Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Controlling participation in conferences using dial-out numbers for anonymous users in Teams conferences

I want to add a function to control participation in a conference using a dial-out number for anonymous users in a Teams conference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Record in a 2 person meeting

I don't seem to be able to record a meeting when there is only 2 participants.

It would be good to do that.

Currently I have to make sure there are 3 in the meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Join Teams meeting directly from Outlook calendar or reminder

Open Teams and join Teams meeting directly from Outlook calendar link or a button in the "Outlook Reminder" dialog popup. Currently this is the behavior of Skype for Business: you click on the "Join Skype Meeting" link in the calendar item or click the "Join Meeting" in the Reminder dialog and Skype automatically opens and connects you to the meeting. This is not the case for MS Teams and is more of a pain to join the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Same room multi-device support "Conference Room Mode"

The last killer feature that is left in the video conf market is the mic/speaker feedback control. If you could have everyone join the call in the same room and take advantage of all the cams, mics, and speakers on all the computers in the room without feedback... You can turn any room into a fancy boardroom. No need for a fancy cam that face tracks everyone, no needs for centralized mic system, no need to dial-in and have everyone mute, no horrible mic/speaker feedback, no need for a central screen... EVERYONE BYOD and that is all you need, the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Background music in lobby

Option to play background music for users in a Lobby to maintain their attention during transitioning to the meeting proper

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Record to a local drive

It is much more useful to record directly to the local hard drive than to be worrying about data limits, upload speeds, cloud storage security, and so on. Please port the Skype for Business recordings manager.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automated call when meeting begins to dont have to check meeting times frequently.

Teams to call me on the phone when meeting begins and join automatically!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow calling into Team Meeting while in lobby

Allow for users joining a meeting to call into the phone line while in (or entering) the lobby. Currently the attendee must be let in from the lobby before they can start the process to call in (or teams call out). This often adds confusion since it shows the individual joining the meeting but their audio is still being setup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mute the "ding" option?

Create the options to mute the "ding" that you hear when a new member joins a meeting. When hosting a very large meeting, this sound is very distracting to presenters.

As well, agree with previous recommendations to allow for default for participants to be muted when logging into a meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Meeting Location of Participants

I came across this feature in Uber Conference. It shows the meeting locations (city, country) of the participants in the meeting interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Event meeting type with a teams site

When booking a meeting you can also make it an event, that has a link to a teams site directly created, where you can save i.e. presentations, information about the upcoming event (agenda etc). Also participants could ask questions directly on the Event teams site.

This is for bigger events in firms that require preparation and material sharing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show video meetings in call history

Please make the video calls / Meetings appear in the Call History too, as a normal Phone call would be displayed. With Date and Time.

Or make a separate Call History for them (even better).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. View Participators list in a meeting if there are more than 5 members

Just like webex, you need to show a list of participators if it is a meeting with over 5 members. Also it should show who is talking or who is sharing the screen. It is not very intuitive right now

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Meeting Owner Ability to Turn Off Join/Leave Announcements

Enable the owner of a meeting to turn off the joining and leaving announcements.

I am training large groups of people in Teams and recording the sessions. The join and leave announcements are annoying and disruptive to the training. Plus those announcements are recorded, I believe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Excessive conference Notifications

I use teams daily and i have a meeting that averages 50 or more people from multiple companies. Whenever people are coming into the room or dropping out there is that overbearing "clanging" noise that is Teams official notification. It would be awesome to be able to control that (Opt-out of it) or control the volume. I work with one of this country's largest hospital chains, they have all had to switch to teams and it is the number one complaint so far. Its definitely louder than the people talking. Can you help out? i want to be an advocate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. End meeting for everyone

As the meeting organizer, I want to end the meeting when I leave. In Skype for Business there was an option to end the meeting for all instead of just hanging up and leaving everyone else in the meeting
    I am currently training people how to use Teams and suddenly realized this is missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Thumbnail image of speaker when using other software

I've seen in other meeting programs (such as Zoom) that when you minimise the software to use other software (such as web browser, calculator etc) you still will see a thumbnail size images of the speaker. This would be very useful to have in Teams as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. /Slash Command to create meettings

It would be great if just like /chat or /org, there was a /meeting command which would use natural language to allow me to create a meeting.

For example:
    /meeting with @name for "topic" tomorrow at 2pm

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. resume video

Once a meeting was recorded and i view the recorded message when i leave the video and i repoen it it shopuld resume on the second i left.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.