Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Prevent users from joining meeting after it has ended

After a meeting has ended, we'd like the ability for hosts to "delete" or "lock" their meetings so participants cannot join the meeting again once it has ended.

661 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

69 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep background settings between calls

The new backgrounds are great! However, settings go back to default after the call has ended. Please remember my previous camera background setting so I don't have to set it again every call.
    Second choice is to be able to set blur or background before entering the call.

658 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Chroma Key green screen feature to Microsoft Teams meetings/recordings, similar to blur feature

Would like to add Chroma Key green screen effect for Microsoft Teams Meet Now meetings and recordings, envision working similar to new Blur feature, want to key out green screen background and replace with an image and/or Microsoft Stream / YouTube video -tg

606 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show meeting full screen

When double clicking the screen for the meeting, it should toggle the full screen mode

588 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

215 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. share custom area of screen

Teams full desktop screen sharing is not usable when one person has a wide or high resolution screen. Others who do not have a similar monitor have no way to see or zoom adequately. It would be ideal to have the ability to share a custom area of the screen similar to what Zoom meetings currently allow. As wide screen and curved monitors become more popular, this will become more important to address.

579 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Participant controls in meetings - block attendee video

Just another Skype for Business feature that hasn't been built in Teams yet - need the ability to block / disable all attendee video as part of standard participant controls (including make all participants attendees, mute all, mute lock etc.) This was done really well in Skype for Business, but for some reason we are starting from scratch with meeting participant controls in Teams.

571 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a feature to attach documents to meeting invitations....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't belive this is something not featured by Teams yet..!!

562 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

134 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Feature: Add ability to adjust call audio volume

In Skype I could adjust the volume on the application level. This isn't possible in teams

561 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

167 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hide or move the meeting toolbar during a Teams meeting

Is it possible to move the meeting toolbar during a Teams meeting? It is usually right over something I want to read from what is being shared. I tried dragging without success and can't see a way to minimise it as we could with Skype.

The only way to hide it is to click outside of the bar once.
    However, as soon as you move your mouse pointer the bar re-appears... I need something more controllable, as I often need to flick into other docs for reference while in meetings.

521 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Assign multiple organizers on a Teams meeting

It would be great if Teams could allow us to assign multiple meeting organizers on a meeting because currently only the organizer can change the meeting option and close the meeting and the meeting can only have a single organizer. This is not convenient for our business.

511 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Increase the Number of Allowed Participants in a Meeting.

For a large company, I do not feel that capping meeting participants at 250 makes sense. I believe that this limit should be increased to allow large meetings with 500+ employees if necessary instead of a company having to buy an additional license to use Cisco WebEx Meetings.

511 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently rolling out the increase for the Teams meeting limit. The new permanent meeting limit is 300 participants (in the meeting call and the chat). We expect this to be enabled by the end of June for the public cloud, with government clouds to follow.

For additional info on Meetings limits in Teams, visit: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams#meetings-and-calls

For insight into the Roadmap, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=64225

Thanks.

12. End meeting means End meeting

Once the meeting has ended, no more people can join it or get back in, no more people can write in the associated chat. Ending the meeting actually ends the meeting completely and no more contributions to that meeting can be made

Referred from

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/removing-scheduled-meetings-from-the-posts-tab-after-they-ve/m-p/1340067

501 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. No Chat Notifications When Meeting is Declined in Outlook

1. I get a Teams meeting invite in Outlook.

2. I decline the invite.

3. If someone in that meeting posts in Chat, then I get a notification from a meeting I declined! I have to go to Teams and leave the meeting.

Additional Info: My meeting invite is through a group list.

493 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Easy, streamlined, way to invite all of the team to a meeting

Please design an easy, streamlined way to invite the whole team to a meeting and not have to invite them individually or in a workaround way such as creating meetings in Teams with no users. This could be something like an everyone button in Outlook to add all team members, or when inviting in teams adding an everyone button and it sends all members an invite. This is being requested through the Tech Community

486 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Animation or video backgrounds for background effects

Allow for looped video or animated gifs as background effects. Think this could be a great addition to the existing still image background effects feature.

476 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. unable to unmute dialed in users

When muting all users during a meeting with "mute all" it also mutes the dialed in users. However they are unable to unmute themselves as they are dialed in. There is also no way for me to unmute those users requiring them to call back in

448 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Meeting Minutes Tool

It would be great to have the ability to have a meeting minutes tool included in OneNote that documents who is saying what and logs all of the conversations in chat, saves a recording, and has a file share library associated to each meeting, then it can be filed with other meetings or projects so everything is in one place.

447 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Move the banner to the top right or allow setting to move it. It covers the text box.

The notification banner shows in the bottom right. Allow users to select where they want it (top or bottom). It covers up the text box so I cannot see what I am typing when it appears.

442 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Audio and Video call on every browser

Now just Edge support audio and video calls. Making Teams work on all main browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) should be a priority . I need Teams to work with all my customers and I can't force them to install software on their machines.

434 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Split screen camera and desktop

Right now Teams only allows you to view 4 user's cameras full screen, or a screenshare full screen. One of the things my company is looking into accomplishing is being able to allow a meeting attendee to see both the screenshare AND a user camera feed in a split screen. Right now you get one or the other. The ability to minimize/maximize each presenter's window to the size the attendee would like.

433 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base