Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Maximize presentation area to see only presentation content and not anything else like particpent etc.

Earlier version of teams of skype for business, we could maximize the presentation area and hid everything else, but now on teams we are not able to do so, sometime it requires to see only presentation area, so we can see the presentation correctly. currently only option is maximize the teams meeting window, but it also shows left side menu, participant details etc, which leaves less space for presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple calls on teams

wow we had a meeting with 9 people it was such a mission cause i thought it would work like skype with ability to switch calls, and see more people than the big four people who were reflected, it made for an awkard meeting. Skype allows broadcasting as well as multiple members on the same call with presentation adn call quality not comprised, u have to adopt similar functionality for team calls if it will work for large organisations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. meeting notes tab key

Unable to use tab key to indent in meeting notes. The tab key moves the cursor through different icons and section. For instance when taking notes the tab key jumps the cursor back to the section heading. I, and several colleagues, take notes with a tiered formatting approach which means we have to use the 'increase indent'/'decrease indent' button at the top of the window. A tab function similar to Word, OneNote, etc would be preferred.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. No audio when connected to HDMI for meetings-Please include in Teams

When connecting to the TV via HDMI the audio doesn't play on the TV

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Audio Bridge for MS Teams can be set up like it is available on Skype.

It would be great if Audio Bridge can be set up like it is available on Skype. It would be of great help while attending meetings. The Audio Bridge on Skype is in collaboration with AT&T. If something similar is there on teams, then it would be of immense help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. video

At times (unintentionally), user clicks on the video toggle initiating a video share. We need a user alert to reconfirm with the user whenever video is switched on b/w a call or a note that you are sharing video if video is on for the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Start a meeting with the mic muted

When joining a meeting, the video and mic should be turned off by default to be turned on by the user either per session or globally via settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remote control stops working after a UAC admin window popup

As per the title - Remote Control stops working on remote Windows 10 machine after a UAC pop up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a button on the left menu that allows you to easily share screen with someone. I am trying to do it and can't find the icon to do it

Want to easily share screen with someone I am meeting with, but can't seem to find out how to do that. There should be a share screen request icon on the left menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hide the Take control icon from the users

I would like to hide the Take control icon on the content sharing option from the users who are not granted content sharing permission.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. phone call back not possible if call is dropped-except stop and restart meeting

If I have been called back, and call gets dropped for some reason, I still remain in the meeting but do not have an option to have teams call me back again. I have to drop out of the meeting and rejoin the meeting to get it to call me back. Also there's no expel option, if someone accidentally put the wrong call back number. at last, it would be nice to have the usually called phone numbers to be saved in settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. show when others can see my screen like Skype

Just like Skype, show an indicator in the attendees when they're able to see my screen sharing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Controlling right when sharing contents in Teams meeting

Add a setting that doesn’t give the control to users who are outside of a tenant when sharing contents in Teams meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Buy appear.in and zoom.us meetings platforms, and make Microsoft Teams No. 1

Both appear.in and zoom.us video conferencing are loved world wide because of our logical and painless their video conferencing is.

Microsoft should buy them out, and ensure that their Teams platform becomes No. 1 world wide for ease of use. Teams beats Skype hands down for ease of use, but it's still not as simple as appear.in and zoom.us.

People within our organisation still prefer to use appear.in or zoom.us when organising video meetings with those outside our organisation because of their ease of use. Those two platforms have a greater chance of working first time (with no tech. issues)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. meetings

Would be good to see a working week view when looking at meetings in teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like the ability to see who attended my meeting.

If I go back I can see who "accepted" the invite, but it doesn't reflect who attended. There are some incidents that I need to go back and see who attended. Is there a way that can be captured so as a user I don't need to take screen shots of my attendees?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio Only Conference Admit Users

If someone is dialed in as the administrator of a meeting, they should be able to admit users using the keypad. I don't even know the purpose of the administrator PIN since the only control you get in the "help system - *1" is the mute yourself, "*6". What modern phone doesn't have a mute button anyway?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 60 Audio Conferencing Dial-out minutes is too few

I believe the announced reduction (effective Nov 30 2019) in Audio Conferencing dial-out minutes from 900 to 60 is too severe. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/audio-conferencing-subscription-dial-out

60 minutes per user per month is too few. For a one hour meeting, it's not uncommon for someone to have the service dial out using the "call me" feature, even inside the same country, for example US to US. Now, that one meeting/call would exhaust 100% of the user's contribution of minutes to the pool. At that rate, the entire pool could be exhausted before the end of the first day of the month, and the tenant…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In the Stream site (used to store recorded meetings in Teams) in the Interactive tab, we need a direct link to Forms.office.com

In the portion where you add a Form via interactivity in recorded Teams meetings, there needs to be a direct link to forms.office.com to create the form that you would inject into the meeting. My users get to that point to inject a form and have trouble remembering where to go to make them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.