Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When I click on a Time segment in Meetings tab the schedule a meeting menu opens up to that date and time.

Currently when you click on schedule a meeting it defaults to the current day. If I navigate to a date I should be able to click on a time segment the schedule meeting should pop up and already be set to that day and time and all i have to do is: title, add members, and change the end time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. log out

New policies and/or settings for users are not applying until a user chooses to "Log out" in the Teams client. This has caused an issue for our organization when deploying "Recording" for Teams Meetings and also for "External Encoder" option for Live Events (Broadcast).

It is my understanding that Teams works differently than Skype for Business. Any time that a SfB client is opened, it receives all new policies. However, a Teams user will NOT receive new policy settings if the users reboots the machine, sleeps the machine, chooses the "quit" option or chooses "End Task" through Task Manager.

Request…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. meeting in outlook and teams out of sync

Or at least is really slow. They need to sync immediately upon saving the change.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Meeting organizer should not be set to Team mailbox

When I create a meeting and select a team and channel then the Meeting organizer is set to the Team mailbox. When attendees responds/rejects/accepts etc. the the notification is sent to the team mailbox instead of me who initiated the meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix the banner on teams meetings

After setting up teams meetings, I was disappointed to learn the company banner section is not displayed in the invite. Even though the the teams settings allow you to add a company logo, after speaking to Microsoft support, they said it currently doesn't work. Please fix the company logo for meeting invites like the skype for business one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. See Meeting Description while in a teams meeting

While in a meeting, you can't see the meeting description which is a bit weird. Often there's useful information like an agenda or references that need to be discussed, and it's weird that there's no way to view it directly in the meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. web cam default should be off when joining a meeting

When joining a meeting the default for your web cam should be OFF in order to save on bandwidth. It was defaulting off for the last several weeks and then all of a sudden today, it appears to be defaulting on again....so frustrating!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Meeting notifications

Show the start and finish times of a coworker's meeting, and possibly subscribe to that coworker's meeting to be notified when he/she is done.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Host a teams meeting in a pre-exsisting chat and be able to select this group when scheudling the meeting via outlook plug in

My team and I have a Named Group Chat, we use this for daily conversations, file sharing...etc. We basically get all our work done here. We also sync weekly via a teams meeting. We would like to be able to schedule this meeting to show up in our Named Group Chat. Currently it goes into a separate Chat for the meeting. Keeping all our conversations and files in the same chat would be helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add or change a meeting name after the meeting has started

Hello, I would like to be able to add or change the name of a meeting or "add a topic" after the meeting has already started. If you forget to populate that in the beginning you have to start all over with a new meeting. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Logo in meeting invitations

SfB allows the admin to set a logo to be included in email invitations for meetings. Can we have the same functionality in Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ability to put up a "steped away for a moment" up during a video meeting

It would come in handy if during a video meeting you could toggle something to put up an away screen during a meeting in case you had to step away.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. would love to have a calender shared only by our clinic where we can put leave dates etc in and important events

calender for our clinic whereby leave and events can be listed for only our staff to view

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Meeting requests sent to new Team member

When an existing Team has a new member added, it would be nice to have any existing meeting requests on that Team/Group calendar to show up for the new person (either in one summary email where they can pick which events to add to their calendars), or have it pop up on their calendar automatically. Right now, I add users to the Team, then have to also add them individually to existing meeting requests.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Meetings tab disappeared

There is no meetings tab available... I'm trying to set-up MS Teams within my company for the first time. I need this feature available or else the adoption will end before it started.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Connect to SfB meeting with Teams client

Make it possible to use the Teams client to access Skype for Business meetings. Thus making it possible for us using Teams to stay within Teams and connect to Skype for Business meetings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stand alone Meeting Apps

Meetings are very important for many. Similar to Skype Meeting app or Zoom app.It will be great if you can develop stand alone meetings clients for android and iOS too. Makes its a better replacement for Zoom.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the agenda view more than one week in advance

When I click on meetings, I can only see one week in advance. I should be able to see, day, week, month or year.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integration con Stuff Hub

I would like to share planning of people of stuff hub and view turn on Teams calendar of my teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.