Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop Emailing Everyone About a Channel Meeting

According to this feedback item this is completed but it is still happening: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17285378-not-automatically-invite-the-whole-team-to-a-chann

I did find this blog post that describes how to turn it off: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/skypehybridguy/2018/01/06/why-do-i-receive-invites-to-channel-meetings-in-microsoft-teams-mystery-solved

Please change the defaults here. Channel meetings should default to NOT EMAIL EVERYONE.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is c

For the meeting invitation generated by Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook, we need to be able to select the invitation language. Outlook is configured in one language but it doesn't mean that all my meetings in Teams will be in that language and that others can read my default language. (At least Skype for Business had an option to use Outlook's language or optionally English)

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Track participation (meeting attendee log)

I'd like to know how many people attended a meeting, when they joined, and when they left. Not all meetings need this but these can be very useful analytics for large presentations.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connect to SfB meeting with Teams client

Make it possible to use the Teams client to access Skype for Business meetings. Thus making it possible for us using Teams to stay within Teams and connect to Skype for Business meetings.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for Airpods

I couldn't hear people talk nor could they hear me when I had my airpods connected to my device. Only happens with teams so I know the problem is not my airpods plus I have confirm with other coworkers who have the same thing happen.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. File sharing of powerpoint is not recorded in meetings

I was recording my meeting that included file sharing (powerpoint file). Afterward, I was watching the record and I've noticed that it wasn't visible. Once I switched to the screen sharing it was visible in the record.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adjust video panes

Need to be able to move video panes and reorganize them on the screen. I.e. if 4 people are in a video call, two will appear in roughly square panes on one side, and another will be in an elongated pane on the left. The left pane is in portrait and we cannot see the group and if this pane were on top, it would be landscape oriented. I mean, just have an option to make it like google hangouts where I can click who to focus on or it auto-senses based on who's talking.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Sorry, we cannot find any building" message, even though RoomList is defined, and shows in Outlook and OWA.

"Sorry, we cannot find any building" message, even though RoomList is defined, and shows in Outlook and OWA.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Video conferencing on web client

I'm trying to get people here to migrate slowing from Skype for Business to Teams. Unfortunately the install able app tends to crash often, so more people are using the web client which is more stable, faster, and cross platform.

Unfortunately it seems a lot of the functionality we need isn't there, like video conferencing. It seems Microsoft keeps trying to push apps instead of web apps and that seems to be a mistake. I'm sure it's easier to implement, but being able to work completely off the Office 365 website without any installed apps is a much preferable method…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

This should be working via the web client.

Can users confirm if you are still having this issue? Please let me know in the comments below.

-Warren

10. Request to enable anonymous join to Teams meetings using Internet Explorer

Currently, anonymous join to the Teams meetings is not allowed when using Internet Explorer by design.

We would like to invite external users to Teams meetings whose environment is Windows 7, so they cannot use Microsoft Edge. Also, they have to use Internet Explorer because they are not allowed to use a third-party browser. Therefore, they have a trouble to join Teams Meetings anonymously.

We would request to improve the function for external users to join Teams meetings anonymously using Internet Explorer.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need to invite non-team members to a channel meeting

When scheduling a channel meeting, we can only invite team members, no one else. We need to be able to invite other people (non-team members), as well as conference rooms. None of our team or the other groups we have piloting this tool can schedule a conference room into a CHANNEL based Teams meeting. If it is a standard Teams meeting, we can invite whoever - so we know it is possible - it just won't work for Channel meetings.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Easy, streamlined, way to invite all of the team to a meeting

Please design an easy, streamlined way to invite the whole team to a meeting and not have to invite them individually or in a workaround way such as creating meetings in Teams with no users. This could be something like an everyone button in Outlook to add all team members, or when inviting in teams adding an everyone button and it sends all members an invite. This is being requested through the Tech Community

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open Teams Meeting in new Window

If you have a meeting in Teams this covers the whole Teams window and it is difficult to share other content from within Teams. So I would prefer to have the meeting in a separate window so that you can easily switch between the meeting and other content you want to share.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Possibility to pause a video recording

It would be great to have a possibility to pause and continue meeting recording.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Outlook invites for meetings

As far as I can see when I see up a meeting in a channel there aren't any notifications or invites sent to Outlook calendars of those in the team (channel). Please tell me if I can change this myself otherwise can it be added to a future release please? Thanks

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Audio Feedback Loops

We need a feature (similar to Skype for Business) to control how a user joins the audio portion of the meeting. The product works perfectly right now if everyone uses telephony headsets, but get 4 Surface Pros in a room, have everyone click the "Join" button and then wait for your ears to bleed as the audio all feeds back.

Even having 3 out of 4 users click the mute button doesn't solve the problem because the meeting audio is still coming out of their speakers and feeding back into the one user who is using their mic to run…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cancel Meeting within a Series

When running scrum, often times single occurrences of a recurring meeting need to be cancelled. For example, on days where we have demo or sprint planning we usually cancel our daily standup. It would be great if we could do this with meetings that are scheduled using Microsoft Teams

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatic recording meetings

If you know beforehand that a meeting should be recorded then it would be nice to have an option when scheduling the meeting to start recording automatically. This can help with not forgetting to start recording and save some time and effort not having to remember to do it manually.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make meeting minutes shareable

Currently if I join a meeting on Teams, there is an option to take meeting notes. It's a neat fetaure, but there is no way to export the contents of the note, I have to copy-paste it section by section.
    Please make a share button / option.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Polls and Forms in Meetings

There have been several members on the Tech Community who have asked to have forms and polls in meetings. Currently can have notes, whiteboard, files etc. Snap polls were a part of SfB but having Microsoft Forms and Polls (whether via Polly or a native app) would be an improvement and a much more interactive meeting! Best, Chris

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.