Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. propose new time

Outlook - Propose New Meeting Time, when accepted are not sent to all invited or in teams. A particular issue on recurring meetings.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Concurrent Meeting

How can a person be part of two meetings concurrently at the same time. No warnings or message to convey the clash.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When I'm in a conference call or meeting within MS Teams, I want to chat with others

If I'm in a meeting when someone is presenting and got a new chat request, cannot see what the message because the screen gets minimized, would like to be able to multitask by being able to see the meeting in one screen and chat in another screen. this functionality is present on Skype for Business

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Polling Functionality

Add a polling functionality to Teams like the one that is available in Skype, where a live poll can be conducted in a meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. By allowing the user to select which videos are shown

Often when I'm in a meeting there are two feeds (videos) that I would like to see, for example the presentation deck and the video feed for the speaker or the room. Please provide a way for the user to select which video streams and how they would like them tiled.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Within meetings, allowing pinning (remain visible) and moving of mute/share/hang-up toolbar

Within a meeting, having the ability to make the options toolbar (where mute/share/hang-up buttons exist) always visible is useful to quickly see if you're currently muted without needing to move the mouse - or have the People pane open.

As an extension, being able to move the options toolbar anywhere on the Meetings pane would help when the options toolbar is always visible and is obscuring information underneat it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PUT THE "MEETING" ICON/LINK BACK INTO THE LEFT SIDE PANEL.

Why did you remove the "Meetings" icon?????

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow IMAP account to create Teams meeting from Outlook client

IMAP account with the same user principal name with Office 365 should be able to create a Teams meeting directly from Outlook client. Currently, we are unable to set up both accounts in one single Outlook profile as they have the same address. Shortcut for Teams is available on Outlook, however, IMAP account with the same UPN with Office 365 is not permitted to create meetings. It would be troublesome to switch Outlook profile from one to another.

It would be a great help to make this feature possible in the future. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. microsoft teams mute atendee in call just for me

Mute atendee/person in call just for me

When we have meetings with participants in the same room as well as remote participants it is annoying to hear people doubletime.
    So I need a solution to mute the local speakers just for myself and anybody else can still hear them

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide email address of people invited to meetings

It would be very useful if it were possible to hide the email address of the people invited into a meeting session - both from the email attachment of the invitation and from the list of attendees.

I understand the need for showing who is going to attend the meeting, but a simple name or initials should do.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. End meeting for everyone

As the meeting organizer, I want to end the meeting when I leave. In Skype for Business there was an option to end the meeting for all instead of just hanging up and leaving everyone else in the meeting
    I am currently training people how to use Teams and suddenly realised ths is missing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. About meeting capacity

Adds the ability to lock team meeting capacity to a fixed value.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide an audio alert when someone joins or leaves the Teams meeting

When the Teams meeting is in progress, it is difficult to find out when someone joins or leaves the meeting especially for the presenter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. List and Count of Meeting Participants inaccurate and different for different participants

The participant list and count in "Currently in this meeting" view of Participants list in a meeting is incorrect. I had a meeting with 30 participants but my view showed only 9, another attendees view showed 13, another attendees view showed 29, etc. This also means I would skip calling on people because I didn't see them in the list of active participants. This also meant that when a certain individual was speaking and had excessive background noise, I was not able to mute them because they were not in the call listed as an active participant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dinging when callers join and hang up

It's really hard to listen on a group call (100-150 people) when your meeting constantly chimes/dinging when callers call in or hang up the call. It's very disruptive and hard to hear the presenter unless your in the room with them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need a public information of the meeting URL expiring date

I would like to know if the Teams meeting URL would be expired, or if so, how long the URL would be available. It would be great if we have any public information about it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Continue to work in another app while meeting video is moved to a corner compact window

In skype we had this feature where meeting video could be make into a small compact window and user could continue to work on the computer.
    In teams we can't do this easily. Our doctors, during telemed session with patient like to continue to chart/document care notes while viewing the patient video session in a smaller corner window.
    We are having to do a workaround by sharing an empty notepad screen and minimizing it, then getting the actual window that we need to work on. This brings up a small compact window of patient's meeting video, however recently a toolbar…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. repeating a meeting every 2 weeks

When I book a meeting, can you add the option of repeating this every other week?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams meeting live caption language support 会議のライブキャプション:言語追加

Please enhance the language support for live caption in teams meeting. Live caption is currently only available in English. Please add Japanese as well as other languages.
    会議のライブキャプションの言語を追加してください。現在は英語のみ対応です。日本語を含む多言語でのサポートを追加お願いします。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the first day of the week default to the Day of the week in Windows

The first day of the week always defaults to Sunday in Teams (Meeting section) although my system (Windows 10) has a default set to Monday. This is not synced to Teams which is always Sunday. Please use the system default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.