Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Schedule a Meeting within Chat

Chat is our natural tool for interaction between team members.

I frequently want to video chat with one or more team members where it would be proper to have the information persist within the chat channel, but I want to schedule the video chat for a later time. Also, it would be nice to have immediate access to the calendars of fellow chat partners to get a sense of what they are doing and when they might be available. I don't want to blindly start a video, audio or even text chat when it may be a distraction. The availability…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook addin needs to allow choosing location when creating teams meeting

This uservoice says that it's done, but it's not useful yet because one cannot choose the team and channel. Without channel the ability isn't useful. https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16958275-teams-meeting-in-outlook

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Meetings View

On the desktop app I can see meetings i have until Monday on a weekly view, Wednesday on a daily view and if i look on the mobile app i can see up to next Thursday. Is there any way to have them all the same and view a month?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to add mobile numbers in a bridge calll

Currently I don’t see an option to add a mobile number in a bridge call. It will be helpful to include this option to pull people who are away from their computers during critical outages. S4B has this functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Blocking Time slots in Meetings without an Invitee.

I can't block time slots out on my calendar from Meetings. I can't create a Meeting without a participant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want to save changes but NOT send an update to everyone.

I am trying to get the time corrected for my 'meeting' but it would let me save without sending to everyone. I would like to choose 'when' I send the update to everyone and not everytime I try a correction.

your 'TIME' selection is really not working for me and I have to fix it everytime!

AND I have NOT IDEA WHAT You would like me to title my questions or suggestions!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add current Teams meetings in progress to the left Navigation menu

Didn't see this particular one yet. The left Navigation menu has icons for Activity, Chat, Meetings (Calendar) and Teams (Workspaces with files) Calls, Files, OneNote, etc., etc.. What it does NOT have is an icon that represents a nav link when we are actually participating in a Teams Meeting (with audio and video).

Given that MS wants Teams to be the end all-be all for online collaboration, it is frustrating that my 'live' meeting is a small window-in-a-window that gets in my way instead of being reduced to a nav bar icon similar to just about every MS OS post…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. chat if invited to a meeting

Users should not receive meeting chats unless they actually join the meeting. Getting chats for a meeting you haven't even accepted seems like a huge flaw.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Highlight who is talking

When you in a large meeting. It would great to know who is talking. Possible change the color of the icon of the person talking or add a speaker icon on their icon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Turn camera off by default

I cannot find anyway to tell Teams to NEVER turn my camera on unless I take an explicit action. I work from home. I take meetings at odd times and am not always dressed. This is going to lead to embarrassment as my slider that covers my camera isn't always in the right place.
    If the ability to set it or persist it from one session to another exists, there is no evidence of it.
    I can't imagine why anyone would think it's a good idea to default to a camera being on. :-(
    Please fix this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hide email address of people invited to meetings

It would be very useful if it were possible to hide the email address of the people invited into a meeting session - both from the email attachment of the invitation and from the list of attendees.

I understand the need for showing who is going to attend the meeting, but a simple name or initials should do.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. End meeting for everyone

As the meeting organizer, I want to end the meeting when I leave. In Skype for Business there was an option to end the meeting for all instead of just hanging up and leaving everyone else in the meeting
    I am currently training people how to use Teams and suddenly realised ths is missing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Move People Who Are Speaking to the top of the participants panel

It would be nice if people who are speaking are moved to the top of the list in the participants panel. This way if someone is unmuted in a large call you are not having to scroll through 100 people to find the one person to mute.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable a meeting agenda template in teams meetings

In Outlook you can create a custom form to use as a standard meeting agenda template, that can be selected when requesting a meeting, so all invitees know in advance what the meeting is about, what will be expected and if they need to prepare anything for the meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need a public information of the meeting URL expiring date

I would like to know if the Teams meeting URL would be expired, or if so, how long the URL would be available. It would be great if we have any public information about it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow recording Teams meetings while the video upload is restricted in Stream

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Streamで動画のアップロードを制御している場合でも、Teamsの会議録画機能は利用したい

Allow recording Teams meetings while the video upload is restricted in Stream
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、Streamの動画アップロードを制御されている場合 Teamsの会議録画機能を利用できない為、Teamsでの会議録画だけは利用できるよう個別での設定機能を実装してほしい。

Currently, if the video upload is restricted in Stream, we are not able to use meeting recording feature in Teams. Please allow us to use recording feature in Teams individually regardless the video upload restriction in Stream.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Break out Meetings into a separate window

I would like to have the option to break out the meeting into a separate window rather than have the meeting shrink into the upper-left-hand corner of the Teams window.

Some times, I have a dual screen and I want to have my meeting on a full screen on one window and address issues through chat in another window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Functionality - From an outlook meeting invite, select all the attendees to create a new team

Functionality - From an outlook meeting invite, select all the attendees to create a new team in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Continue to work in another app while meeting video is moved to a corner compact window

In skype we had this feature where meeting video could be make into a small compact window and user could continue to work on the computer.
    In teams we can't do this easily. Our doctors, during telemed session with patient like to continue to chart/document care notes while viewing the patient video session in a smaller corner window.
    We are having to do a workaround by sharing an empty notepad screen and minimizing it, then getting the actual window that we need to work on. This brings up a small compact window of patient's meeting video, however recently a toolbar…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. repeating a meeting every 2 weeks

When I book a meeting, can you add the option of repeating this every other week?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.