Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In a meeting, show the attendees, message conversation, and display of a screen share.

The message indicator in a meeting is not very helpful, there is no way to see all three at the same time. This would be helpful and user friendly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "New Meeting" modal dialog should be movable

The "New Meeting" model dialog should be movable, so that we can refer previous meetings from the background.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In Outlook, meeting updates should not go directly to the delete folder

I am not receiving any updates to meetings. I have accepted the original meetings, but any updates other than time change, go directly to my delete folder. I need the notifications. This is crucial in business.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Volume Control

It would be great if I could control audio sound for each person on the call. I'm on a video chat with my Design Team all day since I work remotely. I would like to lower the volume for each person on the call to dampen the loud talkers or the people who happen to be in a loud part of the office.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Meeting external guests

Needing to be able to add external users to a meeting more easy. If it's a contact in my outlook it should be able to auto populate in the invite people section. Also should be able to add contact groups that are saved in outlook to a meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to be able to see each person attending a meeting at the bottom of my screen while I am presenting.

I use the meetings to teach and need to present a lesson. While presenting, I would like to be able to see all of the attendees along the bottom of my screen, or at least, I would like to be able to click on someone and see them rather than have to wait for someone to speak.If there are more than four people in a meeting, I can only see four at a time. This makes teaching or running a meeting difficult because if someone doesn't speak, I can't see if they are engaged or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to disable notifications to participants who have been muted in a meeting.

I understand that there is a banner notification in a participant's side informing them that they have been muted. There should be an option in the Teams admin center to disable this notification banner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Meeting Room Location move to below time

When booking meetings in rooms - it would make more sense to have the Time above location - as you normally would book time slot first then look for available rooms - also the room list covers the time when selecting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. List of scheduled meetings attended as history

In skype for business it is possible to see the list of scheduled meetings attended along with the time taken.
    With Meetings, when we go to Calls, we only get the list of adhoc calls made.
    It is ofcourse shown immediately after the call, would be nice if we can see the history of meetings in the calls list or in some other place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams VC Dual Monitor/Screen Support

Unless you have a Teams Room enabled setup (with certified hardware) you are unable to utilise two screens for a video conference.
    Zooms does this automatically, full screen and seamlessly on both TV/Screens.
    We cannot deploy Team room setups due to requiring high end workstations to run 3D models and VR in most rooms.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Quick select multiple cameras

Using up to 3 cameras for e.g. product demos it would be helpful to quick select the one camera currently needed. At the moment teams can obviously switch only from one to the next camera one after the other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. background noise

We have a lot of meetings with internal and external people called in. Those of us who are internal are normally in the same area of the office, but it's easier to sit at our desks and dial in, rather than organise a room. Perhaps it would be possible that background noise that is picked up by all the microphones could be removed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Combine live events with meetings so there is only one meeting option

Our organization struggles with the difference between large meetings and Live meetings. Couldn't you just provide one meeting that has options to nominate a Q&A moderator and producer if required?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Possibility to change default layout for "audio only" participants wasting screen space

Audio only members wasting so much of available screen space. It would be better to give them small icons only with name and/or phone number.
    They could be easily shown under the other video like in the sample...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow presentation and video to exist as separate windows on desktop app for team meetings

In out Video Conference Rooms, we have who displays - one which shows the presentation, and the other which shows the video feeds form the remote sites. I ould like this capability on the desktop app also, but currently I have to choose between video and presentation, and swapping back and forth causes me tom miss things, This capability existed on LifeSize (the system which Teams Meetings replaced) Seems like this in an obvious and beneficial feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 会議室を検索できるようにしたい

新しい会議を設定する際、会議室が検索できず、リストから探している。検索できるようになれば沢山ある会議室からの設定もスムーズに行える

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Record sessions

Can we have an option to record the sessions/meetings that we take using Microsoft Teams?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. participant mood in meeting

Allow participants in a meeting to indicate a "mood" - e.g., like/dislike, positive/negative, faster/slower, possibly. Include a summary of moods in participant list visible to host, presenter, and maybe full audience

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base