Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notification when a team call starts

When someone calls you from a chat it's very obvious, you get a little pop up window which notifies you.

However when someone starts a meeting within a team it's far less obvious - could we have the same sort of banner/notification as a chat call?

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    in testing  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is now in the testing stages! I hope to have an ETA date soon.

-Warren

2. Screen Sharing greyed out for external contacts

Looks like there is no way to share my screen with someone outside my organization. The dedicated button is just greyed out.

Teams shows the following message in the chat window: "... is outside your organization. Some Teams features won't be available"

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. remote control uac

We're using Teams for chat and video meetings, but would like to use the screen sharing and remote control for troubleshooting and suppport requests. However, Windows does not pass UAC prompts through the Teams screen sharing.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Meeting invitation customization

I'd like to see an option to customize the teams meeting invitation sent from outlook add-in the same way it can be done in Skype for business.
    Attached is a screenshot from sfb admin center.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop Recording on Exit

We need an option/pop-up to stop recording on meeting exit. At the moment if someone who is recording a meeting exits the meeting, the recording continues forever. What's worse is that the person who started the recording is the only one who can stop it. I "get" that part of the reason why only one person owns the recording is because of the need to associate the recording with a particular Microsoft Steam account... so what I propose are two things:

1. On exit, if you are recording, you are given a prompt to also end recording or leave it…

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make widescreen option in video calls

When there are only 2 video callers on Teams, you can see the video in widescreen mode. However, with 3 or more callers, the video is severely cropped and you can no longer see a widescreen view of the room. This creates a very poor video experience since you can no longer see everyone in the room. It would be nice if there was an option to view participants in widescreen mode. Even in this sample image, you can see the room on the left only shows one person and everyone else at the table is cut off. If it…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Polls and Forms in Meetings

There have been several members on the Tech Community who have asked to have forms and polls in meetings. Currently can have notes, whiteboard, files etc. Snap polls were a part of SfB but having Microsoft Forms and Polls (whether via Polly or a native app) would be an improvement and a much more interactive meeting! Best, Chris

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let me see clicks of callee when presenting via screen sharing

The idea is taken from TeamViewer, where you are able to show to presenter where you clicked on the shared screen. This feature is really usefull, when someone tries to explain something to presenter (or to other people when the call is for more people) and the presenter cannot see/understand what he's really thinks.

Usually, when we have our skype meetings, we use TeamViewer for screen sharing, because we can easily show what part of code is problematic by click on the shared screen. When we click on it then cursor with name of the person who clicked is shown.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still on the backlog, no additional details are available at the moment.

-Warren

9. Out of Office

Show Out of Office or automatic reply in Teams Status like we used to have for Skype for Business.

It should show in the status Out of Office and then the message 'I am out of the office between X date and X date

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Skype Room System + Teams doesn't provide dial pad once a call is connected

Using a Skype Room System with an E5 license allows you to initiate a telephone call either via Skype or via Teams. When using the Teams option, you can dial a telephone # but once connected the dial pad is no longer accessible. When dialing into a conference #, this is often required in order to enter a PIN or conference code. The Skype option allows this dial pad access after a call is connected.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OneNote Meeting Details (outlook) integration

Currently there is a "Meeting Details" feature in OneNote or "Meeting Notes" feature in outlook. This feature allows you to link a OneNote page to a meeting, it pulls in the meeting details, and using skype it automatically tracks who is in attendance.

Please expand this feature to Teams so that it automatically tracks who is in attendance. It would also be nice to expand upon this feature to have it automatically create pages when a meeting is scheduled for that team.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pausing screen sharing in Teams Meeting

Similar to Webex, GoToMeeting, Zoom, and JoinMe...It would be really helpful to be able to pause screensharing vs have to start and stop every time you might need to pause sharing. Hope this capability is coming. Thanks!

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop Emailing Everyone About a Channel Meeting

According to this feedback item this is completed but it is still happening: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17285378-not-automatically-invite-the-whole-team-to-a-chann

I did find this blog post that describes how to turn it off: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/skypehybridguy/2018/01/06/why-do-i-receive-invites-to-channel-meetings-in-microsoft-teams-mystery-solved

Please change the defaults here. Channel meetings should default to NOT EMAIL EVERYONE.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for Airpods

I couldn't hear people talk nor could they hear me when I had my airpods connected to my device. Only happens with teams so I know the problem is not my airpods plus I have confirm with other coworkers who have the same thing happen.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "Sorry, we cannot find any building" message, even though RoomList is defined, and shows in Outlook and OWA.

"Sorry, we cannot find any building" message, even though RoomList is defined, and shows in Outlook and OWA.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When recording a meeting, record the screen that is being shared.

We just recorded a meeting for our team. No one used their cameras, but we were all watching someone's screen being shared to follow along with the code example. The recorded meeting only shows the icons of folks on the team, it does not show the screen we were all watching.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Track participation (meeting attendee log)

I'd like to know how many people attended a meeting, when they joined, and when they left. Not all meetings need this but these can be very useful analytics for large presentations.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Possibility to pause a video recording

It would be great to have a possibility to pause and continue meeting recording.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs

Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs to users

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatic recording meetings

If you know beforehand that a meeting should be recorded then it would be nice to have an option when scheduling the meeting to start recording automatically. This can help with not forgetting to start recording and save some time and effort not having to remember to do it manually.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.