Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Private Chat in Meetings and Anonomous Comment in Meetings

1 - The interface needs to support a secondary private chat so attendees of meetings can chat privately for issues that do not need to be voiced to the entire meeting. 2 - An Anonymous chat or comment feature sould be available so those who may be a bit introverted can have their questions addressed without drawing attention to themselves.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Participant ID Feature (Prevent One User Dialing in via Phone AND Joining via Computer Audio) ECHO ECHO ECHO

Microsoft Teams is lacking one major feature which make it's use extremely limiting.

Today in the email invite for a meeting there is an audio conferencing number in addition to a "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" link.

The average user sees the phone number and first dials in, then they click on the link. When they click on the link, becuase they're already dialed in, they just click Join. The default setting is the microphone on the PC is left turned on.

When they join, that one user now shows two "Seats" in the meeting. Their name for the application joined…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Meeting Location Capacity

It would be useful to see the capacity of a room included when scheduling a meeting in Teams. At this moment, it just displays the room name but no other useful information. You can see the capacity of a room Outlook and still make a Teams meeting. Unless the room names are lengthy, there is plenty of space to put a few digits.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Easy and Short URL for meeting

Easy share short customized url for meetings. Also option to share via instant messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Skype and other.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. By allowing the user to select which videos are shown

Often when I'm in a meeting there are two feeds (videos) that I would like to see, for example the presentation deck and the video feed for the speaker or the room. Please provide a way for the user to select which video streams and how they would like them tiled.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom background in video calls

The blur background feature in video calls works very well, I use it often when working at home. It would be both useful and great fun if one could select custom background either from existing image file or some built-in backgrounds.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. disable audible notifications at the meeting level as opposed to tenant level

While you can currently control audible notifications at the tenant level this is not possible at the meeting options level for each meeting. Please introduce this ability.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams meeting schedules not being reflected on team members’ schedules

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams の会議予約が登録者以外のチームのメンバーのスケジュールに反映しない

Teams meeting schedules not being reflected on team members’ schedules

■Description(内容):
    Teams でチームを選択して会議予約すると、登録作業者のスケジュールには会議予約が反映するが、チームの各メンバーのスケジュールには反映しない。
    参加漏れを防ぐためにも、チームを指定した会議予約をチーム メンバーのスケジュールに反映する機能の実装を希望します。

When scheduling a meeting by selecting a team in Microsoft Teams, the schedule is reflected on the user who booked the meeting, but it is not reflected on other members’ schedules.
    To make everyone in the team attend the meeting certainly, the scheduled meeting for specific teams should be reflected on team members schedules.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Request Control in a meeting

When in a Teams Meeting anyone can Take Control - this is not great if you are presenting and want to stop others taking over and sharing their screen etc. It used to be that a user would request control (like you do when sharing a document) then the meeting organiser can grant control or not.

If a participant takes control they can move sides and even start recording - not good practice. Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate Microsoft FindTime

Microsoft FindTime currently schedules Teams meetings and currently integrates with Outlook. However, it would be great to integrate FindTime directly into Teams so that team members could place a FindTime poll invite into the Conversation for a team, then use it to schedule the appropriate Teams meeting. Or, use FindTime instead of the Scheduling Assistant when creating a new meeting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dinging when callers join and hang up

It's really hard to listen on a group call (100-150 people) when your meeting constantly chimes/dinging when callers call in or hang up the call. It's very disruptive and hard to hear the presenter unless your in the room with them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need a public information of the meeting URL expiring date

I would like to know if the Teams meeting URL would be expired, or if so, how long the URL would be available. It would be great if we have any public information about it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams meeting live caption language support 会議のライブキャプション:言語追加

Please enhance the language support for live caption in teams meeting. Live caption is currently only available in English. Please add Japanese as well as other languages.

会議のライブキャプションの言語を追加してください。現在は英語のみ対応です。日本語を含む多言語でのサポートを追加お願いします。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the first day of the week default to the Day of the week in Windows

The first day of the week always defaults to Sunday in Teams (Meeting section) although my system (Windows 10) has a default set to Monday. This is not synced to Teams which is always Sunday. Please use the system default.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability by user to turn on/off Lobby admissions

We have the need for the meeting organizer to turn/off the lobby feature.
    Many meetings I hold there is no need for having to admit users individually. They should be automatically come in..

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Convert meeting into team

Would be great to be able to convert a meeting into a team. e.g we've just had a meeting regarding XYZ which we agreed is a good idea. Would be great to then press a button and have the meeting converted into a new team.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow you to look at meetings further than 2 weeks. need to cancel a meeting and cannot because it only goes 2 weeks out. Thank you.

Allow a person to cancel a meeting further than 2 weeks. Or allow to cancel from the Outlook invite. Today is July 2 and I need to cancel a meeting on July 22. but I can only view meetings through July 15. very frustrating. Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sizing adjustment for video

Would be great to be able to zoom to the video of the meeting participant that is speaking, or zoom to one participant, or at a minimum if there was an option when multiple participant video feed are displayed simultaneously the the video aspect ratio is not altered (similar to in Zoom video meetings).
    The issue I often have is that Teams will alter the aspect ratio to an extent that I can only see about 1/3 of the original video (the centre). It will turn a widescreen video of three people beside each other into a tall skinny feed…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Meeting Channel

Create a new Tab for all meetings either for the Team or Channel. This would allow to find old meetings with video and notes easier.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Often, when I'm in a conference call, I'm physically located beside other meeting attendees. So I hear their voice twice. Allow me to mute.

Often, when I'm in a conference call, I'm physically located beside other meeting attendees. So I hear their voice twice. Allow me to mute select attendees.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base