Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a break screen & background music when on a facilitated session

When I have longer sessions facilitated through MS Teams, it would be great to have a default screen with accompanying music in a break during the session. This will help avoid dull silence and confusion for attendees who join during the break.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to be able to set up a Bi-weekly meeting and cannot.

I need to se up a bi-weekly meeting in Teams and cannot, is there a work around?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "End meeting" button in Teams

The "End meeting" button in Teams is no longer available when we assign the meeting from the Booking calendar to another employee.

After a Booking Reservation made by the citizens, the employees receive the reservation in the calendar with success and the associated Teams meetings can take place correctly.
    But if a staff is not available for instance and we assign his meeting/booking to another staff ; the button "End meeting" in Teams is no longer available for the latter

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Organising meeting based on people's diary

I work as a secretary and I often have a job of organising a meeting for 10+ people at the time that suits them all!

Checking diaries one by one is ineffective so there should be a script that pulls data form people's diaries and selects the most popular time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Require guest meeting attendee to take photo

Require or enforce guest meeting attendee to take photo for further lobby approval. Currently, approver is only approve based on provided guest name, but no second evidence. If this can be applied, it could add more 1 level of security on meeting attendance control.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Extra Features

[1] On screen Video View should be at least 5x5 to meet minimum requirement. [2] An Organiser should have the capability to unmute a participant. [3] At the same time an organiser may please be enabled to mute all participants and then participants will not be able to unmute themselves. [4]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Meet Now icon in a channel should not be a video camera but something representing a meeting

The video camera is unintuitive and is easily confused with the Streams icon. Better to have a classic 3 heads icon to represent a meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DESKTOP: Send message with option to send it discreetly or silently. (when receiving user is in a meeting or is presenting).

Send message with option to send it discreetly or silently. (when the receiving user is in a meeting or is presenting ).
    Eg: I want to send message, for eg to my manager but I don't want the message to show up on his screen when they presenting.

So an option to send discreetly while the user is presenting would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Online teaching. When presenting, be able to see students' video feeds alongside presentation window to pose questions and evaluate engageme

For teaching I need to be able to see/scroll through up to 32 participants. This is to check on engagement and evaluate understanding through body language & expressional cues. I need to ensure active involvement of every student through targeted questioning as concepts are developed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. OneNote

I like to use OneNote to take notes during meetings - but the functionality to be able to quickly pull up a file to reference, have the meeting box open AND take notes isn't easy - - each time I navigate away from OneNote I have to relaunch it which makes it difficult.

Suggestion - can we make it so OneNote can be a separate Window?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. check in buttons

Allow users to post a thumbs up, thumbs down, question mark to show everyone on meetings. This way when the presenter asks if everyone understands, people can post thumbs up, allows presenter to check in with entire team or follow progress without dead silence meaning yes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Being able to pin someone, but not have it be the only persopn on the screen

Teams is very limited - on ipad you can only see 4 people. So being able to pin someone is essential. But when you pin someone it becomes even more limited as its the only screen you see. It would be great to be able to keep someone up there but also have others. It would be even more great to not just have 4 screens on an ipad, not sure why that is lagging. Cant use teams when i have a broader important meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I would like to use Front and Back Web Cameras on my surface pro in teams meetings

I would like to use Front and Back Web Cameras on my Surface Pro in teams meetings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Manage the meeting with DTMF commands

Hello,
    I would like to have the same DTMF commands to manage meeting by phone as it can be possible on Skype OnPrem :
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/join-a-meeting-or-conference-call-by-phone-6d849004-d9f4-44f3-8ce2-5620cfd41234?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When a user raises their hand drop a note into the chat stream

Provide an option, configurable by channel/meeting, that drops a note into the chat window when someone raises their hand.

This solves for both visibility and ordering of hand raises.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New meeting from chat

Currently, Teams allows users to create a new meeting in an existing Channel. This function should be extended so that a user can create a new meeting in an existing Chat, so that the same group of people, and the same notes, are kept continuously.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable ScreenShare for Multiple Folks

Enable a Feature were more than one person on the Call can share and show their Screens Many time we are in calls and People Switch from one Screen sharing to other losing time and breaking the flow of the discussion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Setting to prevent users who use the screen sharing function from having the window showing their camera etc. minimized in the top-right.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 会議中に画面共有操作を行ったユーザーのカメラ映像等を表示しているウィンドウが右下へ縮小されない設定の実装
    Setting to prevent users who use the screen sharing function from having the window showing their camera etc. minimized in the top-right.

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 会議中に画面共有操作を行ったユーザーのカメラ映像等を表示しているウィンドウが右下へ縮小されてしまい、拡大等の表示が行えない。
    画面共有者が、画面を縮小だけではなく拡大できる設定について実装してほしい。
    Users who have shared their screens in a Teams meeting will have the windowed display of their camera etc. minimized in the top right, and it is not possible to maximize it.
    Please add a function so that users who are sharing their screen can not only minimize, but also maximize this screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Highlight the frame of the user speaking on video calls

Sometimes it is hard to identify the user who is speaking on a meeting. The name appears on bold and the initials (when camera is off) has some effect. I think that highlighhting the frame with a visible color could be helpfull

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)