Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Prevent users from joining a meeting

Add a setting to prevent users who are not a member of the Team/O365 Group from joining the Teams meeting. This setting should exist in the Outlook client as well as the Teams client, web app, and mobile app.

Similarly, prevent people who were not invited directly by the meeting organizer from joining the meeting. (e.g., meeting invite was forwarded or meeting link was copied and sent to user who was not directly invited).

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Meeting invitation customization

I'd like to see an option to customize the teams meeting invitation sent from outlook add-in the same way it can be done in Skype for business.
    Attached is a screenshot from sfb admin center.

197 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow hide/collapse command meeting bar

During a meeting or a call, it could be allowed to hide/collapse the command bar where it contains those commands like video, mute, add participants even when moving the mouse on normal screen. Today this bar is only hidden when you do not move the mouse.

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. hold space button to unmute microphone

When in a voice/video conference, it's convenient to mute your microphone so that you don't transmit too much unwanted background sound.

it would be nice if you could temporarily unmute yourself by holding down the spacebar button (in a push to talk style).

this way you will only need to unmute yourself for the duration required for you to talk.

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Applause

Now that we're having sprint reviews over Teams across the office, there's not much applause for working demos and great features we've pushed, mostly out of courtesy. It'd be good to have a button/key that triggers applause during a call/meeting, similar to how the feature works in Nintendo Entertainment System: Nintendo Switch Online.

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to see the participant list while sharing my screen during a Team meeting.

I often run meetings and need to share my screen. I need to be able to see the participant list while sharing my screen, which is currently not an option.

177 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Camera sideways...cant be rotated

Camera shows video sideways... Why does it not rotate according to the orientation of the tablet?

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As some comments here stated, there is a known issue where your image will rotate 90 degrees with using the non-Chromium version of Edge, typically experienced on a tablet device. We are investigating solutions.

In the meantime, some things you can try:

1) Install and use Teams for Desktop – https://products.office.com/microsoft-teams/download-app

2) Install and use the new Chromium Edge -
    https://www.microsoft.com/edge

3) Lock rotation on your device.

4) Go to Windows Settings – Display – Display orientation – select “landscape” if not already selected. If it is, switch to something else, then revert.

I’m hoping one of these solves the issue for you for now, while we continue to investigate a fix on the Teams side. Feel free to comment with what works for you, or that you’re still having the problem.

Thanks!

8. Join a meeting without going through the browser

Notify Teams meeting invitation emails in Outlook.
    Click on the meeting URL in the invitation email.
    At this time, the browser starts and opens the desktop client.
    Operation via this browser is inconvenient.
    I want to join the meeting with a desktop client without going through the browser.

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re pleased to announce that all meeting join entry points have been addressed in Outlook for Windows and Mac.
    - For customers keeping current on the monthly release channel, this update has been released.
    - Customers keeping current on the semi-annual release channel for Outlook will get this this Summer, with a gradual roll out scheduled to begin in mid-July.

9. Add ability to unmute someone you muted

Add ability to unmute someone you muted. I discretely muted someone who had a loud audio whine coming through their system during a meeting and when I asked them a question and tried to un-mute them, I discovered I could not and then had to explain he was muted.

Please make it so if a user mutes someone they can also unmute them. The only person who should be able to unmute a user that muted themselves is themself. But if a another user mutes a user, then either user should be able to unmute. There should be an indication/notification…

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. File sharing of powerpoint is not recorded in meetings

I was recording my meeting that included file sharing (powerpoint file). Afterward, I was watching the record and I've noticed that it wasn't visible. Once I switched to the screen sharing it was visible in the record.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Screen Sharing greyed out for external contacts

Looks like there is no way to share my screen with someone outside my organization. The dedicated button is just greyed out.

Teams shows the following message in the chat window: "... is outside your organization. Some Teams features won't be available"

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unable to start meeting as organizer. Stuck in virtual lobby.

Unable to start meeting as organizer. Scheduled Teams meeting via Outlook as the organizer. Went to join meeting as the organizer, signed into the desktop/app version of Teams, and was held in the lobby - waiting for someone to start the session/let me in. Unfortunately, given I was the creator/organizer, no one could get in - as I was stuck in the same lobby.

Any ideas on what may be going on?

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue is in our backlog, but we wanted to share a workaround that may help in the meantime. You may run into this issue if your Outlook client is logged into a different account than your Teams client.

As a workaround, when you join the meeting, make sure your Outlook client and Teams client are logged into the same account that the meeting was scheduled from.

13. Make widescreen option in video calls

When there are only 2 video callers on Teams, you can see the video in widescreen mode. However, with 3 or more callers, the video is severely cropped and you can no longer see a widescreen view of the room. This creates a very poor video experience since you can no longer see everyone in the room. It would be nice if there was an option to view participants in widescreen mode. Even in this sample image, you can see the room on the left only shows one person and everyone else at the table is cut off. If it…

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop Emailing Everyone About a Channel Meeting

According to this feedback item this is completed but it is still happening: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17285378-not-automatically-invite-the-whole-team-to-a-chann

I did find this blog post that describes how to turn it off: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/skypehybridguy/2018/01/06/why-do-i-receive-invites-to-channel-meetings-in-microsoft-teams-mystery-solved

Please change the defaults here. Channel meetings should default to NOT EMAIL EVERYONE.

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create meeting in private channel

Until now we can only create a meeting in an open channel. Why not in a private channel?

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate OneNote, Planner into Meeting Notes

1. When having a Teams meeting based on a channel/Team, I want to use OnNote instead of "Meeting Notes" 

2. In OneNote, be able to add the Meeting Invite information 

3. In the note, it should separate who attended and who was invited but didnt not attend 
      3B. Make these actual attendees list editable 

4. Add tasks to the OneNote that you can assign users 

5. From those OneNote tasks, auto create Planner tasks. 

6. When the meeting concludes, you can go to the channel and see the OneNote/Meeting Minutes as a tab 

7. Should see the Planner Tasks from that meeting on a planner tab in…
    134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow scheduling a meeting as private (hidden details)

When you schedule a meeting in Outlook you can choose to mark it as private so that it does not show up in your calendar. This is very useful sometimes when you have a calendar everyone is allowed to view. This features appears to be missing in Microsoft Teams.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pause music/audio

Pause music/audio when a meeting or call starts. SfB does this. Teams doesn't.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Live Events Unmute Presenters

Currently the producer have the ability to mute a presenter but can't unmute him, it would be nice to have for a full control and fluid experience.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for saved callback numbers

Skype for Business allows you to save multiple phone numbers for quick callback when joining a meeting. Teams does not seem to have this ability.
    It would be great if we could save this info in Teams and not have to enter a number every time.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base