Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop auto setting my status to "in a meeting"

I tend to use my calendar to plan my time effectively. I schedule my day in advance and set each task as a "meeting" so I can plan when I am able to have actual meetings. However, because of this, my status is constantly changing to "in a meeting" can this be made an option in setting to auto change?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. screenshare via browser

To screenshare/powerpoint share in a Teams meeting from any browser (preferably without need to download anything). Currently only possible in Teams client, not even Edge.

If you don't have this, non-365 externals probably can't present. Requirement to download the client is a barrier for anyone, especially if you realise as you're trying to join the meeting.

This is incredibly important, as you cannot assume externals have the Teams client. I see it as a critical path item to cut over to Teams from Skype, and currently a show stopper. It's a feature in Skype so the expectation is there.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rejoin meeting should be a button and not just Join. Can we grey out Join button once you have joined meeting

Currently even if your joined a meeting the Join button stay on Planner for meeting and says join. Its not greyed out. It should either be greyed out once meeting is joined or labeled rejoin to know that you navigated away from meeting but would like to rejoin the meeting page. Just having join available at all times is confusing to users.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Live Quiz/Survey Option

For meetings/training sessions - a live quiz/survey option would be invaluable. Would be similar to the old 'Pulse' product that is no longer available.

Conduct a number of training sessions via Skype and like to ask questions of the audience as I conduct training to ensure the audience is understanding the material. It would be great if there was a way to go through Teams where I could ask a question, have the audience provide a response (e.g. multiple choice, true-false), see the responses live, and then cover the answer and provide an explanation based on the responses.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add calendar event to outlook

I keep missing meetings because there is no alert on the teams app on my phone and no calendar invite in outlook. It would be amazing if we could get at least a calendar invite when we are invited to a teams meeting.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Double click meeting entry within 'Meetings' sidebar to join

As available in Skype, double click a (Skype) meeting within the 'Meetings' sidebar to join the meeting, rather than having to click on the entry and then the join button.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share files during a meeting

Please add a simple way to drop a file into the chat of an on going
    meeting. Could be one of the options in the share screen/content similar to the way the skype client offers file transfers.

During a recent Teams meeting a collague wanted to share a file with me to have and discuss over. We looked through all the options, tried dragging the file to various places on the meeting screen, and finally fell back to a 1 to 1 chat to share the file so we could talk over it.

I found after the meeting that I…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Integrate Meetings Better

Meetings and teams don't integrate and it would be great to create a "Team Meeting" where you could use scheduler for all of the team members and if you had recurring meetings you could keep your notes within Teams. It would also be able to see the calendar for the group or team within the team interface.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show declined meetings in the Meetings List

It should be possible to show declined meetings in the Meetings list within Teams.

For example, I want to be able to add all of the service renewals throughout the year to the calendar as recurring events.

I want all users to see this information, even if accidentally decline - I want everybody to know what renewals are coming up, created as events

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Join the same meeting from two devices at same time to be made optional

I would like for us to have the option to prevent user from joining a meeting from two separate devices with one account, because on the meeting it shows the presence of one person, but there are actually two people joined to the meeting, but with same account. this could be a security issue when any user account is stolen, An external user could join a meeting using a known account and he the main user wont know because they are same account showing up in the meeting as one person. please rectify

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Identify Active Speaker More Explicitly

When Teams meetings were only showing 2x2, the ability to identify the active speaker was very easy (only 4 faces to look at). Now with the growth to 3x3, and soon the possibility of 7x7, this will become more challenging.

When a speaker is actively speaking, it is not immediately evident who they are. Other systems have markers that help to ID speakers (Google Hangouts has a green bar under the speaker, Zoom has a green box around the speaker). Both systems also allow you to show the current active speaker in a 'Speaker Mode' opposed to 'Gallery' (Gallery being…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Send to Lobby

Send To Lobby

Hi,
    I wonder if it's possible make an option to send someone to the lobby again.
    I'm using Teams to take some court hearing, and one can't hear what other is saying. Every time I need to remove the person, and ask to rejoin and wait again in the Lobby, but sometimes people doesn't understand and left the meeting... It's quite anoying.

Another option wold be to put someone in hold.

Could you do this, please??

Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Regarding PLC team meeting invitations

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    PLC のチームの会議招待ついて
    Regarding PLC team meeting invitations

■Description(内容):
    PLC のチームにて会議を作成した際、チャネルを指定して会議を開催した場合、"必須出席者を追加" にユーザーを個別で追加すると各ユーザーの予定表に会議予定が表示されるが、"必須出席者を追加" を空欄で開催すると、各ユーザーの予定表に会議の予定が表示されないため、表示される機能の拡充を要望いたします。

When a meeting has been created for a PLC team, if the meeting has been hosted in a particular channel, adding users to “Add required attendees” separately causes the meeting to show on each user’s calendar, but if it is left blank then the meeting will not show up. Please make it so that it will still be displayed on users’ calendars.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. pop out for meeting chat groups

The chat pop out is rolled out, but we use a lot the meeting chat groups, especially for recurring meetings. These don't have pop out enabled, which would be very handy.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Separate gallery window

Can you make a separate gallery window that can be popped out and put on a separate screen? That way you can see the information being presented and also see the participants in a larger format. You can do this as a presenter but not as a guest.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Meeting chairperson's tools to better manage many participants

1. use "raise hand" to create a list of participants asking for the floor in the order in which they have raised their hand.

2. pin the meeting chairperson at the center upper row video stream throughout the meeting.

3. allow the meeting chat to run in a pop-out window or allow the speaker list and chat to be visible simultaneously for the meeting chairperson.

4. allow designated participants in ameeting to assist the chairperson in the assigned duties (such as control the "raised hand" status of participants).

5. Raise hand could also be automatically lowered when a participant is in focus by Teams. Because…
    10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show number of participants prior joining the meeting

Hi,
    I would like to see how many participants are already in the meeting, before joining the meeting.
    This option exists in Skype.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disabling the Raise Hands button

■Title(件名):
    手を挙げるボタンの無効化
    Disabling the Raise Hands button

■Description(内容):
    Education の ​Microsoft Teams にて、手を挙げるボタンを無効、もしくは非表示にする機能を実装希望。
    We hope for a feature to disable or hide the Raise Hands button for Microsoft Teams Education.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let administrators control changes to meeting options

■Title(件名):
    管理者による会議オプションの変更を制御する
    Let administrators control changes to meeting options

■Description(内容):
    作成したTeams会議の会議オプションは開催者にて変更可能ですが、ロビーをバイパスするなどの変更は管理センター上のみで変更したいため、会議オプションを開催者にて制御できないように、管理者で設定したい
    Meeting options for created Teams meetings can be changed by the organizer, but as we only want to allow some changes to be done by the admin center, such as bypassing the lobby etc, we want to let administrators control the settings for meeting options so that the organizer cannot do so.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base