Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List of scheduled meetings attended as history

In skype for business it is possible to see the list of scheduled meetings attended along with the time taken.
    With Meetings, when we go to Calls, we only get the list of adhoc calls made.
    It is ofcourse shown immediately after the call, would be nice if we can see the history of meetings in the calls list or in some other place.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to be able to have the audio output come from a HDMI-connected TV when participating in a conference call on the Teams mobile a

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams モバイル アプリにて HDMIケーブルとテレビを繋いで音声会議の音声をテレビから出力できるようにしたい
    I would like to be able to have the audio output come from a HDMI-connected TV when participating in a conference call on the Teams mobile app.

■Description(内容):
    iPhone の Teams モバイル アプリにて音声会議を行う際に、HDMIケーブルとテレビを繋ぎ、テレビから音声が出力できる機能が実装されてないため、機能拡充を要望します。

When using the Teams mobile app on an iPhone to participate in a conference call, it is currently not possible to connect a TV by HDMI and have that TV function as the audio output. I would like to see support for this added in the future.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. full screen for presentation mode

When showing a document, it would be nice to go into full-screen mode. We tend to run meetings from sharing files in a Files tab in Teams. It would be nice to click on a document to display it and then go into full-screen mode.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Block sharing files when having the Teams meeting.

I am expecting a feature or a setting in meeting policy which can help us control if the user can share files in Teams meeting room.
    Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Meeting Location Capacity

It would be useful to see the capacity of a room included when scheduling a meeting in Teams. At this moment, it just displays the room name but no other useful information. You can see the capacity of a room Outlook and still make a Teams meeting. Unless the room names are lengthy, there is plenty of space to put a few digits.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Presenter Notes Window

Toggle an "invisible" window for notes that presenters can have up while screensharing. It would minimize your sharing window to split screen/open window for your own notes while presenting.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multiple presenters while sharing a PowerPoint

Allow the person sharing a presentation to delegate slide control to other users on the call. This will facilitate multiple presenters to seamlessly control the presentation and see presenter notes for slides they are presenting.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. chat if invited to a meeting

Users should not receive meeting chats unless they actually join the meeting. Getting chats for a meeting you haven't even accepted seems like a huge flaw.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Highlight who is talking

When you in a large meeting. It would great to know who is talking. Possible change the color of the icon of the person talking or add a speaker icon on their icon.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove Phone Audio join option when meeting organizer is not enabled for dial-out

When joining a meeting the user one of the "Other Join Options" that every user is presented with is Phone Audio. This happens even when the meeting organizer is not enabled for dial-out. The user isn't notified of this until they try to enter a call back number and are then told that they aren't enabled for this feature. If the organizer is not enabled for dial-out, this option needs to be removed from the join options.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams meeting live caption language support 会議のライブキャプション:言語追加

Please enhance the language support for live caption in teams meeting. Live caption is currently only available in English. Please add Japanese as well as other languages.

会議のライブキャプションの言語を追加してください。現在は英語のみ対応です。日本語を含む多言語でのサポートを追加お願いします。

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. People can freak out about being recorded. Pop up message "before recording make sure people know how this recording will be used"

People can freak out about being recorded and it raises privacy and confidentiality issues with recordings being viewed by others too. Suggest a pop up message when user hit record button "we recommend that the person you are recording knows how this recording will be used and agrees to this use". This will prompt people to check first with the person/people being recorded.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. auto-mute reverberation/echo when joining a meeting using a separate phone when computer mic/speakers are enabled

Many times when joining a Skype or Teams meeting from a conference room, I have joined the Skype/Teams meeting first and then manually dialed into the room phone. If my computer microphone and speakers are enabled, I get the dreaded reverberated echo that disturbs the ears and takes several seconds to mute myself. (This same scenario applies to others as well, not just me.) My request is to enhance the Skype/Teams client to automatically recognize this situation, immediately mute the mic/speakers of the client, and display a notification on the muted client to let the participant know that Skype/Teams auto-muted…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Often, when I'm in a conference call, I'm physically located beside other meeting attendees. So I hear their voice twice. Allow me to mute.

Often, when I'm in a conference call, I'm physically located beside other meeting attendees. So I hear their voice twice. Allow me to mute select attendees.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow PowerPoint to treat a Teams screen sharing session as a secondary monitor

I would like PowerPoint to see a Teams sharing session as being a secondary monitor, so that the Teams share will see the Presentation Mode and Presenter Mode is displayed on my computer.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Meetings Notes should have assignable tasks that sync to outlook

Teams Meetings has a notes section during a meeting for action items and notes and other things to record. Its a good start. There should be an easy way to asign tasks to people in our org, that either get sent as an email to them, a notification or a task in outlook (task in outlook is preferred) so that a meeting can easily turn into a list of things we need to do, and manage it in tasks of outlook which is really nice when optimized for GTD. TIA

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Select multiple members at once for Teams meeting

It would be great to choose multiple members when creating Teams meeting schedule via Teams client. We currently add members one by one.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Meeting reminder

It will be very very useful if you add the option that the tool will remind me for upcoming meeting for example 10-15 minutes prior.
    For now I found only the option to send me notification that the meeting was started.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Broadcast meeting as live event

The UI for having a meeting is much more user-friendly than the one for live events, and since we do more meetings than live events, it would be nice to be able to use the meeting UI for webinars. As there is a 250 person limit on meeting participants, it would be nice to be able to broadcast the meeting to a wider audience with the 30-second buffer delay and Q&A feature that makes live meetings more scalable.

Alternately, since there are several features of live events that have been requested as features of meetings as well (e.g. controlling whose…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base