Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Personal Muting of Other Participants

I would like a feautre that enables you to mute other participants personally (only that we can't hear them, but others can).

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/feature-request-personally-mute-participant-in-teams-meeting/m-p/356242#

Please visit this link to view a better explanation.

792 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

106 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Me to Set Video Quality

During meeting calls where my internet is running slow, I'd like to lower the video resolution / quality in order to help better stream audio. Right now, there's no ability to throttle video quality.

768 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Participant controls in meetings - block attendee video

Just another Skype for Business feature that hasn't been built in Teams yet - need the ability to block / disable all attendee video as part of standard participant controls (including make all participants attendees, mute all, mute lock etc.) This was done really well in Skype for Business, but for some reason we are starting from scratch with meeting participant controls in Teams.

767 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. End meeting means End meeting

Once the meeting has ended, no more people can join it or get back in, no more people can write in the associated chat. Ending the meeting actually ends the meeting completely and no more contributions to that meeting can be made

Referred from

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/removing-scheduled-meetings-from-the-posts-tab-after-they-ve/m-p/1340067

760 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft Teams Meeting On-Hold options

We're looking for an option to place a Microsoft Team Meeting 'On-Hold', similar to how you can when you're on a Microsoft Team call.i think this feature will improve the users' experience during the Teams meeting.

746 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. No Chat Notifications When Meeting is Declined in Outlook

1. I get a Teams meeting invite in Outlook.
    2. I decline the invite.
    3. If someone in that meeting posts in Chat, then I get a notification from a meeting I declined! I have to go to Teams and leave the meeting.

Additional Info: My meeting invite is through a group list.

738 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show meeting full screen

When double clicking the screen for the meeting, it should toggle the full screen mode

737 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

269 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide or move the meeting toolbar during a Teams meeting

Is it possible to move the meeting toolbar during a Teams meeting? It is usually right over something I want to read from what is being shared. I tried dragging without success and can't see a way to minimise it as we could with Skype.

The only way to hide it is to click outside of the bar once.
    However, as soon as you move your mouse pointer the bar re-appears... I need something more controllable, as I often need to flick into other docs for reference while in meetings.

728 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

139 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Manage default Teams Video layout

We should be able to manage how incoming video is displayed to meeting participants. Currently the default view is fill frame, which is poor to use, especially with meeting rooms with people being cut off and the camera panning back and forth. We should be able to choose at a tenant level that the video should fit the frame, rather than telling all of our users that they need to right click the video, and change it manually.

697 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I want you to be able to control the notification sound for lobby waiting.

A notification tone sounds when there are users waiting in the lobby.
    If this notification sound is present during the meeting, it will interfere with the meeting.
    Therefore, please implement the function that controls this notification sound.

644 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pop out for video/live events/meetings

During live seminars or video conferences it would be helpful to pop out the session into a separate window so that we have full access to the teams main app during these sessions. It is distracting to have to switch to different chats even when though we already have the pop out chats.

631 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Feature: Add ability to adjust call audio volume

In Skype I could adjust the volume on the application level. This isn't possible in teams

629 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

186 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Self-selecting breakout rooms

Organizers can create different break out rooms for different discussion topics, and meeting attendees can choose which one to go to (maybe by selecting a button at the appropriate time in the meeting)? This would be very useful for teachers or meeting organizers who want to give attendees choices without needing to preassign attendees or trying to sort attendees into the appropriate groups once meetings have started. In our case, we had Back to School Night for parents, and parents had a hard time using the different links to go to the presentations they wanted to see (similar to the…

614 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Together mode in Linux

Working towards feature parity on Linux - can we get Together mode on Linux?

608 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mute microphone by default when joining a meeting

I've seen other user voice topics on this issue, and some even say there are fixes in place, but it only applies when 4 or more participants are on a call. Most of our Teams meetings are using the Audio Conferencing add-on, so when a customer joins a meeting on their laptop (after already calling in to the conferencing bridge) they generate a bad echo. Yes, this can be resolved with training, but why can't we at least have the option to disable the microphone by default (regardless of the number of attendees in a meeting)

597 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs

Implement the ability to assign static meeting IDs to users

590 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 562 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Prevent users from joining a meeting

Add a setting to prevent users who are not a member of the Team/O365 Group from joining the Teams meeting. This setting should exist in the Outlook client as well as the Teams client, web app, and mobile app.

Similarly, prevent people who were not invited directly by the meeting organizer from joining the meeting. (e.g., meeting invite was forwarded or meeting link was copied and sent to user who was not directly invited).

561 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add ability to unmute someone you muted

Add ability to unmute someone you muted. I discretely muted someone who had a loud audio whine coming through their system during a meeting and when I asked them a question and tried to un-mute them, I discovered I could not and then had to explain he was muted.

Please make it so if a user mutes someone they can also unmute them. The only person who should be able to unmute a user that muted themselves is themself. But if a another user mutes a user, then either user should be able to unmute. There should be an indication/notification…

556 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Increase the Number of Allowed Participants in a Meeting.

For a large company, I do not feel that capping meeting participants at 250 makes sense. I believe that this limit should be increased to allow large meetings with 500+ employees if necessary instead of a company having to buy an additional license to use Cisco WebEx Meetings.

547 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently rolling out the increase for the Teams meeting limit. The new permanent meeting limit is 300 participants (in the meeting call and the chat). We expect this to be enabled by the end of June for the public cloud, with government clouds to follow.

For additional info on Meetings limits in Teams, visit: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams#meetings-and-calls

For insight into the Roadmap, please visit: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=64225

Thanks.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base