Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Camera and Mic on Meeting Start

The new "feature" to prompt on every meeting about camera and mic settings is annoying. I should be able to set it once for each meeting, and it would keep those defaults going forward.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cancel meetings

When cancelling meetings scheduled in teams it would nice to get an option to edit the response and type the reason for cancellation, just like we get in Outlook.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow only orgniser to remove people from a meeting

We have many Teachers and pupils using Microsoft Teams at the moment due to the current crisis. Unfortunately many children are removing others from meetings and muting other children. There is no way to track who is doing this so if would be great if generally it was only the moderator who could remove and mute others in a meeting. Or at least build this in as a policy that can be switched on for education establishments rather than across the board where it wouldn't be needed in professional workplaces. (I'd hope ;)). Thanks.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Video and Private Chat Disabled for Students and Student Interaction - Setting for an Owner of a Channel only setting up a Video Chat

In admin settings for teams, when I activate video chat everyone has access to video chat and monitoring student behavior becomes difficult. We need a way where only the owner of a channel has the ability to set up these voice chats and students are unable to have chats with other students without any supervision. I was hoping that you could implement the ability to choose video enabled online by teacher and the camera turns on as opposed to if i enable chat or video or call now students can call and chat with each other. IT DOES NOT ALLOW…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow users to upload own background picture for video

If we could upload our own background as alternative to the rather cool ones you have offered as options it would be great.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable pinning multiple videos and setting the pin for other participants

In the grid of 4 videos, I would like to select which videos/screens are displayed.
    This would enable sharing video from multiple places for observation, while conversation happens without interrupting the view for any participants.
    Speaker view only lets you see one location at a time, whereas grid view will change as different people speak.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add Live captions in Teams meetings for US Government Cloud Community (GCC).

Please add Live captions in Teams meetings for US Government Cloud Community (GCC).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Meeting Attendee Reports for Meeting owners

Right now, we do not have a way that a Meeting Owner could get an Attendee reports of their meetings, it would be great to get the same info at least as we have on Live Events

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When scheduling a channel selected meeting, the organizer on the Outlook client side will be the team name.

The Teams client displays the meeting organizer's name, while the Outlook client displays the team name.
    Therefore, we do not know who will hold the event, so we want the display to be unified.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export Meeting Chat Log

As the corona situation has turned all meetings into video meetings, there is an increasing need for saving links and clarifications done in the meeting chats. It would be good to have a simple way of exporting the chat log so it could be pasted into a document or similar.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Informal meeting with virtual rooms for remote/isolating workers

We want to be able to hold social meetings for remote workers. This is not a presentation or all-hands, but a social where small groups form to hold conversations. Most of the conversations are open, but sometimes a small group, or just two people may want to have a private chat. So we are looking for a parent meeting with child meeting rooms. The same functionality could be used for a workshop with breakout rooms.

INFORMAL SOCIAL MEETING: Set up a meeting in Teams for the Group (everyone in that channel). People can dial into the meeting, but instead of…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. View all Group Participants in meeting window like Zoon

We need to see how participants that are logged into a virtual meeting. currently it limits it to 4 people in grid view, with all others only showing a small profile photo.

This is something that Zoom has. I've been requested to switch to Zoom because of this capability, though I'm resistant because our organization has been a loyal adopter of Teams. However, I can only hold my team members off for so long.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. About whiteboard logs

If the user is using a whiteboard, it should remain in the audit log.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Volume Control

It would be great if I could control audio sound for each person on the call. I'm on a video chat with my Design Team all day since I work remotely. I would like to lower the volume for each person on the call to dampen the loud talkers or the people who happen to be in a loud part of the office.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. participant mood in meeting

Allow participants in a meeting to indicate a "mood" - e.g., like/dislike, positive/negative, faster/slower, possibly. Include a summary of moods in participant list visible to host, presenter, and maybe full audience

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Email meeting notes, or allow copy/paste of the entire notes

Add an option to email meeting notes, or allow copy/paste of all the notes.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Turn off "Meeting Lobby Feature" at User Level

Ability for Each User to turn of "Lobby" feature for meetings forever. A simple checkbox binary option.

"Do you want your Teams Meetings to have a lobby from which you must admit members?" Yes/No

Then, you don't have to manually do it each meeting. But you could still turn it on for individual meetings, if you'd like.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Channel Meetings Notifications

If a meeting is created in a channel, users should get notified of this through Teams. They should be able to follow/unfollow a channel to determine if they got notified or not.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Name dial in users

In a meeting you should have the ability to name a dial-in user instead of seeing a number so that you know who is speaking other than this random number.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ad-hoc Meeting without Calender Invitation

Sometimes we are in contact with Persons and want to make an adhoc meeting an sending invitation via SMS,Xing,LinkedIn ....
    But i dont want to create a calender entry and need to Invite someone, even though i dont have an email adress from the other participant.

Thats why we still need Zoom Meetings, because you can start a Meeting without anyone and start sharing the URL to get to the Meeting.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base