer to have the meeting in a separate window so that you can easily switch between the meeting and other content you want to share.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Polls and Forms in Meetings

There have been several members on the Tech Community who have asked to have forms and polls in meetings. Currently can have notes, whiteboard, files etc. Snap polls were a part of SfB but having Microsoft Forms and Polls (whether via Polly or a native app) would be an improvement and a much more interactive meeting! Best, Chris

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make meeting minutes shareable

Currently if I join a meeting on Teams, there is an option to take meeting notes. It's a neat fetaure, but there is no way to export the contents of the note, I have to copy-paste it section by section.
    Please make a share button / option.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unable to start meeting as organizer. Stuck in virtual lobby.

Unable to start meeting as organizer. Scheduled Teams meeting via Outlook as the organizer. Went to join meeting as the organizer, signed into the desktop/app version of Teams, and was held in the lobby - waiting for someone to start the session/let me in. Unfortunately, given I was the creator/organizer, no one could get in - as I was stuck in the same lobby.

Any ideas on what may be going on?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Outlook invites for meetings

As far as I can see when I see up a meeting in a channel there aren't any notifications or invites sent to Outlook calendars of those in the team (channel). Please tell me if I can change this myself otherwise can it be added to a future release please? Thanks

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Audio Feedback Loops

We need a feature (similar to Skype for Business) to control how a user joins the audio portion of the meeting. The product works perfectly right now if everyone uses telephony headsets, but get 4 Surface Pros in a room, have everyone click the "Join" button and then wait for your ears to bleed as the audio all feeds back.

Even having 3 out of 4 users click the mute button doesn't solve the problem because the meeting audio is still coming out of their speakers and feeding back into the one user who is using their mic to run…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cancel Meeting within a Series

When running scrum, often times single occurrences of a recurring meeting need to be cancelled. For example, on days where we have demo or sprint planning we usually cancel our daily standup. It would be great if we could do this with meetings that are scheduled using Microsoft Teams

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop chat notifications if you leave meeting

Just went to meeting on PC client, and left as my part was done, now I'm still getting chat notifications of that meeting on my MOBILE device (Android) as other people still continue in that meeting. On Android, I see "Meeting in progress" and JOIN - still I get notifications of that meeting's chat.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow us to remove the office 365 group from meeting invitation

When creating a meeting in a Teams channel, it automatically includes the Office 365 Group that mirrors the Team on the invite list - and you CANNOT remove it. This has the consequence of sending an actual invite to your meeting to *everyone* in the entire Office 365 Group. This makes it impossible to just have a small meeting in a channel without disturbing or inviting unintended guests. This seems insane? Even if you must include this Office 365 Group in the list of invites by default, at least let us remove it! But really, it should not be there…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Invite optional attendees

In outlook you can declare mandatory participants and optional participants. In Teams I cannot tag participants as optional. All become automagically mandatory.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No Chat Notifications When Meeting is Declined in Outlook

1. I get a Teams meeting invite in Outlook.
    2. I decline the invite.
    3. If someone in that meeting posts in Chat, then I get a notification from a meeting I declined! I have to go to Teams and leave the meeting.

Additional Info: My meeting invite is through a group list.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pausing screen sharing in Teams Meeting

Similar to Webex, GoToMeeting, Zoom, and JoinMe...It would be really helpful to be able to pause screensharing vs have to start and stop every time you might need to pause sharing. Hope this capability is coming. Thanks!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Upcoming/started meeting reminder with Join button in channel

Currently in order to join meeting that does not have any participants yet, user has to go to Meetings tab and click Join. This creates meeting message in channel with convenient 'Join' button others can use to join the meeting directly from the channel. It would be nice if Teams would post automatic messages about upcoming/started meetings in the channel with the Join button, so everyone can join directly from the channel.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide attendee activity and engagement data post meeting

Currently other solutions (such as Zoom and Clearslide) can provide a report at the end of each meeting which contains information on attendee activity and their level of engagement. Having this capability is essential to drive increased uptake of Teams for meetings, specifically those that are customer facing.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Delete Meeting Conversations in Chat

Hi,

I don't want to keep meeting conversation times and history in chats tab. Please create Delete option. This shouldn't be saved at all. It is pretty silly to have a hide button instead of a Delete but you have delete button to delete the text in the conversation? I can also see security issues with this.

Please add Delete soon in chat for meeting conversation. Otherwise, advise on how to get rid of these saved meeting conversations. The hide option is not helpful.

Thanks

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate Meetings and Planner Tasks

It would be nice to be able to have functionality where you could create a Meeting based on Planner tasks and vice versa.
    The feature would be similar to the Outlook-OneNote integration.
    - Send the Planner Assignees to Meeting
    - Send Planner checklists to Meeting
    - Etc.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.